2022-2023 LSU - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take for you to be emailed complete? I submitted my 50$ fee via mail but it has not been checked although its been recieved. I wrote my name on the check, and hope they got it
It was somewhere around a week for me from the time I mailed it to the time I received an email just stating that they received the money (not the actual complete email).

Members don't see this ad.

It was somewhere around a week for me from the time I mailed it to the time I received an email just stating that they received the money (not the actual complete email).
Oh okay thanks! Yes, its been a week so Im hoping it didnt get lost somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Should we receive an email stating our file is complete? I received an email a while back stating there was something outstanding, but that was submitted last Monday and I haven’t yet received an email stating my file is complete.

Anyone know if there is a significant lag between being complete and receiving an email confirming that?

Should we receive an email stating our file is complete? I received an email a while back stating there was something outstanding, but that was submitted last Monday and I haven’t yet received an email stating my file is complete.

Anyone know if there is a significant lag between being complete and receiving an email confirming that?
i got an email saying my file was complete. took about a week for my application fee to get processed. if you dont hear from them i would reach out.

People who interviewed today - this email is talking about pre recorded practice questions and idk what they're talking about. What is that?

i ignored it. the interview was fab and that “pre recorded” stuff was never brought up.

ED interviewed last week and reviewed an A today!! Second time applying, stay positive and sending all the love and good vibes to everyone awaiting an interview/decision!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, how was it?
Interviews were good - they definitely had specific questions ready to ask but nothing technical and nothing particularly difficult. Fairly conversational!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviews were chill but kinda weird tbh. They were strict 20 minute intervals that would cut you off. I think the interviewers used the 10 minutes in between to discuss the applicants, but I'm not sure.

Interviews were good - they definitely had specific questions ready to ask but nothing technical and nothing particularly difficult. Fairly conversational!
totally agree! mine were all conversational with some specific questions that gave rise to more questions, so the flow was good. had one question that was super unexpected but it was difficult to answer

Interviews were chill but kinda weird tbh. They were strict 20 minute intervals that would cut you off. I think the interviewers used the 10 minutes in between to discuss the applicants, but I'm not sure.
I was thinking the same thing re: 10 mins between!! Soooo curious!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am a Canadian non-trad applicant I just received an invitation to fill in the secondary application. I was wondering what are the chances for II after secondary invitation since they screen OOS/Canadians before sending a secondary request?

Anyone receive II RD after 9/1 posts I don’t see any posts about II RD

For those RD applicants that have already interviewed - do you remember what they said about when we'd hear anything? I remember them saying not to expect a decision until February, but I'm wondering if we'll get any type of correspondence before then. Of course I'm being neurotic and stalked the SDN page from last year and saw RD As start to go out Oct 6th... So I'm holding out (probably) false hope (especially considering I'm OOS)

Would love to know y'alls thoughts... even if just to commiserate on this brutal waiting game we're all in.

For those RD applicants that have already interviewed - do you remember what they said about when we'd hear anything? I remember them saying not to expect a decision until February, but I'm wondering if we'll get any type of correspondence before then. Of course I'm being neurotic and stalked the SDN page from last year and saw RD As start to go out Oct 6th... So I'm holding out (probably) false hope (especially considering I'm OOS)

Would love to know y'alls thoughts... even if just to commiserate on this brutal waiting game we're all in.
They said it usually takes about 4-6 weeks, but they can't release acceptances until 10/15 per traffic rules I think. They also said that the majority of interviewees are placed on a waitlist and taken off at the beginning of 2023. I'm oos as well and expecting a waitlist tbh.

They said it usually takes about 4-6 weeks, but they can't release acceptances until 10/15 per traffic rules I think. They also said that the majority of interviewees are placed on a waitlist and taken off at the beginning of 2023. I'm oos as well and expecting a waitlist tbh.
I thought the same thing re: traffic rules but then I saw As go out first week of Oct for RDs last year... like I said, giving me false hope I'm sure. Traffic rules are technically a suggestion... but yeah, I need to get my mind prepared to not hear til 2023. I am keeping myself so dang busy but still can't get my mind off of it.

Good luck everyone!

For those of you who have received interviews (or rejections), when were you complete and when were you notified of an interview?

For those of you who have received interviews (or rejections), when were you complete and when were you notified of an interview?
Aug 30th complete (finished secondary 8/24 but send in fee was delivered on 8/30 to complete) & Sept 1 interview invite

is the earliest RD can hear back Oct 15?

Honestly I don’t think so. Even though most schools follow this, the committee is meeting tomorrow and I think decisions could go out next week, similar to last cycle.

• Wow
Honestly I don’t think so. Even though most schools follow this, the committee is meeting tomorrow and I think decisions could go out next week, similar to last cycle.
how did you hear that the committee is meeting tomorrow?

thanks for the info!!

Everyone some how knows someone that knows someone on the committee. Take everything on here lightly and you’ll have less anxiety
I interviewed Wednesday (9/28) and they said in the orientation that they will be meeting today (Friday) to discuss applicants. Most get No Further Action (NFA, or their WL), then people will get picked off as they select who gets the A.

Interview went good imo. Lots of down time between orientation and the actual 1-1 interviews.

does LSU send A’s via snail mail or do you get an email?
In the interview I heard mixed responses. As far as I know, snail mail has been their go to. But during the orientation they mentioned that they are "trying to go green", so maybe they're changing it to email? I would be curious if those who get As later to chim in.

anyone else anxiously waiting for call/email or anything response at all lol

Reactions: 2 users
my file was marked complete 8/19 - does anyone know if this is late to submit per lsu standards? I have yet to hear anything so feeling the anxiety

the NFA isnt bad. it just means nothing was decided yet and they send out a majority of As and Rs betweens Jan-June. They said in the interview that pretty much everyone who applies gets this email first.

the NFA isnt bad. it just means nothing was decided yet and they send out a majority of As and Rs betweens Jan-June. They said in the interview that pretty much everyone who applies gets this email first.

Thank you for reply. Jan-June wow

Last edited:
Looking for some assistance, I feel pretty stupid but I wasn't expecting LSUs secondary app format to be different from so many other schools. I am a canadian pre-med. I am little confused as to how I access the portal to upload the parts of the secondary application. The email doesn't really explain this. Maybe I am missing something very obvious idk lol, but any help is appreciated :)

A by email!! totally wan't expecting this given the 10/15 traffic rules...but so excited to be here! stats, complete date, etc posted earlier in thread

• Love
Reactions: 8 users