2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a big yellow packet from OSU last week... with a mini-flyer-sized thank you card and stickers. This week, a nice holiday card in a normal envelope.

My heart.
Never felt so appreciated when I opened up that holiday card.

Members don't see this ad :)
II OOS, scheduled for 1/11/2023. Complete 8/25

Reactions: 1 users
I really hope OSU can come through with that II soon🫠
When were you complete? I am waiting for an II from OSU pretty badly. I feel I had matching stats + EC's for OSU. Feeling sad. I was complete on 08/04.

When were you complete? I am waiting for an II from OSU pretty badly. I feel I had matching stats + EC's for OSU. Feeling sad. I was complete on 08/04.
lol I've been sitting complete since 7/27 and heard nothing back. I'm IS on top of that and matching stats

For those who've interviewed - is the interview open/closed file and is the visit with students worthwhile?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the deferred list heard anything back or know when movement starts?

Reactions: 3 users
There’s still hope guys!! II received two hours ago, complete mid September, IS, LM 72ish.

Reactions: 9 users
Question for people who got their decision: were they accurate with regards to the date decisions would be released that was emailed to you? Or was it earlier?

Are there accepted students here who are in any accepted student Groupme’s? I’d like to know how many are in there at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Have they sent out any acceptances since Mid-december? Haven’t seen anyone post anything in here since then.

Have they sent out any acceptances since Mid-december? Haven’t seen anyone post anything in here since then.
based off of last year, seems like there's a little break in between and more decisions didn't come out til end of Jan/beginning of Feb

Do they have a set amount of students they accept each cycle or do they accept any amount of students they believe can make it through all 3 years? I remember awhile back they only accepted like 2-4 students per year but someone told me they have changed that. How competitive is it? I don't see many students wanting to do 3 year med school

Do they require resident. To be specifically in family medicine or any of the primary care fields?

Do they have a set amount of students they accept each cycle or do they accept any amount of students they believe can make it through all 3 years? I remember awhile back they only accepted like 2-4 students per year but someone told me they have changed that. How competitive is it? I don't see many students wanting to do 3 year med school

Do they require resident. To be specifically in family medicine or any of the primary care fields?
I have moved your question to the Ohio State school-specific thread. That will be your best chance of hearing from someone who knows about the primary care track.

I interviewed with the PCT and here's what I know in regard to your questions. It's a family-medicine specific track, where you are ranked to match with OSU's family medicine program. They said it would be hard to match outside family medicine due to the accelerated curriculum/not having time to do other types of rotations/timing of when Step 2 scores are released. If you decided you wanted to match into something else you'd have to see if they'd let you move to the 4-year track, which I think has happened before but they don't really want that to be commonplace in their program. I'm not sure how many spots they are trying to fill, maybe around 4?

Wish I could see my decision but vitals.osumc isn't loading on any of my devices 🫠😫😫🥺 I've been reloading the site for hours now 😫 😪

does anyone know if osu likes update or interest letters / if they help?
Not 100% sure if it helped but I sent a pub update letter in 11/16 and got an interview in January! I think that means at least it won’t hurt to send one cuz I really thought they just forgot about me lol

I interviewed with the PCT and here's what I know in regard to your questions. It's a family-medicine specific track, where you are ranked to match with OSU's family medicine program. They said it would be hard to match outside family medicine due to the accelerated curriculum/not having time to do other types of rotations/timing of when Step 2 scores are released. If you decided you wanted to match into something else you'd have to see if they'd let you move to the 4-year track, which I think has happened before but they don't really want that to be commonplace in their program. I'm not sure how many spots they are trying to fill, maybe around 4?
I've heard some people were able to get into a IM residency even after completing the three year primary care Track. Some schools like the medical college of Wisconsin allow students to get into IM if they can get a match. Obviously surgery would be out of question and would need to get into the 4 year program.
What do you think?

I've heard some people were able to get into a IM residency even after completing the three year primary care Track. Some schools like the medical college of Wisconsin allow students to get into IM if they can get a match. Obviously surgery would be out of question and would need to get into the 4 year program.
What do you think?
I don't know if it would be impossible for something like IM, but based on what I heard at the interview, I don't believe they've had anyone match outside of FM from the PCT at this particular school. Unfortunately I don't know much more than that.