2022-2023 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@DrUranium, I just did a short paragraph. One sentence for the job name and hours and another for a description of the job.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the "Experiences" section referring to research experiences for MD/PhD applicants or is this a section every applicant has to complete?

Any MSTP applicants here looking at the 1000 word "PhD Goals" essay like ://///

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any MSTP applicants here looking at the 1000 word "PhD Goals" essay like ://///
Was 5k last year :)
Guess they got sick of people actually hitting the limit and having to read all that LOL. But for real, these massive essays with vague prompts have slowed my secondary output rate from 1/day to 1/week....I hate it here

Reactions: 1 users
I would like some advice about the essay prompt that states: "If you took time off from your undergraduate studies, please briefly summarize your reasons for doing so."

So I am a nontraditional student who worked for several years before going to a postbac to do my premed classes. The postbacc is still undergraduate classes, so I was wondering if I should explain the reasons why I was working between graduation and the postbac? This would be explaining why I chose to make a career change.

Or is this essay more intended for people who took gaps between their education while earning their bachelor's, and thus, I should not use this space to discuss my career change?

Last edited:
This my dream school. They gonna accept a 515 whether they want to or not!!!

Reactions: 16 users
Did you work for compensation during college, during the year, or the summer? If so, what did you do? How many hours a week did you work? (300 words)

Does this question exclude working positions that are related to medical school aspirations like research positions or internships? A lot of admissions sites seem to suggest that, but I don't necessarily see that in the question.

HOLY first II just now (MD only) - I was like "is this real?!" Complete 07/14

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
II OOS! Complete 7/10
URM, LM 77.8

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II OOS complete July 14th holy

Stats: 3.85 523

Last edited:
  • Love
II Complete 7/18 LM 81.7

Last edited:
Hey can the ones interviewing post their LizzyM/ORM status?

Thank you! Congrats :)

II just in!! Submitted on 7/11, so I thought I was passed over. Hang in there folks. Is this really happening??

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
lol this guy is a beast, look at his/her signature, well deserved II.
Thanks man. This process seems so random. I'm just really humble to have made it this far along with all you guys. Let's keep hoping those II flows along for us all...and then the illusive A. All we need is one, just one!!

Last edited:
Has anyone who received an interview been able to schedule a date? I went to schedule and it is all grayed out as far as options.

Has anyone who received an interview been able to schedule a date? I went to schedule and it is all grayed out as far as options.
I was able to, but there was only one date available. If more dates don't open up early next week, suggest reaching out to admissions. Good luck on your interview. It's not rolling, so timing of the interview should not really matter...all decisions come out in early March.

II received, 515 MCAT, cGPA 3.89, sGPA 3.91, complete 7/24

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
OOS II this morning, complete 7/20. Was not expecting this one!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone receive a response to their email about which interview schedule, A or B, that they preferred? I sent the email about a week and a half ago and never received a response from the admissions office. Just wondering if I should reach out to them or not.

II just now! First II of the cycle. completed 7.14 I saw the email and thought it was a scam coz it said sth like "invite you to learn more about our school" but then I saw the instruction to schedule an interview, then I literally cried while shopping grocery. . Crying at home right now. Just prayed to God about how desperate I am in the morning and He gave me peace that transcended all understanding. If I can get accepted, I will help out as much premed as possible through this brutal process and devote my life to the service of others. Don't lose hope! I am probably the most desperate person on this forum as you can see from my post history. It is still so early in the cycle and I know it will end up well for everyone :) We have worked hard to get what we are here today, so just trust in yourself that it will turn out well

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
should I schedule for the earliest date (late sept) possible or pick a later date (mid October) for more preparation?

should I schedule for the earliest date (late sept) possible or pick a later date (mid October) for more preparation?
First, so happy for you! Second, it's not rolling, so my take is there is no need to schedule first thing. I scheduled for mid-Oct as well just to give me some breathing room. You got this!!

II just now! First II of the cycle. completed 7.14 I saw the email and thought it was a scam coz it said sth like "invite you to learn more about our school" but then I saw the instruction to schedule an interview, then I literally cried while shopping grocery. . Crying at home right now. Just prayed to God about how desperate I am in the morning and He gave me peace that transcended all understanding. If I can get accepted, I will help out as much premed as possible through this brutal process and devote my life to the service of others. Don't lose hope! I am probably the most desperate person on this forum as you can see from my post history. It is still so early in the cycle and I know it will end up well for everyone :) We have worked hard to get what we are here today, so just trust in yourself that it will turn out well
WOW congrats, that's amazing. Really happy for you, you deserve it!

Omg I’m SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU POST THIS!! So so so well-deserved. Take some time to celebrate!! I think you will have many more IIs coming!! :)

Received an II earlier today! Does anyone know what the schedule is for the interview day? I can't seem to find that information online.

LETS GO DUDE! happy af for u!

Did anyone receive a response to their email about which interview schedule, A or B, that they preferred? I sent the email about a week and a half ago and never received a response from the admissions office. Just wondering if I should reach out to them or not.
I emailed them a few weeks ago (on the day I received the II ) and also did not receive a response

Is this your first?