2021-2022 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist - interviewed November

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
CC-interviewed December. Does anyone know how many people get in off the waitlist?

• Care
Got the A!

Interviewed 9/21, put on 'continuing candidates list' on 11/23

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CC as well, late Nov interview. The fact that the email starts off with "We are pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine has..." just to go on to a WL is kinda clickbait

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
CC as well, late Nov interview. The fact that the email starts off with "We are pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine has..." just to go on to a WL is kinda clickbait
Right

Got waitlisted today :( I interviewed in January for St. Luke's, so I'm not surprised as the spots are very limited and I interviewed late in the cycle. (Surprised I got the results so quickly tho!)

Can someone explain how WL works? I heard that St. Luke's campus does frequently take a lot of people from WL. The email said that movement on the WL might start in March and go until the first day of classes. When do we have to make the final decision of what school we commit to? How does that work, if we only get the decision about the WL in the summer, for example? I got accepted to some other schools, so obviously committing to one of those is a safer bet than hoping I get off a WL, but I do really like Temple. Thanks in advance!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to everyone who got an A!! DM me if you want the link to join our groupme for the St. Luke's campus :)

Got waitlisted today :( I interviewed in January for St. Luke's, so I'm not surprised as the spots are very limited and I interviewed late in the cycle. (Surprised I got the results so quickly tho!)

Can someone explain how WL works? I heard that St. Luke's campus does frequently take a lot of people from WL. The email said that movement on the WL might start in March and go until the first day of classes. When do we have to make the final decision of what school we commit to? How does that work, if we only get the decision about the WL in the summer, for example? I got accepted to some other schools, so obviously committing to one of those is a safer bet than hoping I get off a WL, but I do really like Temple. Thanks in advance!
You have to make the final decision to commit by the date set by the school, and each school has its own date. Once you make that decision, you have to withdraw from all WLs, so, if you're holding out for Temple, you might want to pick the school with the latest CTE date in order to maximize your odds of being called.

If my status did not change does that mean that I will have to wait until March for my decision?
+1. When did you interview? mine was 1/13 and my status hasn't changed either. I saw a couple people who interviewed in January get results so I'm not sure if it's a timing thing or not.

Does anyone know if they have previously given out results over a couple of days or does this mean we have to wait until March?

You have to make the final decision to commit by the date set by the school, and each school has its own date. Once you make that decision, you have to withdraw from all WLs, so, if you're holding out for Temple, you might want to pick the school with the latest CTE date in order to maximize your odds of being called.
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!
My pleasure! TBH, I was all worked up when I first learned about what was a new system a few years ago, but it actually works pretty well for most people.

A few obnoxious schools game the system by establishing artificially early CTE dates to force you off WLs, but most don't. The vast majority of WL movement at the vast majority of schools occurs between mid April and late May, and the vast majority of schools don't have CTE dates until June or July.

So, yeah, a lot of people are ultimately forced to withdraw from WLs, but not before WL movement has pretty much ended pretty much everywhere. I'm sure everything is going to work out for you. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My pleasure! TBH, I was all worked up when I first learned about what was a new system a few years ago, but it actually works pretty well for most people.

A few obnoxious schools game the system by establishing artificially early CTE dates to force you off WLs, but most don't. The vast majority of WL movement at the vast majority of schools occurs between mid April and late May, and the vast majority of schools don't have CTE dates until June or July.

So, yeah, a lot of people are ultimately forced to withdraw from WLs, but not before WL movement has pretty much ended pretty much everywhere. I'm sure everything is going to work out for you. Good luck! :)
Thanks for explaining it. I was so confused before, but that makes a lot of sense. That makes me feel better!! ty ty

A! thankful :) does anyone know any information about Lews Katz's second look day or aware of any facebook group or groupme that's been created for accepted students to the philly campus?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
WOW. I am so dumb. I was checking my portals this morning and saw an "action is required" notification when I logged in to Temple's. Turns out I forgot to include them on my Casper score release. :slap: Well...you're welcome, Temple for the $90 donation. Let this be a warning for future applicants! Check your portals to make sure everything has been received.

• Care
What are the chances of still getting an interview? I've been complete since mid-August

What are the chances of still getting an interview? I've been complete since mid-August
I completed my application in early August and didn't have my interview until December. It's never over until you get the R!!

Also got an II about a week or two ago. Complete late august/early sept (before labor day)

• Love
Also got an II about a week or two ago. Complete late august/early sept (before labor day)
would love to know your stats, etc if you're willing to share! I submitted around the same time and sent updates in December but still waiting in silence

A! thankful :) does anyone know any information about Lews Katz's second look day or aware of any facebook group or groupme that's been created for accepted students to the philly campus?
Just made a groupme for philly campus! DM me to join

Reactions: 3 users
would love to know your stats, etc if you're willing to share! I submitted around the same time and sent updates in December but still waiting in silence
Yeah np!
MCAT 517, GPA 3.8x, ORM, in state, sort of non-trad (UG ‘19 G’20)
I did not send an update

Hiii for those that have interviewed did you receive an email or a call notifying you

anything lately anyone? feeling like IIs are running out, if anyone whos gotten one recently can provide insight on how many interview dates they had left plz let us know!

For those waitlisted, when is the best time to send a letter of interest/intent? I see on the website it says starting in April, but I wonder if it is better to send it out earlier. Thanks!

Does temple use silent Rs, complete late July/early august sent update around New Years, radio silence

Does temple use silent Rs, complete late July/early august sent update around New Years, radio silence
From last year's thread it looks like Temple sent most Rs end of March shortly after last interview invites were sent out.

Available dates to interview are March 1 and 2! Got an II email today

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Anyone hear if St. Luke's med school is going to be doing a second look day any time soon?

Thanks!

Does anyone have any idea when the second look for the Philly campus is or when financial aid info will be out?

Anyone know the average response time after an interview? I interviewed 2/1

Anyone know the average response time after an interview? I interviewed 2/1
Temple doesn't release decisions that often. They do three big batches the whole cycle. I think the next one is in April (according to their website).

Does anyone have any idea when the second look for the Philly campus is or when financial aid info will be out?

The website says financial aid should be released beginning in March. I assume if you did your FAFSA before March 1, we should start hearing sometime after their spring break.

Reactions: 2 users
Temple doesn't release decisions that often. They do three big batches the whole cycle. I think the next one is in April (according to their website).
does this apply to St Lukes as well

I was told in my interview that if my interviewers get their evaluations in quickly enough I would likely hear in March, but if they are slow to get it in I will hear in April. I interview 2/9 for reference.

I was told in my interview that if my interviewers get their evaluations in quickly enough I would likely hear in March, but if they are slow to get it in I will hear in April. I interview 2/9 for reference.
I interviewed 11/9 and they told me if my interviewers got my evaluations in by that Friday, I would hear back in the november batch. I found out on 11/23 so it’s definitely possible!

II received very early this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
II received now! In shock lol. Complete early August. OOS

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users