2022-2023 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an II earlier today! Does anyone know what the schedule is for the interview day? I can't seem to find that information online.
It's in the portal. You'll either get Group A or Group B. Group A is 8:10 am -12:50 pm and Group B is 10:45 am-5pm

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think they’ve released Group assignments yet for A or B but hopefully everyone gets what they requested!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, I haven't received an email confirming interview group information from them yet.

Columbia is my top choice and I'm so nervous just thinking about this interview haha. Good luck to everyone:)

For those of you with upcoming interviews, have they confirmed whether you are Group A or B? I haven't received any communication from them after II invite.

For those of you with upcoming interviews, have they confirmed whether you are Group A or B? I haven't received any communication from them after II invite.

I haven’t gotten anything yet either, but they said an admissions team member will email your schedule the day before your interview!

II today, complete 8/15, URM, LM 82.

Glory to my main homie Jesus fr. Praying for successful cycles for all of us! We got this!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
regular MD interview session today; really small group (11 total for A & B).
amazing interviewers, you can tell they really read your app and got to know you on paper. definitely felt like a conversation and they focus almost entirely on you during the entire 30 min. won't know interviewers' name until 3 seconds before you meet them.
favorite interview to date!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
amazing interviewers, you can tell they really read your app and got to know you on paper. definitely felt like a conversation and they focus almost entirely on you during the entire 30 min. won't know interviewers' name until 3 seconds before you meet them.
Hm, odd. I got a schedule with A or B and with my interviewers' names three days before the interview. But agree, wonderful interview format and process! Really are just trying to encapsulate your experiences on the app to who you are as a person.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hm, odd. I got a schedule with A or B and with my interviewers' names three days before the interview. But agree, wonderful interview format and process! Really are just trying to encapsulate your experiences on the app to who you are as a person.
maybe today was a one-off! M2 and M1 hosting reception also said they knew ahead of time.

Interesting, just received my interview schedule and it also doesn’t list who my interviewers are so I guess I’m also going in blind :/

Interesting, just received my interview schedule and it also doesn’t list who my interviewers are so I guess I’m also going in blind :/
You got this!! Wonder if they changed it as we get deeper in the cycle bc too hard to definitively schedule around physicians’ schedules. My schedule changed times bc of this during the interview day.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who is interviewing tomorrow received their interview schedule yet? Lol

Interviewed and, as mentioned above, it was really chill and a pleasant experience! Really conversational, so the best advice I have for future interviewees is to get a good night's rest. Curious to hear if it's customary for the admissions coordinator to say "we hope to see you next fall"... the thought of waiting until March for non-rolling decisions is ghastly so my mind is probably grasping at straws lol

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
How often do they update interview slots? There is only one day available right now and it doesn't work for me.

Is this school subtly telling me that I don’t have a chance of acceptance by emailing me info about their masters program, because if they are, it kinda hurts

For those who've already interviewed, did anyone receive any further correspondence from P&S besides the interview survey?

Got a Bassett Interview today

Reactions: 6 users
That's nice, was it just a general acknowledgement from admissions or more specific from the dean/interviewers?

It was a general thank you acknowledgement like my interviewers enjoyed getting to know me and they appreciated my letter. They hype you up by saying they’ll keep you strongly in mind and it’s signed off by the dean

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
It was a general thank you acknowledgement like my interviewers enjoyed getting to know me and they appreciated my letter. They hype you up by saying they’ll keep you strongly in mind and it’s signed off by the dean
Same experience, they really do hype you up by saying they'll keep you very strongly in mind and I'm just like, "alright I believe you, just please don't break my heart come March" lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’m begging you Columbia (along with Northwestern, Harvard, etc.), please stop with the masters emails I’ve had like 6 mini-heart attacks in the last week

just interviewed. It was very conversational and they only asked a couple typical premed questions, everything else is unique to myself so they must have read my app thoroughly. Now just need to endure through five month of radio silence before hearing back. Plz take me Columbia.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
just interviewed. It was very conversational and they only asked a couple typical premed questions, everything else is unique to myself so they must have read my app thoroughly. Now just need to endure through five month of radio silence before hearing back. Plz take me Columbia.
it was a very chill interview. I felt like I was talking to my bff lol

Can’t even believe it- II on 10/17 LM 68 WARS 87 !! Honestly expected my stats to be too low to receive one w Columbia so shoot your shots y’all :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users