2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also got the "Decision Made" Notice and I also think its an R lol

Members don't see this ad.

also looking back at old threads it seems that decision made is definitely an R. :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just checked the portal and instead of the status being re-review after Dec. 1st, it now says "Decision Made". Pretty sure it's an R
+1. I've been on hold for re-review since 9/30 and today it says "decision made". I haven't received any emails though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, my portal showed “decision made” for me and a day later my acceptance letter arrived. 🙂

Reactions: 1 user
True, I think the difference is that for some of us we went straight from pre II hold to decision made. Without the interview it’s almost certain that the decision is a rejection unfortunately. Congrats on your acceptance though!!! :)

Interviewed 10/27 and just got accepted!! I am so happy my first MD acceptance😭😭😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Also interview 10/27, accepted!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I checked my portal as well and it went from "ready for committee on December 2" to "decision made". im trying not to lose hope so I am wondering if you got an interview what did your portal status say? SOS im freaking out

Yup I for that too :( I think it’s an R
Hey! I checked my portal as well and it went from "ready for committee on December 2" to "decision made". im trying not to lose hope so I am wondering if you got an interview what did your portal status say? SOS im freaking out

Does anybody know if application updates are limited for Upstate? Or can I send as many updates as I need to?

Members don't see this ad :)
A on portal 12/6; interviewed 10/18

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Status message has disappeared from portal... Expecting decision post-I soon

Does anybody know if application updates are limited for Upstate? Or can I send as many updates as I need to?
Not sure if it differs based on which stage of the app cycle you're in, but my "Hold" email said I can upload "one brief update"

Finally got the rejection after having the "Decision Made" status

• Care
Do you happen to know when your status changed? And were you ever on hold?
Yeah I think it changed from "hold for re-review after Dec 1st" to "Decision Made" like two days ago

• Care
Rejected yesterday. Saw the status changed to "Decision Made" a few days ago. Good Luck everyone still in the running!

• Care
Is there any way we can review our secondary after it's submitted? I'm looking for it in the portal but can't find it.

For those who are interviewing or interviewed and attend the other events outside of the interview day like the diversity chat and the coffee chats, what did you wear? Should I put on my suit for these events over zoom too? Or was it more casual?

For those who are interviewing or interviewed and attend the other events outside of the interview day like the diversity chat and the coffee chats, what did you wear? Should I put on my suit for these events over zoom too? Or was it more casual?
I attended both the meet & greet as well as the info session for the Rural Scholars program and both were pretty informal. From my understanding you weren't being actively evaluated so I don't think it really matters what you wear. I think as long as you don't look like a complete slob, to the point where someone would take note, that you'd be fine.
On a side note though, wearing a suit/business attire during the actual interview is definitely a good idea. On the rural scholars session there was an interviewer (albeit for the MD/MPH program) who had just finished interviewing one of the people on the call, and he said he got 'bonus points' for wearing a suit and tie.

I attended both the meet & greet as well as the info session for the Rural Scholars program and both were pretty informal. From my understanding you weren't being actively evaluated so I don't think it really matters what you wear. I think as long as you don't look like a complete slob, to the point where someone would take note, that you'd be fine.
On a side note though, wearing a suit/business attire during the actual interview is definitely a good idea. On the rural scholars session there was an interviewer (albeit for the MD/MPH program) who had just finished interviewing one of the people on the call, and he said he got 'bonus points' for wearing a suit and tie.
For the non interview events what did other people wear? If I wore a suit would I stand out badly?

For the non interview events what did other people wear? If I wore a suit would I stand out badly?
No not at all, if anything they might notice it as a positive. Most people just wore everyday clothes, at most a button down for guys and a blouse for girls.

Got the 'placed on hold' email yesterday—email says my app will be re-reviewed in February (though the application portal says "Hold: Re-review after Dec 1st" like many others who've posted above)

• Care
Interviewed 10/27 and got an email 12/16 stating I was put on the HPA list.

• Care
On the portal says decision made, but can't see the decision! I've emailed admin a few times but they haven't replied :(

On the portal says decision made, but can't see the decision! I've emailed admin a few times but they haven't replied :(
Based on past posts on this thread you have to wait a few days before they email you the decision.

Also, when were you complete?

Based on past posts on this thread you have to wait a few days before they email you the decision.

Also, when were you complete?
I see, thanks!

Complete in August, interviewed mid-October.

I see, thanks!

Complete in August, interviewed mid-October.
Ah my bad, I'm not sure if that still holds for people who interviewed already. My guess is that it does, but I was talking about those who have decision made on their portal pre-II.

Best of luck!!

How long do you usually have to wait after the portal says "decision made"? I mean for interviewed applicants. Do they send you an email or do you need to keep checking the portal?

what does HPA mean?
HPA is their High Priority Alternate list. They also have a "Hold By Committee Alternate" list that rarely, if ever, moves. Theres some movement on the HPA list though. Both of these are post-interview. I've been on both now lol

Has anyone else's application status disappeared? Last time this happened, they put me on hold until Dec 1st.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else's application status disappeared? Last time this happened, they put me on hold until Dec 1st.
mine as well, was previously on hold for re-review until dec 1st

Reactions: 3 users