2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So CYMS tool opened today, I was accepted to HMSOM, yet it does not appear on the tool. Worth an email to admissions? Anyone else with acceptances either seeing or not seeing HMSOM on the CYMS tool?
Same here!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how responsive admissions is to emails? aka like how long it might take them to reply

Members don't see this ad :)
So CYMS tool opened today, I was accepted to HMSOM, yet it does not appear on the tool. Worth an email to admissions? Anyone else with acceptances either seeing or not seeing HMSOM on the CYMS tool?

Not seeing it either, and I can see other schools.

I can see HMSOM on the CYMS tool now. It says they submitted my info to AMCAS around 11am EST today. Guess they just procrastinated lol

Reactions: 2 users
Why's everyone rushing to enroll in CYMS, from my understanding you gain nothing out of it, especially for this date range I think it's more for the school's sake to figure out how many more people they should interview and accept.

Why's everyone rushing to enroll in CYMS, from my understanding you gain nothing out of it, especially for this date range I think it's more for the school's sake to figure out how many more people they should interview and accept.
because we are all neurotic and want to confirm that the schools that accepted us *actually* accepted us. :rofl: (at least this is how I felt when I checked this morning)

Reactions: 8 users
because we are all neurotic and want to confirm that the schools that accepted us *actually* accepted us. :rofl: (at least this is how I felt when I checked this morning)
can confirm lol

Reactions: 1 user
Hi friends, I just submitted a letter of interest to the secondary portal under documents. Do you think I need to email the adcom to confirm they received it and added it to my application? Not sure if there's anything automatic about this process lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
You get me on a deep and intimate level, and I do not like that one bit

Hey everyone just wanted to share this. The school is officially now full accredited. (Can't believe I'm rebooting up my SDN account)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone know what the biggest scholarship they can give us ?

I was admitted on the first possible day, which I believe was December 15th if I remember correctly... got word of the scholarship on February 10th so there was a big gap!
yes, same here - I was admitted on 12/14 and got the scholarship email on 2/10

Does this school award based on need, merit, or both? Anyone know?

Does this school award based on need, merit, or both? Anyone know?
Both! I emailed the financial aid office and they confirmed this. Also, if this is helpful, I asked the average need-based award and they said they have historically given ~$20,000 for people who qualify for FAP.

received an email of passed initial review back in nov... did not receive the interview consideration email this week though. would it be worth sending an update?

Does anyone know when we would hear about the financial aid (need based not merit)?? I think it depends on the time you submitted but I submitted early and haven’t heard yet

Has anyone received a II since they sent out that interview consideration email?

any idea how long between interview and decision?

EDIT: went back in the thread and guess i will expect by april 30

Last edited by a moderator:
Any admitted students know when we'll hear about financial aid packages?

Invited for a second interview, first one was early Jan. Is this standard protocol?

Reactions: 5 users
The full tuition scholarship I received says it's merit-based, so does anyone know if that means I can still receive need-based aid later? Or is it possible that they granted me the scholarship having already taken my financial background into account since I have FAP?

The full tuition scholarship I received says it's merit-based, so does anyone know if that means I can still receive need-based aid later? Or is it possible that they granted me the scholarship having already taken my financial background into account since I have FAP?
Don’t have an answer for you but when did you get the offer?

I asked their financial aid office this and they said per their policy, the max they could offer was full tuition. So getting a full tuition merit-based scholarship means you can’t get additional need-based aid even if you qualify for it.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 2/17. Anyone have any idea how long after do people usually hear back?

pre-II R after sending an update last week. out of the races this cycle...see you next year

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
pre-II R after sending an update last week. out of the races this cycle...see you next year
Did you happen to receive the interview consideration email? I was wondering if that even meant anything.

Interviewed November 10th.... not a single communication since. Don't love feeling strung along for this long, anybody else in a similar boat?