2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my II! First one this cycle! Good luck to all!:D
congrats! mind sharing complete date and also stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the link for the student inclusion panel for today at 7 pm central? I didn't get the RSVP link for it

Any current students here? I'd love to know more about the student scholarly pathways at MCW.
Hey! I am a current M1 and can tell you a little about the pathways program. Over the last 2 weeks we have met with many faculty members/M2s/M3s who are part of each pathway, and have gotten to speak with them about the logistics, pros, cons of each particular pathway. All of this was to help us decide which pathway to declare towards the end of sept. I have to tell you, I am having a really difficult time deciding because they all seem so great! They are essentially a way to get you more involved and learn about critical healthcare issues/topics that are not a large part of the actual med school curriculum (i.e. all about health insurance, how to get into leadership roles in health care, social determinants of health, clinician education, etc.). There are several mandatory sessions per semester, and you have to work on a pathways project that is due at the end of M4. So it is a way to start your own research and show what you're passionate about... so when you get to residency interviews you can showcase yourself (not just that you passed each class and Step 1). It's helpful because it also gets us involved with mentor ship and networking, which are crucial to becoming who you want to be as a physician. From what I've learned so far, it doesn't seem like a huge time commitment, and if you chose the pathway based on the things that most interest you, it can be a great use of time and a wonderful learning opportunity in addition to actual med school classes. Like always, it's what you make of it. Hope that helps!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed last week, and was blown away. The faculty was so kind and responsive, the curriculum seems really good, and the school in general seems to truly care about the student's wellbeing

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed last week, and was blown away. The faculty was so kind and responsive, the curriculum seems really good, and the school in general seems to truly care about the student's wellbeing
Same! I was really impressed.

Those that interviewed already, they do want updates before they make a decision correct? I couldn’t remember where I heard that, this school or another!

Those that interviewed already, they do want updates before they make a decision correct? I couldn’t remember where I heard that, this school or another!
I don't think it's required but during my interview (09/10) they said they would want any update before October 4th since they are sending out decisions on October 15th

Reactions: 1 users
I may have missed it in the forum, but has anyone received an R or a hold?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone provide details on the headshot upload? I neglected to do it right away and now I don't see any info on how or where to do so before my interview. Thanks all.

Can anyone provide details on the headshot upload? I neglected to do it right away and now I don't see any info on how or where to do so before my interview. Thanks all.
Directions are under the interview tab! Under #3.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who received an interview had a lower Casper percentile? I wonder how MCW is using this in their evaluation process.

Does anyone know if the early October interviewees (like 10/8) will hear back on October 15th? Obviously that's a fast turn around butI know some people did last year and was curious if anyone has more insight.

Does anyone know if the early October interviewees (like 10/8) will hear back on October 15th? Obviously that's a fast turn around butI know some people did last year and was curious if anyone has more insight.
I think they will tell you at interview day when you’ll head back

Has anyone who is interviewing this Friday received an email with a zoom link to the interviewee social or for the official interview? I haven't gotten either and it said we would get both within 48 hours of our interview day.
Nope - was wondering the same...

Has anyone who is interviewing this Friday received an email with a zoom link to the interviewee social or for the official interview? I haven't gotten either and it said we would get both within 48 hours of our interview day.
Have not gotten any info about the social. However, I checked back in my portal and saw I had been assigned interview times with the names of my interviewers

Any current students here? I'm hoping to know more about the mission of MCW and what they value. The mission statement seems quite similar to most schools.
Thanks!

Anyone else who submitted around 7/21 sitting here with radio silence like me? I just got the IS R from U-Wisconsin (madison) so now with MCW giving me the silent treatment my neuroticism is in full swing

Anyone else who submitted around 7/21 sitting here with radio silence like me? I just got the IS R from U-Wisconsin (madison) so now with MCW giving me the silent treatment my neuroticism is in full swing
yup silence from end of July.

Reactions: 6 users
yup silence from end of July.
Same here, complete mid-July. However, I wouldn't worry too much about complete dates because it doesn't seem like MCW stratifies apps based on them alone. If you go back far enough in this thread there doesn't seem to be a trend. There's only been one R reported on here so far. I'm sure there are many IIs and Rs that have gone out and haven't been mentioned here. So no reason to lose hope!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II today!! OOS LM 69 WARS way higher - FAP/disadvantaged ORM

• Love
Bruh what do I got to do to get an II? My application can’t be that bad can it? Lol

Bruh what do I got to do to get an II? My application can’t be that bad can it? Lol
Same, but I’m IS and have been complete for more than 2 months

Reactions: 2 users
If it makes u feel better the II's ive gotten have been very early at the schools so I think this Is reallllly early still! yours is coming :)

I am manifesting an interview invite somewhere today, I feel it in my bones, I need one of these schools to step up here and take one for the team.

• Care
Same, but I’m IS and have been complete for more than 2 months
Lol same. I’m talking just in general though. It’s kind of disheartening ngl. I hope my app doesn’t have some huge red flag.

• Care
Lol same. I’m talking just in general though. It’s kind of disheartening ngl. I hope my app doesn’t have some huge red flag.
Same, especially bc UWis rejected me without an II yesterday

this whole process broke me. especially MCAT. your time will come I promise! sending you hugs

I saw on Reddit that they gave out Rs but idk if it’s the same people as on here

I sent my CASPer score in early September and it says on my portal that it hasn't been received yet... so I'm not "complete"

I have emailed them and even called but no one got back to me yet. Any advice??

II yesterday evening. OOS with ties to the state. URM 3.9X and 50X MCAT.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users