2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are they still sending out ii?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my unofficial financial aid… very disappointed. I thought this school was generous with scholarships. My fafsa is basically zero and they basically just gave me loans (that aren’t even enough for cost of living) and a very small scholarship in the area if 10,000. Anyone have any advice? I’m waiting for other schools but don’t any other offers to negotiate with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my unofficial financial aid… very disappointed. I thought this school was generous with scholarships. My fafsa is basically zero and they basically just gave me loans (that aren’t even enough for cost of living) and a very small scholarship in the area if 10,000. Anyone have any advice? I’m waiting for other schools but don’t any other offers to negotiate with.
So sorry, when did you interview and get offer?

“ *The below email will serve as an unofficial financial aid award offer as we're finalizing system updates. Official notices will be sent next week. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.”

Is what the email says.

My aid was dog as well. 111k estimated cost per year is insane.

Reactions: 2 users
For the fin aid, is “student support scholarship” money from the government that does not need to be paid back? I’m confused what is what - no info regarding explanation. I know the loan portion must be paid back

Reactions: 1 user
This school must be throwing crazy money at the 520+ people. Their MCAT averages went up to 515 in todays MSAR update.

For the fin aid, is “student support scholarship” money from the government that does not need to be paid back? I’m confused what is what - no info regarding explanation. I know the loan portion must be paid back
I think that’s a grant from the school that’s a gift.

This school must be throwing crazy money at the 520+ people. Their MCAT averages went up to 515 in todays MSAR update.
i think since they have graduated a couple classes now they aren’t giving as much aid now. i’m sure some will decline their offers and they will trickle down to you guys. (at least you have an A!)

Can confirm. I will likely turn down my scholarship soon and I hope it goes to one of you. Out of curiosity, what was their previous MCAT average?
Everything I saw said it was 511 before? But I think MSAR had it lasted at 513 last year

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m sorry you are disappointed. I will say, a good friend of mine tried to re-negotiate her merit scholarship but to no avail. They say they distributed all funds already and theres a waitlist for funds if a person rejects it

I’m sorry you are disappointed. I will say, a good friend of mine tried to re-negotiate her merit scholarship but to no avail. They say they distributed all funds already and theres a waitlist for funds if a person rejects it

They distributed all funds already? That seems odd. I know people last year who got full tuition offers after negotiating in April

I was accepted in December but I haven’t heard anything about financial aid at all, need based or merit based. Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 users
I received a full tuition scholarship and am heavily considering it. Do they hand out a lot of these/ would I be able to leverage it with other schools?

I received a full tuition scholarship and am heavily considering it. Do they hand out a lot of these/ would I be able to leverage it with other schools?
Definitely doesn’t hurt to try with other schools using your offer letter from Hackensack. Good luck and congrats!

so people who are still waiting for an admissions decision are probably looking at nothing?

interviewed in October and still haven't heard anything about 2nd interview :/
Hackensack Meridian does two rounds of interviews? That sounds stressful. I never heard of med schools doing multiple rounds of interviewing before.

anyone else interview in Sept and still not hear back? feels kinda ridiculous at this point

They distributed all funds already? That seems odd. I know people last year who got full tuition offers after negotiating in April
well based on a conversation with fin aid, they cannot reallocate funds because all of it has been distributed to accepted students. if someone declines, it goes to next person on waitlist - not someone with an existing offer who needs more. This is also why they said negotiating isnt an option. Maybe they say different things to different people I don’t know - but also as someone mentioned, they are growing as a program now so negotiations last year does not say much on what will happen this year.

so people who are still waiting for an admissions decision are probably looking at nothing?
I can’t say for sure obviously- If I was forced to take a guess, i’d say yes, dont expect much. but really its a mystery and the answers will come with time unfortunately

Y’all think if I called them and said I’d be perfectly willing to pay full price (aka take out 440k in loans bc who in gods name are we kidding my pockets are EMPTY) they would uhhhhhhhh let me in

3F1F6209-E6AC-42D6-B058-6FB4F181BBE4.jpeg

Please excuse this extremely low quality meme but this is how this thread feels rn (no judgement for those of you complaining tho I would love to complain too like i did 100% just realize the merit aid is a way for them to inflate their msar stats)

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
View attachment 368198
Please excuse this extremely low quality meme but this is how this thread feels rn (no judgement for those of you complaining tho I would love to complain too like i did 100% just realize the merit aid is a way for them to inflate their msar stats)
Me in the top right

View attachment 368198

That’s me in the bottom right lol, the wait is too long

Petition for me to be let in based solely on the lighthearted slapstick comedic community vibes I bring to this here sdn forum

Reactions: 5 users
Hackensack Meridian does two rounds of interviews? That sounds stressful. I never heard of med schools doing multiple rounds of interviewing before.
Not everyone gets second interview. I only had one and was accepted.

Anyone know how their matching went?

Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent or if that will even move the needle for them? I'm OOS, so thinking that saying I'm committed to NJ will help?

Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent or if that will even move the needle for them? I'm OOS, so thinking that saying I'm committed to NJ will help?
Doubtful that it moves the needle but they do accept them, if you have time, this is your #1 school, and you're either waiting for a post-II decision or on the WL, then there's no harm in it.

If you do not mind sharing what are your stats or what do you believe are the stats necessary to receive a full tuition scholarship?

If you do not mind sharing what are your stats or what do you believe are the stats necessary to receive a full tuition scholarship?
they're probably what you'd imagine they are: close to 4.0 and over 520

I called a couple weeks ago asking for an update and after checking my app they told me I should write an loi if that helps

I am going to boldly state for the record that they are certainly not going to release As tomorrow at ~2:30pm and I DARE them to prove me wrong!!!!! 😤

no really tho I dare you like cmon hmsom prove me wrong it sure would show me 🫠

• Haha
Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 12/19….
When I said prove me wrong this isn’t quite what I meant but I digress

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
wow no acceptances post Dec interviews?still waiting on my decision, interview mid feb