2022-2023 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current Select MSIV here. To answer a general question that I've seen a few times here, even if you only apply to Core, you can be shuttled to Select if they believe you are a better fit for Select. It is extremely, extremely unlikely that you will be reconsidered for Core (at this stage and even less so post-acceptance), and if you decide to take your interview for Select please do not ask about switching to Core!! Bad looks all around.

Happy to answer any Select specific questions in this thread or through DMs!
Hi! I tried to PM you but I couldn't. Can you make your DM's available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in a similar position where one of my interviewers felt like they were grilling me, and I dont feel they got a good idea of who I was as an applicant. I think my second interview went better, and I hope that makes the difference. I would just say, I dont think USF rejects outright I think they waitlist, so my plan is to just wait and see because it may not have been as bad as I thought. I may send then a letter of intent later in the cycle and hope that makes a difference, but thats all I think we can do.
i had the same experience where one of my interviews grilled me intensely, was condescending, and my second interview also did not go well. i thought i completely bombed it but they accepted me still...thinking that the interview doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. don't stress about it!

Reactions: 3 users
hey guys! when do we get the email with all the info on the info sessions?

Reactions: 1 user
Does this school take updates? If so... is it through the portal or through emailing?

I'm not sure about Pre-II but the Post-II email said that they are not accepting any updates

Does this school take updates? If so... is it through the portal or through emailing?

At the bottom of this page, they got some info on submitting updates. Seems like you can only submit updates after you've been invited to interview, but NOT after the interview itself. But I'm not 100% sure tbh USF ain't super clear with their communication

last year, didn't oct interviewees start hearing on the 2nd Saturday of nov (aka tomorrow)?

Anyone know the best way to go about finding a current med student who would answer questions about the program post-acceptance?

Anyone know the best way to go about finding a current med student who would answer questions about the program post-acceptance?
I'm a current SELECT MS2, happy to try to answer any questions you may have via DM!

(Edited to add: If you're looking for someone non-anonymous, there's usually students at the info sessions who are willing to be contacted for any questions I think.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Last year it looks like they went out on the 13th and 15th for November
I also want to add that it seems like October interviews were conducted about a week earlier last year, so maybe we'll see some acceptances come out next Saturday?

I also want to add that it seems like October interviews were conducted about a week earlier last year, so maybe we'll see some acceptances come out next Saturday?
My interview was on October 6th. I think interviews were conducted throughout the month

Just got the A call! interviewed for select Mid Oct.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
got the A today for SELECT - mid Oct interview!!

how soon after getting the A call did yall get the stuff in the mail? I also got an A call today after late oct interview

how soon after getting the A call did yall get the stuff in the mail? I also got an A call today after late oct interview
Took 9 days after the call for me to get the acceptance packet but I live ~1000 miles away.

got the A today for CORE OOS - interviewed Oct 14th

Reactions: 1 users
A via call just now for CORE, interviewed 10/13, OOS :)

Last edited:
LM 80+? wow there are some heavy hitters in this thread

A for Core, interviewed early October, LM 80ish (haven’t checked in a minute)

A for core just now! IS Interviewed mid-Oct. Absolutely ecstatic!

Last edited:
  • Love
Also A for core, OOS interviewed 10/12! My first and only A 🥹

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the A for core like 10 mins ago!! LM 77, interviewed early October. Beyond happy!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!! Stats, if you don’t mind please. How was the interview?

thank you!! LM 75 and I thought one interview was pretty chill and the other I was getting drilled, but overall pretty good!

Did anyone get scholarship info on the call or is that something that would be in the letter/package?

anyone have copies of their recent match lists? all the links online are broken