2022-2023 Florida International (FIU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received recently! Any tips on how to prepare for the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How many people does FIU usually accept per class?

I will be withdrawing my A here. Happy I can give it to someone on the WL.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I could pay you for it! Man, five acceptances. You did something right.
Honestly I’m just as surprised by the results of the cycle as you are. My MCAT was good but not great. But I think my experiences showed my dedication and personal statement was incredibly well written and I prepped like hell for these interviews. But I didn’t get my first interviews invites until end of November, so it’s been a wild ride. It’s not over till it’s over. Keep your head up!

Honestly I’m just as surprised by the results of the cycle as you are. My MCAT was good but not great. But I think my experiences showed my dedication and personal statement was incredibly well written and I prepped like hell for these interviews. But I didn’t get my first interviews invites until end of November, so it’s been a wild ride. It’s not over till it’s over. Keep your head up!
Can you please share your MCAT y GPA please? Congrats!!!

Does anyone know if attendance at the virtual cafecito hour impacts the admission decision at all? Thanks!

Does anyone know if attendance at the virtual cafecito hour impacts the admission decision at all? Thanks!
Doesn’t affect anything at all. Just a chance for you to chat with students and learn about the school

Is the class full yet? I interviewed early this month and I'm waiting on a decision. Good luck to all those waiting.

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how full the class is by now?
Don't know how accurate these are but the GroupMe has 53 members and the FIU HWCOM CO2027 Facebook group has 128 members with at least 2 being admins. It's a big difference but take these with a grain of salt.

Don't know how accurate these are but the GroupMe has 53 members and the FIU HWCOM CO2027 Facebook group has 128 members with at least 2 being admins. It's a big difference but take these with a grain of salt.
Yes, I saw the discrepancy and wasn't quite sure. Thanks!

Some of the ppl there are older students but I'm not sure how many

Take a moment to relax and blow some steam off. Write down a plan and start working on it.
I know the feeling, it sucks, but you can't let it define you. Think about where it may have gone wrong and rectify it for the next app.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, it’s hard to accept a rejection from a goal that you were striving towards for so long, but one rejection or one bad cycle doesn’t define you. There’s always the next day to look forward to and I’m sure more opportunities will come your way!

We feel your pain. Did you apply to any DO schools?

There’s plenty of great advice and advisors on SDN. I would definitely look into them and get further information and suggestions as I personally can testify people like Goro and Faha legitimately saved me this cycle.

A member in need of self-care (and medical care) has had several posts in this thread deleted.
We take threats of self harm seriously and have made the necessary referrals.
He has asked us to close his account and we have done so.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
A member in need of self-care (and medical care) has had several posts in this thread deleted.
We take threats of self harm seriously and have made the necessary referrals.
He has asked us to close his account and we have done so.
Thank you so much, praying he gets better soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Has there been any WL movement? Does anyone know when we should be expecting some, via email? call? Good luck

If anyone was curious. According to admissions the class is currently full and there will not be acceptances until people withdraw. Probably after April 30th.

Just a heads up, FIU is implementing a new curriculum this coming fall, starting with the class of 2027.
Id advise those who initially were drawn into the school because of the curriculum to read and evaluate the new one so you're not caught by surprise.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a heads up, FIU is implementing a new curriculum this coming fall, starting with the class of 2027.
Id advise those who initially were drawn into the school because of the curriculum to read and evaluate the new one so you're not caught by surprise.

This sounds like a major improvement! Thanks for sharing.