2021-2022 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any more September interviewee get calls yet?
It's literally been dead silent on my end. Starting to get really nervous about it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else do a 2nd interview? Had my 1st interview in October, had a 2nd this month.
Did they happen to indicate why they asked you to have a 2nd interview? I think it is pretty rare. Maybe one of your interviewers was on the fence and they wanted another opinion?

Didn't get a response to my last post, but should hybrid update letters/letter of continued interest be submitted through the portal or can they be emailed to the office of admissions or both?

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't get a response to my last post, but should hybrid update letters/letter of continued interest be submitted through the portal or can they be emailed to the office of admissions or both?
Sorry, I'm really not sure!

I know RWJ accepts of its class by December and half in March. So are all interview invites for now already sent out?

anyone have any interview tips? mine is next week, thank you in advance!
It was very casual and conversational for my faculty interview, although I think this will largely depend on who you interview with. I would just relax and be yourself and know your application really well since it is open-file.

It was very casual and conversational for my faculty interview, although I think this will largely depend on who you interview with. I would just relax and be yourself and know your application really well since it is open-file.
awesome thank you so much!!

Are the Meet the Deans and Medical Student Information Sessions evaluative in any way or are they really just information sessions?

Are the Meet the Deans and Medical Student Information Sessions evaluative in any way or are they really just information sessions?

Definitely informational and fairly laid back. They even say during their presentation that you aren’t evaluated during that session

Got an II today. I'm OOS but very strong ties. I was complete essentially the first day.

So have any interviewees gotten calls or other updates lately?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else apply in June and not hear back (IS: LM: 70)

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't heard back yet and it's one of my top schools :( OOS with strong ties, complete end of july

They are running super slow! Like they haven't even given out decisions for people who have been interviewed in mid-late September. I would not worry about not hearing back just yet. I think they are trying to review interviewed people first before they get back to giving more IIs.

Anyone else apply in June and not hear back (IS: LM: 70)
I PROMISE you that you are not alone. I'm not sure whether or not this should make you feel better, since it does not change your situation, but it is the truth.

I am currently being ghosted by the vast majority of my schools. Your anxiety is understandable, because every day that goes by makes it just a little less likely that your application has not been reviewed. I get it, and feel exactly the same way.

Personally, every time I see someone post an II from a school I am still waiting to hear from, I am both a little happy that they are still sending IIs AND sad that I have not yet received one. Other than sending updates, which schools might or might not care about, there really is nothing else to do.

If a school hasn't yet sent out any pre-II Rs, you could be on a silent H or R, or not yet reviewed. If a school has sent Rs and you haven't received one, that's actually good, even though it doesn't guarantee an II, because at least you know it's not a silent R. Now is around the time schools will start going back to people who have been on silent (or not so silent) Hs as they start to fill out the remainder of their interview schedules. This process will continue until they are done, which could be as late as February or March at some schools.

Not receiving any, or as many IIs as you were hoping for, totally sucks, and stressing about it is natural, but not productive. Thinking about things you could improve for a possible reapplication is.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
They are running super slow! Like they haven't even given out decisions for people who have been interviewed in mid-late September. I would not worry about not hearing back just yet. I think they are trying to review interviewed people first before they get back to giving more IIs.
Do we know for sure that applicants who interviewed in mid-late September haven't heard back yet? Is it possible that people just aren't updating SDN? Also, does NJMS only give out acceptances on a rolling basis or would we find out about rejections and waitlists too?

Do we know for sure that applicants who interviewed in mid-late September haven't heard back yet? Is it possible that people just aren't updating SDN? Also, does NJMS only give out acceptances on a rolling basis or would we find out about rejections and waitlists too?
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering too! It's starting to seem really late for us in September since other interviewees already got the call, but I guess we're still in the running until we get an update that states otherwise.

Yes you can combine the two together! They said you can upload it to the portal and inform the admission office that you’ve added a new document via email.

• Care
II today! Complete in July, OOS with ties to NJ. Interview slots open throughout December.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else received an MCAT score of 508 and applied/received II/been accepted to this school? Is it too low?

II! IS, Complete late July, Lizzy M 68, 4th quartile CASPER, ORM. Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance call about half an hour ago!
I interviewed 9/27! Keep the faith ppl. Your call is coming <3

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
A recenltly, interview october

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
This is my first cycle so I honestly have no idea. What does it mean if someone who interviewed after you has been accepted but you still haven’t heard back?

This is my first cycle so I honestly have no idea. What does it mean if someone who interviewed after you has been accepted but you still haven’t heard back?
it means you haven't heard back yet. that's it

I wouldn't read into it. You have no idea what happens behind closed doors, and not hearing anything means there is still an opportunity to be accepted.

Interviewed 10/26, but have not heard back

Don't stress guys. I know it's easier said than done, but someone who interviewed on the same date as me updated SDN that they got an A call on 11/06. I didn't get mine until 11/29 but it came!

• Love
Has anyone who interviewed 9/30 heard back? It sounds like people who interviewed after me may be getting As.

• Sad
Has anyone who interviewed 9/30 heard back? It sounds like people who interviewed after me may be getting As.
I haven't heard yet. My interviewer said that they were running a bit slow this year, although he did say we should hear back mid-November. I'm okay with this - the way I look at it, I am still a candidate until I am explicitly told I am not.

Does anyone know when this school stops sending interview invites?

You should take a look at the the school's admission web site as well as prior years' SDN school specific threads, for each school where you have a similar question. Those are your best sources for information like this, unless the school has an adcom that posts on SDN that is willing to provide specific information for this cycle.

As you undoubtedly know by now, some schools send out pre-II Rs throughout the cycle (some have already begun and many more will begin in the next month or two), but many will totally ghost you until they are done interviewing, or even done seating a class. And a few will never get back to you at all.

The best way to know when a school stops sending IIs is to see if they disclose on their website, or to just look for yourself and see what people reported in past years. Just keep in mind that last year was all messed up due to the onset of COVID, so many schools were delayed in all aspects of their cycle in ways that were never seen before (very long delays in getting transcripts verified by AMCAS, on top of a huge surge in applications) and that were not repeated this year.

Interviewed in mid-September and haven't heard back!

Last reported Interview Invite on SDN for the 2020-2021 cycle was 04/13! However, quite a few people cited that admissions said they were running late, so I'm not sure if it'll be the same case this year.

Has anyone gotten waitlisted or is NJMS waiting to tell everyone at a later date?

Last edited:
Last reported Interview Invite on SDN for the 2020-2021 cycle was 04/13! However, quite a few people cited that admissions said they were running late, so I'm not sure if it'll be the same case this year.
+1 Interviewed last week and was told they were running 6 weeks behind.

Please educate yourself
I could say the same of you. Pretending as though admissions doesn't discriminate based on this factor is ignorance on your part.
Sorry in advance for minimodding

But there are ways to come to at least some semblance of an understanding and this isn't it. To quote @TheDataKing when he called me out for the same behavior one time, "build each other up." It's a stressful year but it doesn't need to end up in pettiness that's visible to lots of other anxious premeds.

I have noticed this more than once from you MT, that whenever someone hears good news with an LM generally below 70, you respond with "URM?" It comes off as pretty degrading at first glance, as if to say "I find it hard to believe you got an interview/acceptance with stats like that at this point in the application cycle so you must be pulling a race card, right?" I'd say that's why you get so many dislikes whenever you ask.

Not to mention, race is still a piece of identifying information. Of all the identifying info you see on SDN, race is also the most transferable to all other parts of life so it's no surprise people don't readily share that as much as they do LM or IS/OOS. Sure it's not a name or address, but I feel like it's not something you ask people for. If they want to say URM/ORM (and SES disadvantaged or not while on this subject), let people say it. Otherwise, just don't think about it too much.

I will say that on the admissions tracker spreadsheets, one can make knee-jerk associations between URM and higher number of IIs, but don't take that as doctrine either. The AAMC outright banning the practice of using race in their decisions is one thing, but MSAR racial profiles will show you why ORM is ORM in terms of the number of people who get accepted. I'd vouch to say wayyyyy less ORM people than there actually are in the applicant pool actually use the tracker, making it look extremely disproportionate.

Reactions: 7 users
I could say the same of you. Pretending as though admissions doesn't discriminate based on this factor is ignorance on your part.

Very well said from @Conics98
I shouldn’t have responded out of frustration, and I apologize if my response came off as petty when this can be an opportunity to have an educated conversation.

To avoid from de-railing this discussion, I’ll DM you to continue.

• Care