2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok I'm really confused -- I'm CA in-state, verified 6/16, received confirmation of receipt of primary 6/29, but still no secondary from UCLA received.
I have a 521 MCAT and 3.85 GPA...

Ok I'm really confused -- I'm CA in-state, verified 6/16, received confirmation of receipt of primary 6/29, but still no secondary from UCLA received.
Hang in there. I was verified and received the primary acknowledgment email earlier than you and received the secondary today.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I honestly don’t know the screening process order. It may be alphabetical tbh

IS received secondary at 3 AM today. In case anyone was wondering, I submitted my primary 6/3 and was verfied 6/27. They seem to be screening very slowly, which I suppose is a good thing.

IS received secondary at 3 AM today. In case anyone was wondering, I submitted my primary 6/3 and was verfied 6/27. They seem to be screening very slowly, which I suppose is a good thing.
that gives some of us lower stats folks some hope! :1geek:

For all of us who've received the confirmation email regarding our primary but still no secondary, do you have LOR assigned/submitted for UCLA? I do not and wondering if that has something to do with it. I looked at last year's thread and that was a theory. Guess I should just send in the LOR and see what happens!

For all of us who've received the confirmation email regarding our primary but still no secondary, do you have LOR assigned/submitted for UCLA? I do not and wondering if that has something to do with it. I looked at last year's thread and that was a theory. Guess I should just send in the LOR and see what happens!
I’m pretty sure I didn’t and got a secondary

OOS Verified 6/24, acknowledgement 6/29 and secondary received 7/11. Don’t be too worried by a long wait I guess

Weird that they don’t mention the AAMC PREview test anywhere on the secondary page, they do require it right?

After submitting the secondary, my application status is "NOT ready" because the LORs are marked as "NOT received". However, my LORs were already submitted and shows up as "Received" for every other school I've applied to. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

After submitting the secondary, my application status is "NOT ready" because the LORs are marked as "NOT received". However, my LORs were already submitted and shows up as "Received" for every other school I've applied to. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

I have similar issue. I have been debating if I should wait or call the admission office to inquire about this but I don't want to appear as desperate

Members don't see this ad :)
I have similar issue. I have been debating if I should wait or call the admission office to inquire about this but I don't want to appear as desperate
Haha, also debating this - glad we're on the same boat! When did you submit your secondary? My current thought is waiting 48 hours before contacting admissions.

Does UCLA actually screen for secondaries?? I was verified 7/11 and UCLA sent my secondary 7/12... seems very fast. Does having residence in LA have something to do with it?
They do - my thinking is that you just made it in time for the next batch of apps that were screened for secondary invites and you have a stellar primary!! Ayyyyy also from LA!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Starting to get concerned, got "primary received" 6/29 but still no secondary OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Verified on 6/1, confirmation of receipt on 6/29, still no secondary???? 52x mcat 3.9x gpa

Verified on 6/1, confirmation of receipt on 6/29, still no secondary???? 52x mcat 3.9x gpa
Yeah 4.0 52X here and nothing, either they are really going big on "mission fit" in their screen or they are just doing it really slowly ig

Anyone have an idea how many get screened out pre-secondary?

Received secondary at 3 am PST. IS, LM 70

Last edited:
@Morningnight @JoyFairy any insight as to what this question means?
What's the context of the question? I would think previous cycle. I'm guessing they want to know if you're a reapplicant to DGSOM.

If it would ease your anxiety, you can email/call admissions... although they are super slow.

What's the context of the question? I would think previous cycle. I'm guessing they want to know if you're a reapplicant to DGSOM.

If it would ease your anxiety, you can email/call admissions... although they are super slow.
I assumed it meant this cycle. Should I email to clarify and let them know that I am a first time applicant? Or just leave it??

I assumed it meant this cycle. Should I email to clarify and let them know that I am a first time applicant? Or just leave it??
I think context is needed here. Are they mentioning it alongside other statement about things you've done in the past, like "I withdrew from a class"? Or are they asking you to confirm that you are not applying to the MSTP?

It definitely wouldn't hurt to email to (1) clarify what they meant by the question and (2) make sure your info is correct in the context they intended.

I think context is needed here. Are they mentioning it alongside other statement about things you've done in the past, like "I withdrew from a class"? Or are they asking you to confirm that you are not applying to the MSTP?

It definitely wouldn't hurt to email to (1) clarify what they meant by the question and (2) make sure your info is correct in the context they intended.
It’s a stand alone question.

It's in the context of a page devoted to the Global Health Equity Pathway OPTION.

I think it asks because the program fits the Traditional MD track or the Prime-LA track, but not with the MSTP. "I have applied" is present perfect tense and in this case refers to something that started in the past and is ongoing i.e. the current application cycle. Just my thoughts.

"Applications for the Global Health Equity Track are included in the general DGSOM application and submitted concurrently."
Wait I'm still confused...isn't everybody going to be answering Yes to this question then since its on the Traditional MD track secondary?

I would highly recommend y'all contacting admissions to clarify this question -- looking at the secondary portal from last cycle, and this was not one of the questions previously! Admissions is quite nice and helpful from my personal experience

• Love
Do the letters of recommendation show up anywhere on the secondary portal? They're usually on the "document status" page for other schools, but I can't find/confirm them anywhere for UCLA.

Do the letters of recommendation show up anywhere on the secondary portal? They're usually on the "document status" page for other schools, but I can't find/confirm them anywhere for UCLA.
I do see "letter of references" under app status

Did anyone figure out if PREview is needed for a complete application or if they will send II out even if you haven't taken it yet?

Still have not received a secondary. Should I reach out? 520x mcat OOS

Need some suggestion: for this prompt ”Describe your most unique leadership, entrepreneurial, or creative activity.“

Do y'all think pursuing a second major in humanities and partaking in activities related to it count as a creative activity? Or it has to be a traditional leadership thing such as a club officer type?

Thanks!

I am starting to believe the theory that the screens are in alphabetical order.... cause my stats arent perfect but I dont think they are bad enough to be pre screened and my last name starts with a z lol.

Still have not received a secondary. Should I reach out? 520x mcat OOS
Also 52x 3.9x OOS verified 6/24 and I just received mine this Monday. I’d give it a few more days but at the same time I don’t know if reaching out would do any harm

Need some suggestion: for this prompt ”Describe your most unique leadership, entrepreneurial, or creative activity.“

Do y'all think pursuing a second major in humanities and partaking in activities related to it count as a creative activity? Or it has to be a traditional leadership thing such as a club officer type?

Thanks!
While I don't think that any one applicant will ever be totally unique in this process, I feel like pursuing a second major is something that a lot of folk may have done. FWIW I would say take the opportunity to talk about something that may be "unique" that didn't make it onto your application. I talked about a minor leadership role I had in a job that wasn't on my primary but it was still meaningful to me and somewhat different from the rest of my app. Hope this helps :)

Anyone else not see LORs that have been received by AMCAS on the secondary portal? Some of my letters has been submitted but it doesn't show up on the documents tab.

I am starting to believe the theory that the screens are in alphabetical order.... cause my stats arent perfect but I dont think they are bad enough to be pre screened and my last name starts with a z lol.
My last name is near the very end of the alphabet + I got my secondary on 7/10, so this may not be true 😭😭

Only just got my secondary oos, seems they are just taking the time to read each primary. Im sure they have some way of prioritizing the order but I have no clue what it is

Verified yesterday, confirmation + secondary today. OOS

In case anyone else was wondering about the standalone question that’s confusing, you do answer yes if you are first-time applicant

Reactions: 3 users
In case anyone else was wondering about the standalone question that’s confusing, you do answer yes if you are first-time applicant
I already submitted and answered no because I assumed they meant in previous cycles. Should I email the admissions office to let them know? I don't want this to disqualify my app or anything

well, I officially called Los Angeles, los Angles. So packin up for me boys

Reactions: 1 users