2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sighs I was complete 8/2 and still haven't heard anything...
This is one of my top schools for a number of reasons including proximity to my significant other so an R (or honestly the radio silence) from here is going to sting and burn

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II OOS! I need to reschedule my interview since it clashes with another interview date. I called the admissions office (as it says to do on the portal if you need a reschedule) and left a message. Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back? Has anyone else had to reschedule their interview?
I had to reschedule mine- it took about a day and it was pretty easy to just switch it to the next date.

OOS II received. Submitted 8/3. I have strong ties (aka family) in Ohio/Pennsylvania.
Congratulations! What interview dates were offered and if you don't mind sharing your stats. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an invitation to apply to the postbacc medpath program through the vitals portal?

No, but I am also interested. Did you get an invite already?
I did. Also got an additional email this morning that they removed me from this application cycle. Basically an R. I don't think I will apply for this postbacc. I have an A at a DO school and waiting for my decision on an MD interview I had in two weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
II received today.
LM 75. OOS. Completed 8/17.

The email was odd in that it wasn't your typical, "Congratulations! ...", but, "We look forward to meeting you on your upcoming Virtual Interview Day".

They just give you a date to show up.

Like, thanks for letting me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I did. Also got an additional email this morning that they removed me from this application cycle. Basically an R. I don't think I will apply for this postbacc. I have an A at a DO school and waiting for my decision on an MD interview I had in two weeks.
how long did you submit secondary, did you receive an R and an invite ?

how long did you submit secondary, did you receive an R and an invite ?
I submitted the secondary a while back. I Don't remember when. Around the time the first wave came in.
I got the invite and the R at the same time.

"You are receiving this e-mail because The Ohio State University College of Medicine Admissions Committee has recommended that your application be considered for the Medical Careers Pathway Post Baccalaureate Program (MEDPATH) which is administered by the Office of Medical Education. Please note that the Admissions Committee has decided to close your application to the Regular MD program. Up to fifteen students will be selected to participate in the year long MEDPATH program, which is aimed at developing and enriching the academic knowledge base and skills of students prior to entrance into medical school. The College of Medicine will offer conditional acceptances to the MEDPATH students for the MD entering class of the following year, based upon successful completion of all components of the MEDPATH program."

Is anyone able to login and see their whole application? After submitting it, I can’t figure out how to find it. I can access vitals though

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they have second look in-person or just the open house in Nov in person? I don't really want to pay for a flight + hotel and then get rejected post II...
Last years second look was via zoom in the spring time.

Has anyone heard anything from them? Not a lot of IIs going out on here so wondering if its just slow or not many are being reported

Does anybody know what time they released admissions decisions on 10/15 last year?

II just now for the PCT! 😭 OOS, ORM, LM 73. I thought I had no chance since I think they only accept 2 people. Super excited!!

anyone else an alumni getting emails from them? I made a whole new email for my application and somehow they got it and are still sending me things. raises my heart rate each time I get a new "you're invited" email from them, only for it to be an open house. Idk how they got my new email lol

anyone else an alumni getting emails from them? I made a whole new email for my application and somehow they got it and are still sending me things. raises my heart rate each time I get a new "you're invited" email from them, only for it to be an open house. Idk how they got my new email lol
getting the same emails from my alma mater… they must have put two and two together lol

Does anybody know what time they released admissions decisions on 10/15 last year?
Looking at the thread from last year, seems like it was 6AM 🥲

Also seems like most people didn't get an email, but just checked their status on Vitals.

OOS II today!!! complete around 8/17, LM ~70

Reactions: 2 users
I know tomorrow is a Saturday, but do we still think vitals will be updated with admission decisions? The post-interview packet I received said to check vitals on Oct 15th, but I wasn't sure if someone heard otherwise
I was under the impression that the 15th would be the date to check.

Just got an A!!!!!!! Vitals update, no email. OOS Interviewed mid Sept. Literally about to pass out lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
A via portal- OOS, interviewed late September

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
My very first A! No email, just checked vitals portal! Interviewed 9/12. OOS. brb crying tears of joy

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Deferred 🥲🥲 Interview 9/12. Congrats to the accepted applicants and good luck to everyone still in the running! 🥳🥳

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if the majority of people get deferred? I know there's a reporting bias since most people probably don't use SDN, but 5 people saying they're accepted is a little low don't y'all think?

• Hmm
I got the A as well yesterday morning but forgot to say it here, my bad for that. I interviewed first week of October.

To those of us with an A, I have a question. Do we need to do anything/pay a deposit to save our acceptance spot? Like, is there anything we need to do of immediate importance?

To those of us with an A, I have a question. Do we need to do anything/pay a deposit to save our acceptance spot? Like, is there anything we need to do of immediate importance?
Not that I'm aware of. The instructions seem specific to if you are committing and it says that "should you accept our offer" there are things to do. So I guess nothing?

Not that I'm aware of. The instructions seem specific to if you are committing and it says that "should you accept our offer" there are things to do. So I guess nothing?
if you look on the recent email they sent to us from the graduate/professional admissions, there is a deposit of 25$ to accept your acceptance. I called the admissions office and this is by no means a commitment to enroll/matriculate into the school.

if you look on the recent email they sent to us from the graduate/professional admissions, there is a deposit of 25$ to accept your acceptance. I called the admissions office and this is by no means a commitment to enroll/matriculate into the school.
Gotcha! I thought that was due alongside the commit to enroll but I couldn't tell for sure based on the wording

For anyone with an A, did you guys get calls or just status update/emails? Im tryna figure out if accepting the offer through vitals application center is binding or not and wont call if they're already gonna call.

For anyone with an A, did you guys get calls or just status update/emails? Im tryna figure out if accepting the offer through vitals application center is binding or not and wont call if they're already gonna call.
I don't think any acceptances you get at this point is binding

So we do not need to pay the 25$ yet? The VITALS message said "This fee is due after you indicate your final decision in the AMCAS - Choose Your Medical School Tool and by using "Commit to Enroll" so do we not need to do anything to hold our spot?

So we do not need to pay the 25$ yet? The VITALS message said "This fee is due after you indicate your final decision in the AMCAS - Choose Your Medical School Tool and by using "Commit to Enroll" so do we not need to do anything to hold our spot?
the 25$ is to just accept ur acceptance. i called them and its not a commitment to enroll. and yes apparently u use the CTE function in CYMST to confirm your matriculation. idk if there's a deadline to accept the acceptance.

OOS II received this morning at 7 am CT, complete 7/18! This is sign that there's hope for early submitters-- if you haven't heard back from this school yet, don't give up! LM 70, URM. Over the moon :) Congrats to those who already have As! Hope I'm next

Reactions: 2 users
I completed the Ohio state application pretty late (late august/ early september). Through this thread I’m guessing they didn’t even look at my app yet. But does anyone have an idea of when I’d hear back?

I completed the Ohio state application pretty late (late august/ early september). Through this thread I’m guessing they didn’t even look at my app yet. But does anyone have an idea of when I’d hear back?
Probably in November. The latest ones they’ve reviewed so far were complete mid-August. OSU also does their review in weekly batches.

Deferred Decision, this morning. Interviewed 10.24. No email, just checked vitals. Anyone know how how quick the turnaround rate is here? Should I have reasonable hope?

IS A this morning!! Interviewed 10/24

Reactions: 4 users
Deferred Decision, this morning. Interviewed 10.24. No email, just checked vitals. Anyone know how how quick the turnaround rate is here? Should I have reasonable hope?
I know a handful of people who were deferred before they were accepted who now go here! Reasonable hope fs, it's still quite early!