2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Following for more updates :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What am I missing... I thought the secondary was the supplemental application on AACOMAS.

Per their website:

Does PCOM’s DO program have secondary applications?​

There are no supplemental application requirements for 2022 admission. Rather, in the AACOMAS application, visit the Program Materials section of your PCOM application and respond to the questions posed on the Questions tab.
wow, pretty nice not to have an extra fee for a secondary application! Thank you for sharing this!

Reactions: 1 user
wow, pretty nice not to have an extra fee for a secondary application! Thank you for sharing this!
They're still going to do a processing fee whenever they send out that email.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys use the full 2000 character limit? I'm struggling to come up with 1000 to be honest.

Godly. I can only say so much about how I like their focus on rural medicine.
I talked about the location, commitment to rural medicine and why I care about that, their curriculum structure, research opportunities, and clubs I’d be interested in and why

Just called PCOM, they said they haven't been looking through primary applications yet or send out emails but they will start that "very soon". So for anyone worrying you aren't behind the ball.
has anyone heard any updates since??

Orientation will begin shortly. They just graduated their grad programs. DO is not the only program they have so when you call they could be speaking about other programs as well. They are not behind and typically they do not begin to download apps until August to allow ALL classes to be seated and be fully staffed after vacations. Also remember once they download and you pay the fee they then have to begin to process the app checking for LOR's and MCAT scores etc before you can be sent for review. It is a long process so don't expect to check your portal immediately after paying the fee and expect that everything will be marked received. This is a marathon and it all takes alot of time while they process not just DO but other programs as well.

So I emailed them yesterday and they are still finalizing their 2021 class and haven’t started reviewing 2022 apps. They said they would start over the next couple weeks and start sending out secondary fee emails
thanks for this, damn

Orientation will begin shortly. They just graduated their grad programs. DO is not the only program they have so when you call they could be speaking about other programs as well. They are not behind and typically they do not begin to download apps until August to allow ALL classes to be seated and be fully staffed after vacations. Also remember once they download and you pay the fee they then have to begin to process the app checking for LOR's and MCAT scores etc before you can be sent for review. It is a long process so don't expect to check your portal immediately after paying the fee and expect that everything will be marked received. This is a marathon and it all takes alot of time while they process not just DO but other programs as well.
None of us have been sent the secondary application fee which was originally dated to be sent in July not August. They were having issues with getting our applications from AACOMAS and setting up their secondary portal so we can pay the fee.
I'm sure that anyone who has contacted the school knows what they are talking about (which program they were referring to, what updates they received, etc.).
Considering that most other schools have sent out their secondary application/fees I would consider PCOM to be a little behind due to their, as mentioned previously, technical difficulties.

Reactions: 5 users
I talked about the location, commitment to rural medicine and why I care about that, their curriculum structure, research opportunities, and clubs I’d be interested in and why
I really appreciate the advice! I'm going to look more into their curriculum and clubs!

Members don't see this ad :)
If we don't get anything tomorrow I think I am going to call/email next week.

Reactions: 4 users
If we don't get anything tomorrow I think I am going to call/email next week.
to be fair, someone did say they were waiting for classes to be finalized or whatever, and their academic calendar shows the 16th as first day of the fall semester. maybe wait on it for another week.

Any updates yet? I still have not received a secondary fee email.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm dyin' over here, has anyone heard anything yet? I haven't received a secondary fee email or anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Just called them! They said that they are in the process of changing their database so that is why they are behind but that we should be hearing back in the next two weeks as I understand!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just called them! They said that they are in the process of changing their database so that is why they are behind but that we should be hearing back in the next two weeks as I understand!
Probably not getting any money from me.

So just to clarify with everyone, I have been verified but still need to pay the secondary fee which they are supposed to email me once my application is complete and then I can pay the fee and then they will start to review my app, but they haven't sent out any of these emails yet because they are redoing their system and fixing it?

Reactions: 6 users
Nothing so far. I saw on LinkedIn that their fall term officially started recently so hopefully we hear something soon!

FInally recieved the portal link ! 3 months later LOL

What do you think they mean about "personal interview"? Is that 'in person' or virtual?

Also received secondary, OOS.

Is there anything we're supposed to do after submitting the payment?

wow this new portal is so much better than their old one

+1! It's finally here ladies and gentleman! Take my money PCOM!

What do you think they mean about "personal interview"? Is that 'in person' or virtual?
Taken from their website: "Due to COVID-19, we will conduct online interviews only for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle at all PCOM locations."

Just so I don't screw this up...there’s no other secondary questions hidden anywhere right lol? The aacomas app was their secondary as well or no?

Just so I don't screw this up...there’s no other secondary questions hidden anywhere right lol? The aacomas app was their secondary as well or no?
yeah you just give them your money lol

• Haha
Did anyone else's portal update after paying to "PCOM has received your CASPA fee waiver for this application cycle and has applied your waiver to your PCOM institutional fee"? This appeared on the South Georgia portal after I payed the fee through the PA tab. I don't even know what CASPA is lol

Will they be looking at AACOMAS academic updates? The portal says that an official or unofficial transcript should be sent to them if updates in grades were made after initial submission.