2021-2022 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the YSM Financial Aid Application up?

Members don't see this ad.

It's been super quiet. I don't want them to be done, but they might be done? Any thoughts or inside scoops?
I interviewed back in January and one of the financial aid people said something about being done at the end of January

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the YSM Financial Aid Application up?
I interviewed back in January and one of the financial aid people said something about being done at the end of January
Just emailed. The form will be on the website in a couple of weeks, and it is due 2/26. The form should only take about 20 minutes to complete.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I really wanted Yale, but sometimes things just don't work out. I wish everyone well. :) <3

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
If they're really done with the IIs, why not just send Rs to people and put them out of their misery? So cruel!

Reactions: 6 users
If they're really done with the IIs, why not just send Rs to people and put them out of their misery? So cruel!
Based on the past threads it seems they send a wave of decisions (A, R, WL) to everyone on a single day

Anyone have info on when the financial aid application will be sent?

Reactions: 2 users
It should be available on the website by 2/15 according to the Fin aid office!
Do you guys think this might delay decisions? I was looking at last year's thread and it looked like decisions came out in the last week of Feb; given that they wanted to send out decisions together with financial aid, I wonder if decisions will be significantly later this year.

Do you guys think this might delay decisions? I was looking at last year's thread and it looked like decisions came out in the last week of Feb; given that they wanted to send out decisions together with financial aid, I wonder if decisions will be significantly later this year.
The `Financial_Aid_Summary.pdf` file emailed to interviewees mentions applying for financial aid by February 25 to get an award by Second Look. This seems to suggest they are not under pressure to release financial aid at the same time as admissions decisions, which are expected by March 15.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone have information on admissions decision dates from past cycles? last year was late Feb if I recall correctly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Who do we send it to or where do we upload 2020 federal income tax returns?

anyone have information on admissions decision dates from past cycles? last year was late Feb if I recall correctly?

nvm, did it myself for those curious:

-2017: Tues, 3/7 (~7:00 pm EST)
-2018: Mon, 3/5 (~2:15 pm EST)
-2019: Thurs, 2/28 (~4:30 pm EST)
-2020: Thurs, 2/27 (~4:10 pm EST)
-2021: Wed, 2/24 (~3:10 pm EST)

Reactions: 10 users

Hoping for next week. These long waits are killing me slowly.

• Care
For the financial aid application how do we log in to the portal? Should we be creating a new account or was log in information supposed to be sent

For the financial aid application how do we log in to the portal? Should we be creating a new account or was log in information supposed to be sent
create a new account - yes! It will ask you in the application to input your aamc ID.

lol why do we have to list career paths in the fin aid application?

just bumping this if anybody found an answer pls let us know!
I just left it blank. The financial aid office said they would get back to me if anything else was missing/needed and that hasn’t happened as of yet.

Do decisions usually come out before the priority deadline for financial aid? Just seems odd to pay $16 to send CSS profile when you don't know the outcome of your application yet

Do decisions usually come out before the priority deadline for financial aid? Just seems odd to pay $16 to send CSS profile when you don't know the outcome of your application yet
I mean, I saw on last year’s thread that the decisions did come out before the FA deadline. I just bit the bullet and paid the $16 because I didn’t want to take that chance. But it is pretty crappy to have us do this before a decision.

I mean, I saw on last year’s thread that the decisions did come out before the FA deadline. I just bit the bullet and paid the $16 because I didn’t want to take that chance. But it is pretty crappy to have us do this before a decision.
i felt like it was bad juju to fill it out before decisions, but I’m also completely off my rocker 🤪

based on past years, there’s a pretty good chance we have a decision before Friday…

I’m thinking Wednesday afternoon!! Good luck everyone :)
I wanna hear back but at the same time the idea of hearing back makes me sick to my stomach. What makes you think Wednesday?

I wanna hear back but at the same time the idea of hearing back makes me sick to my stomach. What makes you think Wednesday?

Bumping this post I made earlier. It was the last Wednesday in Feb last year.

Last edited:
Bumping this post I made earlier. It was last Wednesday in Feb last year.
Okay, but that's the only year in the past 5 that it was a Wednesday, and in only one year out of the past 5 did it fall on the same day of the week as the previous year. Why not the last Thursday in February, or the first Tuesday in March for that matter?

The truth is there is no pattern at all, with 4 of the 5 days of the week represented in the past 5 years, covering a 2 week period from 2/24 though 3/7. Based just on what you posted, it could literally be any day at all in the next 2 weeks or so, except it's a pretty safe bet that it won't be on a weekend.

add the stress of filling the financial aid forms with such a close deadline...Wishing everybody luck and peace of mind!

the FA deadline is not a strict one, I believe.. the email said, "We will accept applications after this date, but your award letter may be delayed."
(that being said, i paid the $16 too lol)

Wishing every good luck here! <3

For the financial aid app, where should we submit our certificate of information form?

Have people been getting confirmation once all of their financial aid documents have been received? Or just silence?

Have people been getting confirmation once all of their financial aid documents have been received? Or just silence?
I submitted mine the day it opened and still have not heard any confirmation

apparently they have a multiple day backlog of emails and they will respond once they process things and they need additional documents (per my phone call with the financial aid office)

apparently they have a multiple day backlog of emails and they will respond once they process things and they need additional documents (per my phone call with the financial aid office)
Of course they do….

Par for the course for a dumb system encouraging FA applications from many people they have probably already decided to reject lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
ugh where are these decisions :( I'm dreading it but at the same time wishing they would hurry up because the wait is baddddd

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
FWIW both last year and in 2020 decisions came out the day before the priority deadline for financial aid

Not financial aid responding to my document email and giving me a heart attack when I see the notification of an email from a Yale email address

Not financial aid responding to my document email and giving me a heart attack when I see the notification of an email from a Yale email address
Yo,
How did you send the document?
I submitted the form, but I didn't find a place where to send docs.
please help since we are approaching that deadline.
thanks

Would anyone mind forwarding me the finaid information? I am MSTP also hoping for MD consideration if rejected from the MD/PhD. They don’t send us these …

Would anyone mind forwarding me the finaid information? I am MSTP also hoping for MD consideration if rejected from the MD/PhD. They don’t send us these …
Subject: YSM Financial Aid Application is live
Date: February 17, 2022

Dear YSM interviewee,

Greetings from the Office of Financial Aid!

You are receiving this email because you interviewed at YSM. We're writing to let you know that our website has now been updated for the 22-23 academic year, and the 22-23 YSM Financial Aid Application and all forms are now available.

As a reminder, our priority deadline for all financial aid materials is February 25, which will allow us to get accepted applicants their award letter by Second Look Weekend (March 31 and April 1). We will accept applications after this date, but your award letter may be delayed.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
Office of Financial Aid
Yale School of Medicine
[email protected]
203-785-2645