2021-2022 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like the A isn’t coming for me- congrats to everyone who got one and good luck going forward!
seems like they made very few calls today so fingers crossed for tomorrow! hoping for an A too :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok guys I’m trying something new. I looked at the Satanic texts at my university’s library and there’s a spell which may result in an interview. Wish me luck! If you never hear from me again I have sold my soul to Bucky and am eternally in servitude to him 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
After stalking some old threads it looks like people definitely received decisions (including As) at different times despite interviewing on the same day. So I guess it’s not quite panic time yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Could anyone give some insight into the interview here? Open/closed file? Traditional questions or tricky ones? Relaxed or more intimidating? And any other tips are much appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users
Could anyone give some insight into the interview here? Open/closed file? Traditional questions or tricky ones? Relaxed or more intimidating? And any other tips are much appreciated!
Open file (my interviewer asked about something in my personal statement and seemed to know my app well) and extremely relaxed! Do not stress at all about this one. They truly just want to get to know you 🙂

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Open file (my interviewer asked about something in my personal statement and seemed to know my app well) and extremely relaxed! Do not stress at all about this one. They truly just want to get to know you 🙂
Can anyone else confirm this? Interview in early January and not sure whether I should be very stressed going into it or only a little stressed haha.

Can anyone else confirm this? Interview in early January and not sure whether I should be very stressed going into it or only a little stressed haha.
Open file - yes. My interviewer knew my app/"narrative" extremely well. A lot of the questions I was asked were built off of my experiences and the narrative I crafted. I wasn't extremely relaxed (I had to stop and think about a few of the questions) but it was definitely an overall good experience! There's also a group interview portion. Be prepared to be able to voice your answers while still making it a discussion with the other interviewees. Don't stress too much! They truly do just want to get to know you.

Anyone from the 10/20-10/22 interview group heard back yet? Anticipating bad news, since they said we'd hear back before Thanksgiving :(

Anyone from the 10/20-10/22 interview group heard back yet? Anticipating bad news, since they said we'd hear back before Thanksgiving :(
I interviewed the week after you and they told us to expect to hear back mid December, stating we were right at the cutoff where they didn't think they could review us all in time for the pre Thanksgiving decision date. Maybe they just pushed your week back into the next group with us.

I interviewed the week after you and they told us to expect to hear back mid December, stating we were right at the cutoff where they didn't think they could review us all in time for the pre Thanksgiving decision date. Maybe they just pushed your week back into the next group with us.
Thanks for the info! My anxiety has me assuming the worst haha

• Care
So I received an email from an advisor saying they looked over my app and I should consider submitting my secondary is this real or just a ploy to get my secondary coins?

Attachments

• 9983E291-B9F1-4E1D-842B-805442116680.jpeg
    9983E291-B9F1-4E1D-842B-805442116680.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 222
So I received an email from an advisor saying they looked over my app and I should consider submitting my secondary is this real or just a ploy to get my secondary coins?
Heads up this message is from *Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW, a private school) which is different from University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (UWSMPH, the public school). This forum is for UWSMPH. That said, it seems like a reminder to give them your secondary money mixed with a little encouragement. Best of luck to you.

What the other person said^ but for what it’s worth, I got this exact same email. I don’t plan on submitting a secondary. Lol

Heads up this message is from *Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW, a private school) which is different from University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (UWSMPH, the public school). This forum is for UWSMPH. That said, it seems like a reminder to give them your secondary money mixed with a little encouragement. Best of luck to you.
Oops that’s embarrassing thank you for responding !!!

• Care
My interview here is in a few weeks. I see there's a group interview portion with med students and other interviewees. Could anyone give some info as to what to expect? Will it be like MMI scenarios or just getting to know each other?

My interview here is in a few weeks. I see there's a group interview portion with med students and other interviewees. Could anyone give some info as to what to expect? Will it be like MMI scenarios or just getting to know each other?
It’s basically you and the other interviewees in your group discussing MMI style prompts. Try to relax, I was nervous about it but it wasn’t bad tbh. Just remember to be respectful of other people’s opinions and include other members in the conversation if possible.

It’s basically you and the other interviewees in your group discussing MMI style prompts. Try to relax, I was nervous about it but it wasn’t bad tbh. Just remember to be respectful of other people’s opinions and include other members in the conversation if possible.
I second this - two prompts for a group discussion. Don't be the person trying to override everyone else and don't be the person who allows everyone to talk over you and you'll be fine! Don't be afraid to say the discussion has come to a natural conclusion so you're not sitting there in awkward silence, and also take the opportunity to ask the student interviewers questions. They were fantastic and we had a really great, relaxed conversation and joked around a lot. It was a nice ending to the interview day, plus we got to know the other applicants as well

Anyone else not hear anything back after being complete mid August?

Still in disbelief that I got an interview. Trying to calm my nerves and telling myself the adcom saw something in me and not just cuz I am instate. Does anyone know the rejection rate after interviews. Also how do they communicate after the interview, phone calls or emails? Thanks for any info.

Reactions: 4 users
I am not a big fan of Wisco that they don't accept updates. I have a couple of major things that could definitely affect my chances of getting a II. It's okay though. Still holding out for the II as I am IS. Congrats to all that got a II.

Still in disbelief that I got an interview. Trying to calm my nerves and telling myself the adcom saw something in me and not just cuz I am instate. Does anyone know the rejection rate after interviews. Also how do they communicate after the interview, phone calls or emails? Thanks for any info.
2021 Med School Post-II Acceptances. Acceptances are done via phone call. Good luck!!!!

Just got what I assume is a Pre-II waitlist?

"Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. At this time, we are still in the process of determining which applicants we will invite for our remaining interview slots. A decision on whether we will have space to interview you may not be made until January."

In-state, non-trad. Have others got this, or is this like a "we aren't making any more interview decisions until the new year" type thing?
I just got the same thing. I checked the past threads and no one has ever posted that they have received this message. Fingers crossed we both end up getting interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. At this time, we are still in the process of determining which applicants we will invite for our remaining interview slots. A decision on whether we will have space to interview you may not be made until January."

In-state, non-trad. Have others got this, or is this like a "we aren't making any more interview decisions until the new year" type thing?
Also received this email a while ago and am wondering the same

Doesn't seem like they send this email to many applicants

+1, IS.