2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was this for MD or MSTP? Also complete date and stats if you don’t mind sharing?
No problem! MSTP- completed 7/11. 3.99 522 and 4 years research experience. I'm super excited just confused by how to actually accept this invite lol

Members don't see this ad.

No problem! MSTP- completed 7/11. 3.99 522 and 4 years research experience. I'm super excited just confused by how to actually accept this invite lol
How exciting! You should totally join us on the physician-scientist forums. We try to collect and organize MD/PhD IIs over the cycle as a resource for future applicants. I've dropped the link below- seems you're very early :) Hopefully someone over there might have the answer you're looking for

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How exciting! You should totally join us on the physician-scientist forums. We try to collect and organize MD/PhD IIs over the cycle as a resource for future applicants. I've dropped the link below- seems you're very early :) Hopefully someone over there might have the answer you're looking for

Thank you!

is anyone else having trouble finding the secondary? when I log into the portal i can't find it anywhere under the "graduate applications"

is anyone else having trouble finding the secondary? when I log into the portal i can't find it anywhere under the "graduate applications"
We may be having a similar problem, I posted earlier in the thread. I'm a reapplicant, and I wonder if I used the same username this year that I used last year, and whether that might be giving me trouble finding my app. When I log back in I also can't find it under "graduate applications" or any of the other 3 options, or beneath those 4 choices, or anywhere else on the portal (despite having started this year's application a week ago).

OSU Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions got back to me today, 5 business days after I initially emailed them. I've been trying to log in with the wrong username, probably the one I used last year, which is why this year's application didn't show up. They sent the right username and I submitted today.

sorry here are some more details: OOS regular decision MD applicant.
Completed 7/2

+1 II! OOS Regular MD Completed 7/9. Also received at 4:34 AM PST lol

Members don't see this ad :)
For this question
"The OSU COM Admissions vision statement states that the admissions committee will assemble a class that displays "diversity in background and thought." Why is "diversity in background and thought" a desirable characteristic for a medical school's student body? "
Can someone let me know if you have any tips about approaching this one? I want to stay away from cliches, and I feel like no matter what, my response will be identical to many many others. Is there a way to personalize this a little without drifting away from the prompt?

For this question
"The OSU COM Admissions vision statement states that the admissions committee will assemble a class that displays "diversity in background and thought." Why is "diversity in background and thought" a desirable characteristic for a medical school's student body? "
Can someone let me know if you have any tips about approaching this one? I want to stay away from cliches, and I feel like no matter what, my response will be identical to many many others. Is there a way to personalize this a little without drifting away from the prompt?
This is my two cents so just take it with a grain of salt. I answered this question using my own story of how I was able to improve my program and increase the participation rate based on all the different advice and feedback from diverse participants I received throughout the service term. From this experience, I came to appreciate the value of diverse perspectives that were valuable to my program progress. Then in the concluding paragraph, I connected what I learned from this experience to how I can contribute to medical school as a medical student and a future physician who will care for patients from diverse backgrounds.

Not sure if this still sounds cliche to you but hope this gives you some ideas.

This is my two cents so just take it with a grain of salt. I answered this question using my own story of how I was able to improve my program and increase the participation rate based on all the different advice and feedback from diverse participants I received throughout the service term. From this experience, I came to appreciate the value of diverse perspectives that were valuable to my program progress. Then in the concluding paragraph, I connected what I learned from this experience to how I can contribute to medical school as a medical student and a future physician who will care for patients from diverse backgrounds.

Not sure if this still sounds cliche to you but hope this gives you some ideas.
That makes sense, thank you sm! That's not cliche at all because it's personalized. I think I'll do something similar.

Got one on Monday, IS submitted 7/7

OOS II received early this morning, no ties, LM 80.6, complete 7/18!

I'm trying to review my secondary application after I submitted but it no longer appears on the secondary link sent in the email and the application code is no longer valid. Is there a way to go back and look at it?

I'm trying to review my secondary application after I submitted but it no longer appears on the secondary link sent in the email and the application code is no longer valid. Is there a way to go back and look at it?
unfortunately not, you can't re-access it after submitting

OOS II this morning complete 8/8 LM 72

I'm also OOS and complete 8/2 but hear nothing but crickets :/

I know someone who did not hear from them until March of the cycle and got in. There is hope.

I know someone who did not hear from them until March of the cycle and got in. There is hope.
+1, IS and got an II in late February last year and am currently an M1 here!

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you with interviews, were you able to see who was interviewing you beforehand, or do we just know that one will be with faculty and the other with med student/resident?

For those of you with interviews, were you able to see who was interviewing you beforehand, or do we just know that one will be with faculty and the other with med student/resident?
day of you get an email and you can figure out who.

what was your MCAT score and GPA. Any research experience? Thank you
So I had to retake the MCAT, my initial score was a 508 taken in 2019, and retake was done in july21 and was 516. My GPA was 3.62 cumulative, with a strong rising trend(my frist freshmen sem was 2.8) and science gpa was I think 3.4. I didn't have research during undergrad but did start research at an UT lab( complete newbie but started right after I submitted primary, so only a little in secondary was mentioned but I did talk about it a lot in my interview because it was new. I did have a small independent research project( non bio related) about healthcar documentaries but no bench work was there.

Usually you can't see who's gonna be interviewing you, but the trick it the names are usually in the email address of either the cc'd person or an zoom link from them themselves. That's what I did in mine last year. However since they send these links the day of, it wouldn't help much even if you knew it...so short answer yes it's just one faculty and one med student!

You can actually call the office they would be able to send you your secondary and I did the same last year for the interview prep, I did end up not using it after all!.

Hi everyone, I emailed them an update last week and got this reply:

"Thank you for your email and update. We have received the additional information you have submitted. If selected for an interview, you can present materials at that time."

I'm just a bit confused about what they mean for the interview part. Does this mean they will read my updates or I have to be invited for an interview to tell them?

any other interviewees receive a small package in the mail from OSU? It just contains some stickers and a booklet detailing the OSUCOM MD Program.

II OOS! I need to reschedule my interview since it clashes with another interview date. I called the admissions office (as it says to do on the portal if you need a reschedule) and left a message. Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back? Has anyone else had to reschedule their interview?

II OOS! I need to reschedule my interview since it clashes with another interview date. I called the admissions office (as it says to do on the portal if you need a reschedule) and left a message. Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back? Has anyone else had to reschedule their interview?
Around when were you complete???