2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just checked my portal and it says it's on hold for re-review after December 1st..is this basically a soft R? i'm IS so this was one of my top schools
Hey, i'm sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

just checked my portal and it says it's on hold for re-review after December 1st..is this basically a soft R? i'm IS so this was one of my top schools
Is this shown in the "Application status" box of the application summary?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received. Complete 7/23. Do you know if Upstate is rolling admissions? Debating what date to choose. I want to get some practice in but want to be early.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied last year and never got off the hold.
Some people did though.
There is still hope.

Does anyone know where on the portal this information is displayed? I'm assuming that it's in the application summary when you click on your processed application but I'm not certain. Thanks.

Does anyone know where on the portal this information is displayed? I'm assuming that it's in the application summary when you click on your processed application but I'm not certain. Thanks.
Hey, it's under the "Application Status" section when you click on your application.
Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.48.33 AM.png

Thank you. I hope that they show you some love in December :)

• Care
I'm in the same boat. Perhaps they'd like to see how our upcoming semester's grades are. Did you have a weak MCAT or weak last semester?

If my application status on the portal says "Decision Made" and I didn't get an interview yet, does that pretty much mean an R at this point? lol I dont know when the status changed either

Members don't see this ad :)
If my application status on the portal says "Decision Made" and I didn't get an interview yet, does that pretty much mean an R at this point? lol I dont know when the status changed either
Does it say anything after decision made? That’s so confusing wth

Nope! it literally just says "Decision Made" no other information provided and i received no other emails from them lmfao

I have no idea when it was updated and i've searched past threads and didnt see anyone else having this status.... so annoying

I'm in the same boat. Perhaps they'd like to see how our upcoming semester's grades are. Did you have a weak MCAT or weak last semester?
i got a 51x, no particularly weak subsections, and my last two semesters of college were 4.0s. maybe my rural medicine/primary care reasons in my essays weren't strong enough idk

Anyone experience delays receiving secondary for upstate? I added this school on August 2nd and haven't received anything from them.
Thanks in advance!

Anyone experience delays receiving secondary for upstate? I added this school on August 2nd and haven't received anything from them.
Thanks in advance!
It appears they take some time. I was verified / submitted to them July 2 and didn’t get the secondary till July 14.

Hold for re-review December 1st status today, LM 71, 4th quartile Casper IS

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Yes I got mine on February 15.
Right, but I think the question was geared more to whether anyone had received a R this early in the cycle, because that would mean that the hold was not the worst possible outcome at this point. From my observation, a hold is not a great, but it's not a death sentence in August.

I don't think holds are to wait for summer or fall grades, or for anything else from the applicant. It just means they are putting you aside until they have a chance to look at ALL the secondaries that come in. At that point (post-12/1), they will see how many II slots they have remaining and make a final pass through all the holds.

I'd look at it like this -- it's not a R, but it's basically causing you to lose whatever advantage you had by being complete early, since your application is now being held until much later in the cycle, after EVERYONE has been reviewed once, at which time you are eligible to be selected for the slots that remain. FWIW, to me it doesn't look that different from being complete sometime in October or November. Just like the late completes, you'll be reviewed at the end for whatever IIs remain. Not great, but not the end of the world, and definitely not an auto-R.

Just got a hold for rereview and am heart broken, really thought I had a chance here, I am instate ties to upstate NY. I am naive but any chance this is a mistake lol. I assume not I am just upset.

• Care
Just got a hold for rereview and am heart broken, really thought I had a chance here, I am instate ties to upstate NY. I am naive but any chance this is a mistake lol. I assume not I am just upset.
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing when you were complete? Thanks :(

If this school is really your top choice, don’t lose hope and submit updates on your activities, actively showing you interest. Good luck!

Complete 7/17. I am freaking out I don't think I am going to get in anywhere.
Don't be scared. Like the other person said, continue to send updates throughout the year! A hold also doesn't mean a bad thing. I'll probably get it too since i'm complete only a few days after you lol

If this school is really your top choice, don’t lose hope and submit updates on your activities, actively showing you interest. Good luck!
Its not my top choice, but it is one of my state schools, so if I thought I was going to have a chance anywhere it would be here.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I did not get an email but just checked portal and said hold .... completed 8/13
I applied last year and got rejected mid December after the hold status so not too hopeful :(

• Sad
what does it mean on the website when it says application preference? under that for me it says not entered.

Have a Hold for Dec 1.

Instate, Good ECs, and LizzyM of 79. Complete 8/5
4th quartile Casper too if that means anything.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
:\ just checked my portal and under hold until dec. didnt get an email yet

• Care
Hold for re-review. Complete 07/19. ORM, Int, 73 LM, 4th quartile casper

Bit late to the game here... but right after submitting the secondary, I no longer see any record of it in my portal. How long does it take for the portal to be updated with "Secondary Complete"?? I only got a payment receipt and an "app received" email... paranoid me is worrying that all my secondary responses got somehow wiped out lmao