2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted yesterday! First acceptance and incredibly grateful. :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just learned that ppl accepted prior to Nov 15 have until Dec 14 to put their deposit down, so I guess we'll be seeing waitlist movement really soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted back in October but I have decided my to decline my acceptance offer to UIWSOM to attend another program. Given that I am a Texas resident and UIWSOM is my only Texas acceptance offer/interview invitation, this was a very tough decision to make however I must go with the program that best fits my personality and needs. To those waitlisted or currently waiting on an II, I hope my seat goes to one of you and wish you the best of luck during the ongoing application cycle! :)

Reactions: 9 users
I was recently accepted and I'm super thrilled!!! :soexcited:

Is there a group for accepted students?

Received via email the 40K UIW Scholarship yesterday!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Thank you, yes I was shocked cause I thought most adcoms were closed! Complete 8/23, <500 MCAT, 3.5sgpa, 3.5 cumulative
Omg congrats, I am so happy for you!! Out of curiosity, were you on the pre-II “waitlist” at all? I received that email in Aug I believe so just wondering

Omg congrats, I am so happy for you!! Out of curiosity, were you on the pre-II “waitlist” at all? I received that email in Aug I believe so just wondering
Same I’m on the waitlist for interview and haven’t heard anything

Oddly enough no, I honestly thought I got a silent R

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning. OOS. 501 Mcat & 3.4 Cgpa, 3.6 Sgpa, 4.0 60 hr post bacc. Excited about this school. My grandparents lived in San Antonio when they were alive and I visited every year. 😊

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody from the pre-II waitlist that eventually interviewed actually get accepted?

Anybody from the pre-II waitlist that eventually interviewed actually get accepted?
Since they don’t use TMDSAS app system they can continue to interview and make offers after the TMDSAS match day in March.
TMDSAS schools can make offers from their WLs but can’t do new interviews after match day.

Interview waitlist earlier this morning, does anybody know if there is actually movement on this list or is this a soft R?
I’m also on pre II waitlist and have been since Nov. when asked, they told me they pull
People from that list to interview throughout the cycle until March-April

I’m also on pre II waitlist and have been since Nov. when asked, they told me they pull
People from that list to interview throughout the cycle until March-April
Right, I was just curious as to whether those from the pre-II list that eventually did interview are automatically placed on the WL after interviewing.

I if were to send grade updates to my schools, can I submit on AACOMAS now even though my official transcript is not available till Jan 4?
Yes you can, it just won’t be “verified” and recalculated into your GPA until your transcript is received but wouldn’t hurt to submit on AACOMAS now so it’s there

Received an II on 12/23! Submitted 8/15 and oos. However, I recently got accepted to my top DO school and I am extremely happy. I have decided to pass up the opportunity to interview here in hopes someone else who really wants to go here can have my seat to interview! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my acceptance from here. Hope it goes to one of you! Happy new year

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone!

I interview on 1/10 and have a few questions for those that have interviewed. I’m having trouble finding info. I know that the interview states it is MMI style and 2 hrs long, but is the whole thing truly MMI? Do they ask questions about “why med”, “tell me about yourself”, “tell me about __ experience” etc.

And is the whole 2 hr interview portion just straight MMI questions or is it broken up with breaks? Just kind of surprised I haven’t received further info yet. Any insight is truly appreciated! :)

Was recently accepted and I was wondering if there's an accepted students group :) thank you!

Hi everyone!

I interview on 1/10 and have a few questions for those that have interviewed. I’m having trouble finding info. I know that the interview states it is MMI style and 2 hrs long, but is the whole thing truly MMI? Do they ask questions about “why med”, “tell me about yourself”, “tell me about __ experience” etc.

And is the whole 2 hr interview portion just straight MMI questions or is it broken up with breaks? Just kind of surprised I haven’t received further info yet. Any insight is truly appreciated! :)
Someone described the day here: #133

Hi everyone!

The interview format/questions were definitely different from a traditional interview. You're put into a group with all students interviewing during that slot and an admissions leader. Every 10 minutes you're put into a breakout room with one interviewer, so one-on-one. Each interviewer only asks one question and you have that time to comment on it, then you switch interviewers. You get one 10 minute break during the entire interview. So yes- truly MMI! Definitely practice ethical questions because that is seriously the majority of the interview! They run through the process thoroughly beforehand so you feel prepared and understand how the interview works.
I was shocked there weren't many personal questions but I liked that you have plenty of time to get to know the admissions director and other students interviewing. Everyone was incredibly kind and welcoming. Hope this helps and good luck!

Was recently accepted and I was wondering if there's an accepted students group :) thank you!
There is a facebook group for accepted students. I think they will send out an invite to you soon via email soon!

Interview waitlist earlier this morning, does anybody know if there is actually movement on this list or is this a soft R?
a TON of my friends, myself included got off the waitlist last year! Make sure to show your interest

a TON of my friends, myself included got off the waitlist last year! Make sure to show your interest
How late in the cycle did you guys get an interview?

I am on the waitlist for acceptance. How did you show interest and when should I begin to make moves? Thank you so much! I was waitlisted on 12/20.

For students who already go here, are lectures recorded? Or do you need to go to class to get the material?

Hey! Does anyone know how many acceptances they have currently? or a ball park number?

Wondering if there will be more II?

I don't know if I missed it somewhere but how much time is each mmi station?

The class is probably full, which means recent interviewees are WL'ed for now and then pulled off the WL as already accepted students give up their seats
So question is, are they still sending interview invites??

interviewed 01/14 & now I'm nervous seeing all the WL decisions 😭

Did anyone get accepted? Lol Seems like a ton of waitlist results 🥲
interviewed 01/14 & now I'm nervous seeing all the WL decisions 😭
The class is almost assuredly full at this point. I got waitlisted as well and I interviewed on 1/7/22. No way this many people report a waitlisting with no one reporting an A, so we probably interviewed for waitlist positions. I read somewhere that they admitted about 450 people and matriculated about 160 last year but I can’t tell if that number includes waitlist or just people given acceptances meaning 300 people declined for other options. If it’s the latter then the WL (while not ideal) isn’t a terrible place to be.