2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any updates after secondary payments for anyone yet?
I feel like its too early, since secondary portal info was just released.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I've noticed that anytime I check my materials in the portal, it says that my LORs were received today, yesterday it showed 8/31, etc. Anyone else getting this?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM follows AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines, so even if they interview and make you an offer now, you'll probably delay until Dec 15 to put in the $250 deposit. So, there's basically no incentive for them to hurry up the process and send you a II :)

Reactions: 1 user
I know some people who are in the master's program, and that is what adcoms told them.
This may be when master's students are designated to interview- not necessarily everyone else. However, if it's just a general date see my post about waiting 1000 years for our next update 🙃

Members don't see this ad :)
This may be when master's students are designated to interview- not necessarily everyone else. However, if it's just a general date see my post about waiting 1000 years for our next update 🙃
Correct. They typically wait until the masters students finish their first trimester so they can look at their first trimester GPA.

Separate Committees for all three schools which is why they encourage you to apply broadly. You can interview at one school and be accepted, interview at another and WL and never hear from the third.

So, just to be sure -- are we expected to write three separate essays or can parts of each be the same? Things that attracted me to the school -- like curriculum and such -- are the same throughout all of the campuses, but if all of the essays can be viewed then it obviously doesn't look good if they're all the same/similar with minor differences.

Does PCOM send an email after submitting secondary to let you know if you're complete? I only got verification of the payment.

Does PCOM send an email after submitting secondary to let you know if you're complete? I only got verification of the payment.
They have never sent complete emails in the past. Applicants check their portal to see what has updated. If a date populated next to required materials then you are complete. Things change every year but I have not heard that they changed this.

Hey everyone! I called yesterday and the admissions person said that it is taking a while to hear back because they are implementing a new system (the portal). She said that interviews should start later this month and if not, in October for sure. She also said that the portal should be getting updated soon to include a "status" section so we can know where we stand.

Reactions: 24 users
Hey everyone! I called yesterday and the admissions person said that it is taking a while to hear back because they are implementing a new system (the portal). She said that interviews should start later this month and if not, in October for sure. She also said that the portal should be getting updated soon to include a "status" section so we can know where we stand.
Thanks for letting us know!!

Just checking in :) Hope everyone is doing okay! Waiting is brutal.

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
PCOM South Georgia doesn't have its own secondary fee correct?
Here's how I understand it: to apply to PCOM-Phila and South Georgia, you pay one secondary fee that covers both. To apply to PCOM-Georgia, you pay one secondary fee. So if you applied to all 3 campuses, you pay 2 fees total. If you applied to just South Georgia, then you're only paying the fee for them/Phila.

I've noticed that anytime I check my materials in the portal, it says that my LORs were received today, yesterday it showed 8/31, etc. Anyone else getting this?
Same. I just checked the portal today and nearly had a heart attack seeing "LOR received 9/20/21". But then I figured that it appearing specifically as today's date couldn't have just been a coincidence and confirmed my suspicion about the glitch here on SDN 😮‍💨. though at this point with PCOM, if I were to have completed my application ~today~, it doesn't even seem like it would have made a difference either way with this waiting game 😂

Anyone else's MCAT scores still not deliver yet? I sent mine albeit late but 8/24 and nada

How long did it take to get the supplement app after submitted the primary. submitted late lol

How long did it take to get the supplement app after submitted the primary. submitted late lol
PCOM was having in issue with their application portal and did not send anyone a secondary until 8/24 I believe. No matter how early you sent in the primary. I don't know if your gonna have to wait as long as they seemed to have resolved the issue.

I submitted my primary after secondaries were first sent out and it took 2 days.
Ok great, that's good to know. My financial situation is really looking bad these past few months so I couldn't submit until yesterday : /

• Care
I reached out to them about this in an email and they said that it was a problem they know about. I think it is probably a glitch they're working on since they are updating the portal.

Ok great, that's good to know. My financial situation is really looking bad these past few months so I couldn't submit until yesterday : /
You can email the admission office and say you are having financial troubles and that you are really interested in the school. Sometimes they wave your fee!

You can email the admission office and say you are having financial troubles and that you are really interested in the school. Sometimes they wave your fee!
That's actually good to know. I did not know how AACOMAS worked with financial aid. AMCAS was super easy and clear and I received the FAP award. I'll definitely call PCOM and see if I can get the secondary fee waived once received :)

• Care
That's actually good to know. I did not know how AACOMAS worked with financial aid. AMCAS was super easy and clear and I received the FAP award. I'll definitely call PCOM and see if I can get the secondary fee waived once received :)
I qualified for the AMCAS FAP but not for AACOMAS and some DO schools honored my AMCAS FAP when I emailed them

Nope, radio silence 🤐
Though I heard they're going to start their interviews mid October now.
I actually spoke to admissions last week and they said they probably won't start sending invites until October and extending interviews out until May

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
I actually spoke to admissions last week and they said they probably won't start sending invites until October and extending interviews out until May

Attachments

• limmy.jpg
    limmy.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users