2022-2023 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mind me asking what your mcat score was? If two of yall just got the secondary, maybe they are about to send a batch rn. still waiting for mine.

Members don't see this ad.

Mind me asking what your mcat score was? If two of yall just got the secondary, maybe they are about to send a batch rn. still waiting for mine.

I’m still waiting too. 5 weeks ago they told me I’ll hear back soon. Then they said it again last week. Still waiting… I guess soon is relative lol

Members don't see this ad :)
LM is 65. I'm also a reapplicant!

Reactions: 1 user
did they say you will know clearly if you get rejected, or it will be silent?

No idea. I literally said “is this a silent rejection” and they said “Your application is still under review. You should be hearing back from us soon. Thank you for your patience.” So I have no idea

II, IS, 502 MCAT w/ 3.8 GPA, definitely more of a mission fit rather than high stats

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea. I literally said “is this a silent rejection” and they said “Your application is still under review. You should be hearing back from us soon. Thank you for your patience.” So I have no idea
Hey @helpmeouthere do your venting here with your co-applicants, they get it.
When emailing or calling the school be polite professional & confident.
This is the very first day they are inviting for interviews so none of you are being rejected by not getting one today.

Reactions: 3 users
are there any current UIW-SOM students lurking in this thread willing to answer some questions about San Antonio?
Only been here for 3 weeks but I can try. Will probably be able to answer more if you’re asking about the school itself

Only been here for 3 weeks but I can try. Will probably be able to answer more if you’re asking about the school itself
I know it's a bit *early* but I'm a neurotic planner. Where do students typically live? Near campus? closer to central San Antonio? Also what is the vibe of the city? Young? Liberal?

I know it's a bit *early* but I'm a neurotic planner. Where do students typically live? Near campus? closer to central San Antonio? Also what is the vibe of the city? Young? Liberal?

San Antonio is very cultural. It’s a cool city with cool traditions. I would not describe it as young and liberal like Austin. Most people average to moderate and there’s a ton of Catholics. It’s a welcoming and diverse city.

Re: housing, there’s an apartment complex right next to the school that looked new, I’m not sure if a ton of students live there but traffic in San Antonio can be brutal so I would assume at least some do.

My husband is from there. :)

Most students live within 7ish minutes from campus depending on budget ofc. The apartments right across the street from the school are very nice but definitely a little more pricey than other areas.
As for your other question, I don’t think I go out enough to be able to answer that effectively

Highly recommend the book Multiple Mini Interview by Samir Desai and Rajani Katta. It has everything you need to know.

Reactions: 1 users
Highly recommend the book Multiple Mini Interview by Samir Desai and Rajani Katta. It has everything you need to know.
Also check out, here on SDN, a helpful way to structure your MMI responses so you don't ramble :)

Reactions: 2 users
Also check out, here on SDN, a helpful way to structure your MMI responses so you don't ramble :)
@wysdoc my apologies for asking but do you know how UIWSOM does its interviews? Is it higher stat applicants first? Just starting to worry as I don't have an II :/

@wysdoc my apologies for asking but do you know how UIWSOM does its interviews? Is it higher stat applicants first? Just starting to worry as I don't have an II :/
I have an II but I wouldn't consider myself a high stats applicant

no, they work through the applications and send out secondaries and interviews over a period of many months. I don't want anybody to be discouraged because they didn't get one the first week.

no, they work through the applications and send out secondaries and interviews over a period of many months. I don't want anybody to be discouraged because they didn't get one the first week.
thank you, in all honesty I think the silence is getting to me haha, I appreciate the feedback!

Check out the number of days interview invitations went out in the 2021-2022 cycle (16 times, continuing through to April) #2
Definitely makes me feel better, I know this school is low stat friendly also/holistic which also helps as I feel the rest of my app is strong besides my MCAT

Hey everyone! I sent my secondary in to this school 3 weeks ago and according to the portal my LOR is received but it says LOR incomplete, so my app is incomplete. Initially I wasn’t worried but I’ve been seeing a lot of people marked complete very soon after submitting their secondary. I emailed admissions with no response.

How long do you think I should wait it out before calling them?

Hey everyone! I sent my secondary in to this school 3 weeks ago and according to the portal my LOR is received but it says LOR incomplete, so my app is incomplete. Initially I wasn’t worried but I’ve been seeing a lot of people marked complete very soon after submitting their secondary. I emailed admissions with no response.

How long do you think I should wait it out before calling them?
they emailed me back within the next day! but if you emailed them today, you may have to wait til monday to hear back

Is anyone else interviewing in person on 8/26?

they emailed me back within the next day! but if you emailed them today, you may have to wait til monday to hear back
God heard my prayers bc I just got the complete email! Hopefully I get an interview from here in the next round of interviews!

Anyone know if I should still submit my secondary if I missed the 14 day deadline. I didn't read the instructions and dropped the ball. Received my secondary July 14th. I've been drowning in secondaries with full-time work.

Anyone have any insight into the virtual MMI? I'm not really sure what to expect since I always thought of an MMI being a very hands-on experience. Anyone know what it's like any good ways to prep for it?

Anyone know if I should still submit my secondary if I missed the 14 day deadline. I didn't read the instructions and dropped the ball. Received my secondary July 14th. I've been drowning in secondaries with full-time work.

The 14 day deadline isn’t something that’s set in stone, I would say try to submit it as fast as you can though

The 14 day deadline isn’t something that’s set in stone, I would say try to submit it as fast as you can though
"Applications must be submitted within two weeks."

From the secondary invite email. You might get dinged but I agree that it is still worth submitting ASAP.

From the secondary invite email. You might get dinged but I agree that it is still worth submitting ASAP.

Whoops. Most schools don’t have deadlines like that I apologize for the wrong information.

I just submitted. Let's hope I'm still in the running...

So does UIWSOM send secondaries to everyone or do they screen first and send it to applicants they like?