2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted OOS!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!! That is record turnaround time 😍
OSU tells us the day we should expect a decision at the interview, and it seems to always be 2 weeks after interview!

Acceptance came in this morning.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys!
Q
I am very fortunate to have been accepted to OSU, I am still waiting to hear back from some schools I interviewed at, and I have some interviews coming up. So it is too early to make a decision yet. I receive an acceptance letter on 11/2. However, I am not sure what should I do next. Do I have to accept now, or do I just have to wait until 2/19 when we start making decisions?
I have read the emails and paperwork that was sent to me but I am still confused on what are the next steps. Thank you so much for your help, and wish you the absolute best in this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys!
Q
I am very fortunate to have been accepted to OSU, I am still waiting to hear back from some schools I interviewed at, and I have some interviews coming up. So it is too early to make a decision yet. I receive an acceptance letter on 11/2. However, I am not sure what should I do next. Do I have to accept now, or do I just have to wait until 2/19 when we start making decisions?
I have read the emails and paperwork that was sent to me but I am still confused on what are the next steps. Thank you so much for your help, and wish you the absolute best in this cycle
I'm sure you can accept for now. I believe it's not binding until AAMC traffic deadlines.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after signing up for the tour?
I didn't get a confirmation email until closer to the date. I think they wait until they fill the tour up! P.S. the Panera they provide for lunch is a 10/10

I didn't get a confirmation email until closer to the date. I think they wait until they fill the tour up! P.S. the Panera they provide for lunch is a 10/10
Are interviews in person or can they be virtual?

Are interviews in person or can they be virtual?
I believe all of the MD interviews are virtual. They have a separate tour available (twice a month I believe) that is in person where they show you around the med campus as well as a little bit of the undergrad campus.

Probably in November. The latest ones they’ve reviewed so far were complete mid-August. OSU also does their review in weekly batches.
Fingers crossed for this re-applicant....I completed end of Aug, and I'm an OSU alum (for what it's worth).

Please tell me this review is holistic. I need all the holistic help I can get :unsure:

I believe all of the MD interviews are virtual. They have a separate tour available (twice a month I believe) that is in person where they show you around the med campus as well as a little bit of the undergrad campus.
Do you know if tours are just for accepted applicants or is that available to anyone interested in seeing the campus? I would totally show up in hopes that showing interest would give my application whatever small boost.

Probably in November. The latest ones they’ve reviewed so far were complete mid-August. OSU also does their review in weekly batches.
Do we know if that means that anyone who submitted before that, but hasn't heard back has been rejected? I submitted mid-July and was honestly pretty confident about getting an interview at this school and it's my top choice. Not hearing back is stressing me out.

Do we know if that means that anyone who submitted before that, but hasn't heard back has been rejected? I submitted mid-July and was honestly pretty confident about getting an interview at this school and it's my top choice. Not hearing back is stressing me out.
Same thing here

Members don't see this ad :)
They continue sending out interviews into February for March interview dates. From prior experience of someone I know, even if you were complete in July, you may still get an interview invite in February.

Reactions: 4 users
Now that Thanksgiving is just around the corner and haven't heard from more than 75% of the schools I've applied to, my hopes for success here and anywhere else have plummeted where I have no energy to remain even slightly optimistic...is anyone else in the same boat?

Now that Thanksgiving is just around the corner and haven't heard from more than 75% of the schools I've applied to, my hopes for success here and anywhere else have plummeted where I have no energy to remain even slightly optimistic...is anyone else in the same boat?
I’m feeling the same way. This process sucks.

Yes :(
I’m feeling the same way. This process sucks.
And yes :(

Complete 8/6 IS, have heard nothing. Any other IS haven't heard anything?

Anyone who got previously deferred get admitted within the past month?

Same! and BTW , I submitted all my secondary apps in middle of September, when did you send your secondary apps? thanks !

Am I supposed to do anything after getting accepted or not until Feb when the commit to enroll opens?

Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/14 OOS. No email, just checked vitals

Reactions: 2 users
Got a big yellow packet from OSU last week... with a mini-flyer-sized thank you card and stickers. This week, a nice holiday card in a normal envelope.

My heart.

Reactions: 4 users
OSU alum and hoping to hear back even though i am on the lower side of stats... i was complete in early July and haven't heard anything :(

Reactions: 8 users
asked this on the MD/PhD forum but wondering if anyone who applied happens to be on here: any idea when in December or January MD/PhD decisions are released? They said they have ranking meeting sometime in Dec.

do they reject throughout? or one big at the end
I looked at last year's thread, seems like the first mass pre-II R date is on April 1, no Rs were reported before that.

For anyone who is curious, the IIs seemed to stop in early March as well but there were a lot of IIs reported January-February so we still have time!!

Reactions: 5 users
Deferred LM 77. Interviewed early December. Damn sucks cuz it’s my alma mater.

For those who have heard from OSU after their interview, did your vitals stay as the interview invite until you got the decision?