2022-2023 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how long after the interview we are expected to hear back?
They said 6-8 weeks in post-interview email. I hope its sooner than that though

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Core is almost entirely in-state students and Select is almost entirely OOS. If you are OOS you are unlikely to get a Core interview (it happens, but is rare). If you are OOS I would just take the Select interview rather than holding out hope for a Core interview.

Everyone in Select pays OOS tuition, even if you were a FL resident. In Core there are different tuitions for IS and OOS, and I think IS is ~20k/yr cheaper. Select does M3 and M4 up in Allentown, PA. There is no significant difference in workload between the two programs.

The school might claim something ambiguous about you being a better fit for one program or the other blah blah blah. But med school is med school. Every school/program tries to claim they are unique in some way but that's silly.

For reference, I'm an M3 in Select and I'm overall happy with the program and my experience.
So I’m OOS that is interviewing for CORE, is that random? Would that change my chances of acceptance? Sorry I’m mostly applying Texas so I was really surprised by this II, and the core/select program and which you go to is slightly confusing to me

So I’m OOS that is interviewing for CORE, is that random? Would that change my chances of acceptance? Sorry I’m mostly applying Texas so I was really surprised by this II, and the core/select program and which you go to is slightly confusing to me
+1 OOS CORE, interviewed 10/13 now this has me scared :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet. I applied for CORE but got an invite for SELECT. The email was to first confirm my interest in the program. They will send another with the dates soon.
You just reply back to the email that you want to have interview with the SELECT program? Did you get the response back yet?
Thanks

Not yet. I applied for CORE but got an invite for SELECT. The email was to first confirm my interest in the program. They will send another with the dates soon.

How long until they got back to you with dates

did those who got accepted get an official email yet? they called me saturday but i have still not gotten an email...wondering if i dreamed it

Members don't see this ad :)
did those who got accepted get an official email yet? they called me saturday but i have still not gotten an email...wondering if i dreamed it
I got accepted but no email, hahaha they called so damn early

No email, no portal change, and no packet in the mail yet for me. Tbh it's making me nervous, but I know the adcoms and other admins are just really busy right now.

Received the acceptance packet in the mail today!

Reactions: 4 users
It sounds like they call and mail for the A but only mail for WL?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone that applied for CORE and gotten a SELECT interview emailed them that they are still only interested in CORE and gotten an interview for it? Wondering if its best to take the SELECT interview or let them know you only are interested in CORE?

Today at the SELECT info sessions some people dressed up and others didn't. Also, pretty much everyone kept their video off unless they asked a question.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Would anyone who attended the info sessions today be willing to fill me in on any super important things they covered? I wanted to go but couldn’t get out of work this morning 😞 💔

Hi! Would anyone who attended the info sessions today be willing to fill me in on any super important things they covered? I wanted to go but couldn’t get out of work this morning 😞 💔
You can reach out to whoever sent the original invite & ask to be invited to the December interview session! I missed today's for the same reason, but was added to the list for December.

Does anyone know the procedure for thank you notes/emails? Like if they accept them or where to send them to?

First-time poster here.

Unfortunately, I had a less-than-ideal interview experience at USF Morsani recently. In essence, I feel that I was not given an adequate opportunity to express my ideas freely or engage in meaningful dialogue about the program.

I have not brought my experience to the attention of the admissions team, as I am concerned that this could adversely affect my pending admissions decision.

Nevertheless, I remain very interested in attending the program and would like to voice my concerns for the sake of myself and others.

Any advice?

Reactions: 1 users
First-time poster here.

Unfortunately, I had a less-than-ideal interview experience at USF Morsani recently. In essence, I feel that I was not given an adequate opportunity to express my ideas freely or engage in meaningful dialogue about the program.

I have not brought my experience to the attention of the admissions team, as I am concerned that this could adversely affect my pending admissions decision.

Nevertheless, I remain very interested in attending the program and would like to voice my concerns for the sake of myself and others.

Any advice?
Im in a similar position where one of my interviewers felt like they were grilling me, and I dont feel they got a good idea of who I was as an applicant. I think my second interview went better, and I hope that makes the difference. I would just say, I dont think USF rejects outright I think they waitlist, so my plan is to just wait and see because it may not have been as bad as I thought. I may send then a letter of intent later in the cycle and hope that makes a difference, but thats all I think we can do.

Reactions: 2 users
Any idea when mid-october interviews will hear back? I know they said 6-8 weeks but that seems like a long time.

Any idea when mid-october interviews will hear back? I know they said 6-8 weeks but that seems like a long time.
Last year it looks like they released decisions around the middle of every month for the month before so mid November for October

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone sent a letter of interest here? (Post-interview, but pre-admission decision) What’s the general policy?

Has anyone sent a letter of interest here? (Post-interview, but pre-admission decision) What’s the general policy?
In the post-interview email they said to wait until a decision has been made before sending a letter of interest.

Has anyone who got the interview email about switching to SELECT last week received an interview date? I don't know if they missed my email.

Has anyone who got the interview email about switching to SELECT last week received an interview date? I don't know if they missed my email.
+1! Applied CORE but got an email last Friday to interview for SELECT. I responded within a couple of hours but have not heard anything since :/

Current Select MSIV here. To answer a general question that I've seen a few times here, even if you only apply to Core, you can be shuttled to Select if they believe you are a better fit for Select. It is extremely, extremely unlikely that you will be reconsidered for Core (at this stage and even less so post-acceptance), and if you decide to take your interview for Select please do not ask about switching to Core!! Bad looks all around.

Happy to answer any Select specific questions in this thread or through DMs!

On interview day, is there a whole schedule of sessions or just the two interviews for CORE?