2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed the same day and it says the same for me.
The waiting is killing me. I dreamt that I received the decision but couldnt open the email 🙃🙃
Yeah they told us between the 10th and the 17th, but I expected some delay. If we don't hear back this week, it's doubtful we will hear before December because most adcoms have a bit of a break for thanksgiving I would imagine. Just gotta stay patient, I think there are still some 9/29 interviewers that haven't heard back yet either.

Members don't see this ad.

Just saw my acceptance letter on the portal yesterday! Email was sent to me today! Interviewed 9/29, IS

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any october interviewer's portals any different?

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how we can view our secondary application? Not the status, but the secondary essays we submitted?

Does anyone know how we can view our secondary application? Not the status, but the secondary essays we submitted?
I couldn't find mine as the application disappears after you submit! I would look through your secondary essay documents if you saved them!

Hey congrats again! I just wanted to ask how you got an II after being placed on hold if in the email they said they dont' review apps until after december 1st? Either way, congrats!
I am really curious to this!

omg portal just updated to an A!!!!! I'm so excited! Interviewed 9/29 :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am really curious to this!
Hey congrats again! I just wanted to ask how you got an II after being placed on hold if in the email they said they dont' review apps until after december 1st? Either way, congrats!
Sorry for the delay! I am not sure what prompted them to pull me off of the Post-Dec 1 hold. I hadn't reached out to them at all after receiving my hold - they moved me all on their own!

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry for the delay! I am not sure what prompted them to pull me off of the Post-Dec 1 hold. I hadn't reached out to them at all after receiving my hold - they moved me all on their own!
They did the same with me but I sent an updaye

II received 11/18
complete 8/27
LM 73.6 IS ORM reapplicant!
update letter sent about a month ago

Six weeks today since my 10/13 interview, and all I've heard is silence. RIP my thanksgivings

Reactions: 5 users
10/13 Interviewer, Portal just updated to Decision Made

Reactions: 1 users
10/18 interviewer. Do we get an email when there is an update/decision made, or do we have to just keep checking the portal? Hoping to hear back this week. Sending my best wishes to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
10/18 interviewer. Do we get an email when there is an update/decision made, or do we have to just keep checking the portal? Hoping to hear back this week. Sending my best wishes to everyone!
Best wishes to you too! Interviewed on 10/20 for MD-PhD and they said that we'll probably hear during the first week of December!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Was this on the portal or an email? If it was the portal, where does it show up? Thanks!
It shows in red letters right below the term. I called yesterday and they said that it takes them a while to update it for everyone and to wait until the end of the week.

10/13 interview accepted on the portal this morning!!!!! No email

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Any 10/13's not hear back yet? Praying for some good news today.

To all my fellow on hold peeps, I hope we get interview invites soon now that its's Dec 1st! :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
If there are any current students watching the thread, I have a question about the on-campus housing option. On the website, it lists these as the options with their associated cost:

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.15.43 AM.png

The only problem is, I don't know if these rates are per person or spread out among the inhabitants. For ex: is the 4 bed $5200 per person per semester, or is it $5200 per room per semester? The first distribution seems fairly on point with their COL calculations but the second option is way better and, to me, the way the info is presented makes it seem like the listed price is the total for the apartment, not the per-person cost.

(also, do you like living in geneva and why plz and ty)

If there are any current students watching the thread, I have a question about the on-campus housing option. On the website, it lists these as the options with their associated cost:

View attachment 346347

The only problem is, I don't know if these rates are per person or spread out among the inhabitants. For ex: is the 4 bed $5200 per person per semester, or is it $5200 per room per semester? The first distribution seems fairly on point with their COL calculations but the second option is way better and, to me, the way the info is presented makes it seem like the listed price is the total for the apartment, not the per-person cost.

(also, do you like living in geneva and why plz and ty)
It is very obviously per person, or, more accurately, per bedroom. A 2 bedroom or 4 bedroom apartment would never cost less than a one bedroom unit! :) Not sure why the 4 bedroom costs more than the 2 bedroom. Probably because it will have larger common areas and/or maybe extra bathrooms.

But, yeah, there is no way you could get a 2 or 4 bedroom apartment, all to yourself, for less than an apartment with a single bedroom, and then bring the cost down to next to nothing with roommates! There is really nothing at all confusing about this. The prices they are quoting are the prices you will pay. In a one bedroom, you will be by yourself. That's why it's the most expensive. You'll have one roommate in the 2 bedroom, and 3 roommates in the 4 bedroom. You will all be billed separately by the university, and will only be responsible for your charges.

I'm not a student at SUNY, but this is exactly the way it worked with on campus housing at my UG.

Last edited:
Status changed to decision made... Interviewed 10/18...

Was put on the high priority alternate list today

Interviewed 10/13, just placed as a High Priority Alternate, see y'all in March or whatever

Reactions: 1 users
DId people email an update letter? There isn't a portal section, right?

DId people email an update letter? There isn't a portal section, right?
I was able to upload to the portal... in the "processed application" section there should be a tab that says "upload application updates"

It is very obviously per person, or, more accurately, per bedroom. A 2 bedroom or 4 bedroom apartment would never cost less than a one bedroom unit! :) Not sure why the 4 bedroom costs more than the 2 bedroom. Probably because it will have larger common areas and/or maybe extra bathrooms.

But, yeah, there is no way you could get a 2 or 4 bedroom apartment, all to yourself, for less than an apartment with a single bedroom, and then bring the cost down to next to nothing with roommates! There is really nothing at all confusing about this. The prices they are quoting are the prices you will pay. In a one bedroom, you will be by yourself. That's why it's the most expensive. You'll have one roommate in the 2 bedroom, and 3 roommates in the 4 bedroom. You will all be billed separately by the university, and will only be responsible for your charges.

I'm not a student at SUNY, but this is exactly the way it worked with on campus housing at my UG.

You probably shouldn't have responded considering I was asking current students for their input. That alone isn't a huge deal. You definitely shouldn't have responded with language like "it's very obviously..." and "There is really nothing at all confusing about this"; a bit condescending coming from someone who doesn't know the answer any more than me, in my opintion.

For all I know, the university could really care about the financial health of their students and therefore offer very cheap housing. Is it a long shot that a 4 BR suite would be ~$300/person per month? Ya, absolutely, that would be INSANE. Am I holding out hope that it is a possibility? You betcha! Plan for the pessimistic outcome but root for the optimistic outcome.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Yesterday, December 2nd, I received an email stating my app was put on hold. My portals status says hold for re-review after December 1st. I'm feeling this is a soft R at this point.

Yesterday, December 2nd, I received an email stating my app was put on hold. My portals status says hold for re-review after December 1st. I'm feeling this is a soft R at this point.
I dont think so, I got off hold a couple weeks ago

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I dont think so, I got off hold a couple weeks ago
I hope so... I was just thinking that it's relatively "late" in the cycle for them to re-review the app and then give me an II. And I can only imagine how far out the interview dates would be by that point.

Just checked the portal and instead of the status being re-review after Dec. 1st, it now says "Decision Made". Pretty sure it's an R

What makes you say that?
UNC Chapel Hill also said decision made in the portal a few days before they sent me my R, and I haven't interviewed at either school, but I reaaaalllyyyy hope I'm wrong about this

UNC Chapel Hill also said decision made in the portal a few days before they sent me my R, and I haven't interviewed at either school, but I reaaaalllyyyy hope I'm wrong about this
Fingers crossed!