2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else's portal no longer show a section for LORs? Mine weren't submitted yet but I just got a complete email.

Is the supplemental application fee and supplemental application marked 'received' after a day or two? Submitted mine today and it doesn't show a date under those
Yep it should take a day or two!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to update your portal after you forward your FAP confirmation?

Not sure who else is having the same problem but I cannot get into the application checklist on the portal. It just takes me to a page and asks about which graduate program I am applying to (not even the MD program is listed). I called and they are trying to fix and it is an issue on their end. Thought I would inform other applicants :).

Not sure who else is having the same problem but I cannot get into the application checklist on the portal. It just takes me to a page and asks about which graduate program I am applying to (not even the MD program is listed). I called and they are trying to fix and it is an issue on their end. Thought I would inform other applicants :).
Same issue! Thanks for the update dood. Sucks to post a problem here and no one acknowledges it.

Same issue! Thanks for the update dood. Sucks to post a problem here and no one acknowledges it.
I am gonna call again on Monday because everything is in and I have no complete email. This it is now delayed 2 weeks because of them and it is actually a big deal for rolling admissions. Maybe complete but no email? not sure tho

Called again today, issue should be fixed today or tomorrow for those of us that cannot see our application status. Sorry I am annoying on this thread :/

• Love
God this portal actually sucks so much. Here I thought I didn't like the "cannot save gotta do it all in one go" style portals but this one is so so so much worse.

• Wow
I just got invited to interview for the early assurance program at SUNY. I wonder if anyone has any tips for the interview or anything I should bring up, or if anyone else got an interview. I was surprised mine is really soon and I thought they were doing interviews over September to March.

II today, early decision. 521 mcat cGPA 3.6 sGPA 3.85.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got invited to interview for the early assurance program at SUNY. I wonder if anyone has any tips for the interview or anything I should bring up, or if anyone else got an interview. I was surprised mine is really soon and I thought they were doing interviews over September to March.
This book is considered the definitive med school interview prep material. Good luck!

Still not have my letter received, how long does it take? amcas confirmed it 8/3

Thank you! IS, 516, URM no EDP
hey were you able to select an interview date? I wasn't able to on my end, just curious if other interviewees are having the same issue or if I should contact the admissions office

II! IS, complete 7/21.

Reactions: 2 users
Called again today, issue should be fixed today or tomorrow for those of us that cannot see our application status. Sorry I am annoying on this thread :/
Did anyone portal that was not working get fixed. Mine is still not showing anything and I received an email saying I am still incomplete when on the phone they said I was. Am I the only one with this issue?

• Hmm
Did anyone portal that was not working get fixed. Mine is still not showing anything and I received an email saying I am still incomplete when on the phone they said I was. Am I the only one with this issue?
I was marked complete on 08/04, I had some issues with my LoR and Casper being received but I contacted them via email and it was hashed out.

Contact them again! Supposedly they are considering portal delays when they review apps.

Did you guys get emails stating that the application is complete and ready for review?

Received a II!! Complete 7/23
Omg congrats! I received an II as well and I just wanted to know if you got a confirmation email with a Zoom link after choosing your interview date? I signed up, but haven't gotten a confirmation.

Did anyone else just get placed on interview hold?

How do we check on the portal?

didn’t see anywhere to check status

Last edited:
How do we check on the portal?

didn’t see anywhere to check status
Go to the login page they gave you in the email, log in, click on "Fall 2022" under "processed applications". This will bring you to a screen that shows your application status.

Go to the login page they gave you in the email, log in, click on "Fall 2022" under "processed applications". This will bring you to a screen that shows your application status.
yeh nothing on my end yet. I'm waiting for that hold tho lol

What does it mean if it’s on hold? Did anyone see rejection under status?
It means they did an initial review of your app and decided to not extend you an II but not outright reject you, they do periodic re-reviews of people on hold and make decisions for them later on in late fall and winter.

It means they did an initial review of your app and decided to not extend you an II but not outright reject you, they do periodic re-reviews of people on hold and make decisions for them later on in late fall and winter.
I don't know how hard/soft Upstates hold is though. Some schools like GW put nearly everyone on hold right off the bat and then give IIs meanwhile for others a hold is a soft R, followed by a hard R towards the end of the cycle.

• Sad
Did anyone else submit the application, along with the payment, only to see that there is nothing under "Processed Applications?"

Is this just a delay with their system or did it bug out completely and delete my application?

Did anyone else submit the application, along with the payment, only to see that there is nothing under "Processed Applications?"

Is this just a delay with their system or did it bug out completely and delete my application?
Yes there actually is a delay. This happened to me so I actually tried making another secondary app but the portal said I already submitted one.

Just received my Casper results - scored in the bottom quartile. Does anyone know how badly this hurts my application? I'm pretty good everywhere else i.e. MCAT, GPA, ECs, and I have a published paper in Viruses from my undergraduate research. However, I am an international student. Pretty concerned, although trying not to be.

Just received my Casper results - scored in the bottom quartile. Does anyone know how badly this hurts my application? I'm pretty good everywhere else i.e. MCAT, GPA, ECs, and I have a published paper in Viruses from my undergraduate research. However, I am an international student. Pretty concerned, although trying not to be.
Don't be, because it is an opaque exam, you have no way to know what you did wrong (if anything) and there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix it.

The good news is that many schools don't use it at all, so you are fine there. Because the test is relatively new and unproven (at least in the US), we also don't know how the schools that do require it use it, so that's more good news. Like everything else, it's only one element of your application.

Unfortunately, for schools that want to use it as a screen, scoring in the bottom quartile isn't going to help you. Since you don't know how SUNY is going to use it, and since you can't retake it or anything, my advice is to try not to stress about things beyond your control. Good luck!

Don't be, because it is an opaque exam, you have no way to know what you did wrong (if anything) and there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix it.

The good news is that many schools don't use it at all, so you are fine there. Because the test is relatively new and unproven (at least in the US), we also don't know how the schools that do require it use it, so that's more good news. Like everything else, it's only one element of your application.

Unfortunately, for schools that want to use it as a screen, scoring in the bottom quartile isn't going to help you. Since you don't know how SUNY is going to use it, and since you can't retake it or anything, my advice is to try not to stress about things beyond your control. Good luck!
You’re absolutely right. It’s so easy to get discouraged with every hurdle, but trying to hold the faith. Thanks for your kind words!

This happened to me as a reapp. I called them and they had to fix it but took about a week.

Did anyone receive another secondary email? I completed it weeks ago and they sent me another one recently and I see a new application on the portal

just checked my portal and it says it's on hold for re-review after December 1st..is this basically a soft R? i'm IS so this was one of my top schools

Last edited: