2021-2022 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from across the country get an II yet? I live in the Midwest and no ties lol
I'm from the Midwest as well! Was so shocked by the II but would love to explore a new state

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re about as far as it gets then lol. I guess I’ll just keep waiting patiently 🥲
Don’t lose hope! I’m a current student and I didn’t get an II until February. The cycle truly is bonkers long

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Have they sent out any interview invites this month? It seems like they have only sent out two rounds of interview, is that right?

Reactions: 1 users
Lol also anxiously waiting! I checked last year’s SDN thread and they didn’t start on the 15th sadly
Yeah but in 2019-2020 thread it was oct 15 lol. I didn’t check further back and idk how much covid has affected everything.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II! I was complete on 8/12/21

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
They said on interview day that they will start beginning of November for OOS, December for IS.
Huh they def told me mid October for OOS but I had an early interview date. Either they pushed it back or are staggering dates?

Huh they def told me mid October for OOS but I had an early interview date. Either they pushed it back or are staggering dates?
Could vary depending on when we interviewed? My interview was last week.

I interviewed early september and they told us late october to early november for OOS

Hi!

Just wanted to update. Received my II 10/15. Complete on 9/7. LizzyM is 66 and I'm an OOS applicant.

If anyone has good resources on MMIs, please let me know. Worried that this will be my only MD II because I consider myself low stats for my GPA.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi!

Just wanted to update. Received my II 10/15. Complete on 9/7. LizzyM is 66 and I'm an OOS applicant.

If anyone has good resources on MMIs, please let me know. Worried that this will be my only MD II because I consider myself low stats for my GPA.
Congrats!

I like the MMI: Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty book by Desai - it goes into detail as to what interviewers are looking for and gives detailed analysis of good responses. I practiced answering their prompts and then reviewing their answers to see if I missed any key points.

The BeMo MMI book also has a lot of example scenarios and walk-throughs of good vs bad responses.

I think for MMI, as long as you've practiced a few prompts and you understand the format, you'll be prepared! There's not much else you can do so, as cliche as it is, just try to relax and be yourself!

I love this school and have hyped it up to be my #1 since my interview................ lol

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
First news came out 10/26 last year. Hopefully we will begin hearing next week!

• Love
They said they put a lot of people on the waitlist at first to be conservative, and MSAR says 200 acceptances off the waitlist happened... so stay positive!

I interviewed 10/1 so I am assuming I won't be finding out until mid/late November ...

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
II just now! Completed 8/14, LM 73, OOS in NY without ties, 4Q casper if it matters. Scheduled for 12/7

• Love
Congrats to those of you that got interviews!

If this is following last year’s schedule, IIs will go out today and then the first round of decisions should be coming out on Monday!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II received just now! Feel free to PM if you have questions about stats/complete date!

• Love
They said they put a lot of people on the waitlist at first to be conservative, and MSAR says 200 acceptances off the waitlist happened... so stay positive!

I interviewed 10/1 so I am assuming I won't be finding out until mid/late November ...
Are you OOS or IS? I interviewed around the same time (10/5) and I’m OOS. So we won’t find out until mid/late Nov then?

Accepted via email to the Vermont campus just now!! Interviewed back in mid-August and OOS.

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
Also accepted this morning via email!! Interviewed mid-Sep OOS

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I am OOS and interviewed at the same time...is it a really bad sign if I got no email? :(
I feel you on this one. I interviewed 9/10 and haven't heard back and I am trying not to have it let me down too hard. This is my top school. We still have a chance just maybe at a different time! Good luck!!!

• Care
I feel you on this one. I interviewed 9/10 and haven't heard back and I am trying not to have it let me down too hard. This is my top school. We still have a chance just maybe at a different time! Good luck!!!
I'm with you too! I interviewed on 8/18 so this wait is killing me.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
wearing my warm socks from vermont today in a small attempt to summon an II from here

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users
I called admissions to ask when I could expect to hear back (interviewed in August), and they said within the next month.

• Love