2022-2023 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
didn't get to check the interview dates until now, were they only offered on Tues/Thurs or was I too late to register for other dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like they’re doing it in order of submission.
Honestly, I doubt it. My amcas was verified the first day, but I added Pritzker a bit later, but I was still complete on 07/12. People who were complete after me have already gotten IIs tho so they're either revisiting applicants later, I copped an R, or they're stratifying it some other way.

Honestly, I doubt it. My amcas was verified the first day, but I added Pritzker a bit later, but I was still complete on 07/12. People who were complete after me have already gotten IIs tho so they're either revisiting applicants later, I copped an R, or they're stratifying it some other way.
I don’t think I see any II after 7/12? Where are you seeing?

Reactions: 1 user
II received a few hours ago! Complete 7/7, LM 80

I don’t think I see any II after 7/12? Where are you seeing?
Someone said they got one second week of august, so I assumed that meant around the 14th, but maybe not then?? Ik someone else here said they got an II after being completed on the 12th. Maybe that's just the cutoff for this first wave or something, i guess we can just be optimistic :(

Someone said they got one second week of august, so I assumed that meant around the 14th, but maybe not then?? Ik someone else here said they got an II after being completed on the 12th. Maybe that's just the cutoff for this first wave or something, i guess we can just be optimistic :(
I think we should definitely over analyze and overthink, though. All in agreement?

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who received IIs, does your status say "ready" or "under review" ???

Looks like they aren’t handing out interviews in order.

If I submitted 06/29, is it safe to assume I wasn’t chosen for an II (like either R or hold for later)? I’m an OOS ORM with LM 83. This was by far my top choice but am losing hope now

If I submitted 06/29, is it safe to assume I wasn’t chosen for an II (like either R or hold for later)? I’m an OOS ORM with LM 83. This was by far my top choice but am losing hope now
No one knows for sure broski. I would say since only like 10% of II have been sent out, you shouldn’t worry. For once in our lives I think the best action is to take zero action.

No one knows for sure broski. I would say since only like 10% of II have been sent out, you shouldn’t worry. For once in our lives I think the best action is to take zero action.

How do you know only 10% have been sent out yet? Is there a page to follow this? Thanks!

Just received a fat pre-II R this morning :( loved this school wished they loved me back lol. Anywho good luck to everyone still in the game 🍀

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just received a fat pre-II R this morning :( loved this school wished they loved me back lol. Anywho good luck to everyone still in the game 🍀
Also got a pre-II R this morning :(, complete 6/28
Hey bros i guarantee youll find your place. This process has a wildly unpredictable but still has its own way of working. Do yall mind sharing stats?

Might be a dumb question but what does a pre-II R look like? Are these hard Rs in a form of an email like "we regret to inform you" blah blah?

Might be a dumb question but what does a pre-II R look like? Are these hard Rs in a form of an email like "we regret to inform you" blah blah?
here it is word for word:

The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application and has unfortunately decided not to pursue your candidacy further. We would like to thank you for your interest in the Pritzker School of Medicine and the effort you invested in your application. Every year we receive many applications from highly qualified applicants such as you, but we are limited in the number we are able to interview. So, while we know this outcome may be disappointing, we hope that you understand that our decision is a reflection of a very large pool of accomplished candidates and not a judgment on your abilities.

We wish you all the very best as you pursue your interests in medicine.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how long we have to complete a scholarship/discovery project? Is it just 5 weeks in the spring block of M2? Or do we get more time?

Pre-II R came in at 3:30pm, LM 76 complete 7/12

Reactions: 3 users
Everyday I hope UChicago emails me. Today, however, I hope they don’t.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know how many waves of rejections they do early on? I was complete 7/13 (3.85 521) and was trying to gauge whether they just haven't looked at my app or if "surviving" the first wave of rejections is a good sign. Goodluck everyone!!