2021-2022 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody’s letters downloaded much later after being sent from amcas. Does that mean our application is being reviewed.
I believe this corresponds to re-submitting your AMCAS application!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm now I'm also confused. I submitted on 7/6 and got the complete email at the exact same time, but under "Document Status," it now says the committee letter packet was "Received on: (7/18/2021 12:56:00 AM)"? I don't understand. I had the letter available since 6/29 and under "Status" (not "Document Status"), "Letters of Recommendation" on the checklist was checked off since the beginning before submitting.

Hmmm now I'm also confused. I submitted on 7/6 and got the complete email at the exact same time, but under "Document Status," it now says the committee letter packet was "Received on: (7/18/2021 12:56:00 AM)"? I don't understand. I had the letter available since 6/29 and under "Status" (not "Document Status"), "Letters of Recommendation" on the checklist was checked off since the beginning before submitting.
All these correspond to is the last time you re-submitted your AMCAS for any reason. A few schools have portals that update like this

Members don't see this ad :)
All these correspond to is the last time you re-submitted your AMCAS for any reason. A few schools have portals that update like this
Ohhhh now I understand, yeah, due to adding a school at the last minute

That makes sense! I didn’t resubmit it that day!
I'm not sure if this helps but my letters for Keck were complete before I submitted my secondary as well! My last letter (that was already designated to specific schools) was sent to AMCAS on 7/19. This letter wasn't designated to Keck but all of my previous letters now say "received on: 7/19 6:08 AM" - the exact time AMCAS received my LOR.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know is Keck student have mandatory lectures? like pre-covid, did students have to be present every day of the week?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm honestly shocked there's no II activity here yet... Does anyone know what's going on?

Members don't see this ad :)
My August 12th joke is starting to feel more and more real

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
My lord....it's people like you that are causing all the delays!!! :mad:(
The real culprit:
1627428453714.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
My friend spoke with someone from the admissions office who said no IIs have been sent yet

Reactions: 4 users
So July 12th was a lie, eh?
July 12th came from MSAR, no? MSAR is notorious for having incorrect information. Pretty sure some guy on reddit wasted $100 because MSAR said a certain school accepted international applicants but they didn't actually.

• Sad
July 12th came from MSAR, no? MSAR is notorious for having incorrect information. Pretty sure some guy on reddit wasted $100 because MSAR said a certain school accepted international applicants but they didn't actually.
Yeah, this is unfortunately common. I have found a lot of discrepancies between the types of letters MSAR says a school wants and the types the school's website says they want.

Is the "How does under-representation affect your community?" question also limited to 3-5 sentences? (Question only appears if you checked the under-represented box)

they're really out here playing with us. a month late and on a Saturday.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
II received 8/14, application complete 7/28!

Btw, anyone else with an II having trouble scheduling it in the portal? Something with the UI is not letting me select any day at all.

Does anyone know if Keck usually comes out in waves? Or is it usually a slow roll out (e.g. a handful every few days)?

• Hmm
Manifesting worked! II just now!! Complete early july, in-state, alum of California school

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
are these II rolling out real-time? or did they send it earlier and you guys are seeing it now LOL

• Haha
II, low stats/IS/URM!!