2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here, submitted 7/13,

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Classic MCW breaking my heart. Reapplicant this year and this school is in my top 3. If only they would show me the same love.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure they interview year round so I wouldn’t stress about it so early!

Members don't see this ad :)
Classic MCW breaking my heart. Reapplicant this year and this school is in my top 3. If only they would show me the same love.
Same, reapplicant here.

Reactions: 2 users
II received last night!! Submitted secondary 6/30

**edit with stats if it's helpful for others! Out of state resident, in state ties, 510, 3.7 gpa, non-trad

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hey all! I know it is early in the season, but just popping in for some encouraging words. Tomorrow is my first day of medical school at MCW, and I was pulled last minute (2 days before) for their last interview day of the season (end of March). From my particular interview day, I know of at least 5 applicants who were accepted. So, that's all to say.... don't give up hope if you haven't heard back yet, and even if you don't hear back until early next year. It is truly a waiting game, and what I wish I had done during my application year was enjoy my free time and not constantly stress about why I hadn't heard back yet. It will all work out! Enjoy your freedom while you have it.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 24 users
I just realized that their secondary app invite was in my junk mail.... do you think sending a secondary right now would be considered too late give everyone is already getting II? :(

I just realized that their secondary app invite was in my junk mail.... do you think sending a secondary right now would be considered too late give everyone is already getting II? :(
depending on your stats and how interested you are in this school, I would just do it

Members don't see this ad :)
II at 8:30 PM tonight. OOS with some ties, MCAT 511, GPA 3.7. Submitted 7/28. Only Interview date available was 10/8/21. I'm so excited to be given this opportunity, I hope y'all get good news soon too :)

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Does silence mean rejection or bad things to come? Haven’t heard anything in a while and I was complete on 7/18

• Hmm
Hey guys, I've submitted my primary to MCW quite a while ago, but no secondary yet. I don't have any immediate red flags so I'm a little confused...

Should I just hold tight or e-mail admissions?

Hey guys, I've submitted my primary to MCW quite a while ago, but no secondary yet. I don't have any immediate red flags so I'm a little confused...

Should I just hold tight or e-mail admissions?
Check your spam.. that's where I found my secondary invite almost a month later 🥲

Check your spam.. that's where I found my secondary invite almost a month later 🥲
Not there either :/ I guess I'll e-mail admissions :rolleyes:.

With that said, it's not too late to apply here is it..? Is MCW's cycle super early like Michigan or Tulane?

Can you guys see the application complete email under the email history tab? I got an application complete email on July 17th, but it never showed up on the portal and I'm scared that they might have looked over my app :/

Can you guys see the application complete email under the email history tab? I got an application complete email on July 17th, but it never showed up on the portal and I'm scared that they might have looked over my app :/
i dont see it in my email history and i have an interview. I only see secondary app and then the interview invite email so no complete email in between

II 8/11
3.98 cGPA 3.98 sGPA 517 MCAT
Complete 7/31

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! Does anyone know how Casper is used in admissions decisions? Is it heavily weighted?

When’s the first round of interviews? This friday or next friday? Good luck to those interviewing! I’m nervous

When’s the first round of interviews? This friday or next friday? Good luck to those interviewing! I’m nervous
It's this Friday! It'll be my first interview - hope to see others at the social tonight!

It's this Friday! It'll be my first interview - hope to see others at the social tonight!
Oh wow mine is next Friday but I didn’t hear about the social event? It’s on zoom presumably?

Oh wow mine is next Friday but I didn’t hear about the social event? It’s on zoom presumably?
I can't find where it states it at the moment, but also interviewing on next Friday, and I have Wednesday night marked down for the social!

I can't find where it states it at the moment, but also interviewing on next Friday, and I have Wednesday night marked down for the social!
Oh okay! Thank you I will definitely go through the instructions again 😅 how are you prepping

What campus are you interviewing at? I’m interviewing at MKE on 9/17 with no mention of social night, unless it comes closer to interview.

What campus are you interviewing at? I’m interviewing at MKE on 9/17 with no mention of social night, unless it comes closer to interview.
Also for Milwaukee! I'm for 09/10, and my interview confirmation email states on the bottom:

"The Interviewee Social is your chance to chat with current MCW students and your fellow interviewees in a more casual environment. Facilitated by another one of our student organizations, the Applicant Host Program, each Social will begin with a student Q&A then will move attendees into breakout rooms to allow for small-group discussions. The Social will be hosted from 7-8pm CST on either the Wednesday or Thursday of your interview week and is open to all of that week's interviewees. No RSVP is necessary. You will receive confirmation of the date of the Social and the Zoom link via email the week of your interview."

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Also for Milwaukee! I'm for 09/10, and my interview confirmation email states on the bottom:

"The Interviewee Social is your chance to chat with current MCW students and your fellow interviewees in a more casual environment. Facilitated by another one of our student organizations, the Applicant Host Program, each Social will begin with a student Q&A then will move attendees into breakout rooms to allow for small-group discussions. The Social will be hosted from 7-8pm CST on either the Wednesday or Thursday of your interview week and is open to all of that week's interviewees. No RSVP is necessary. You will receive confirmation of the date of the Social and the Zoom link via email the week of your interview."
I found it! Thank you! 🤗

• Care
For those that had the interview yesterday (9/3) how was it?
Anything wild?

Any current students here? I'd love to know more about the student scholarly pathways at MCW.

Received a rejection email just now, first of the cycle. Good luck to others!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Anybody interviewing this Friday know if the interviewee social is being held tomorrow night or Thursday night?

I guess it’s Thursday evening since I have not received an email about the social yet?

I just got an email from MCW stating that the Interviewee Social (optional event) will be 7pm CST today 09/08!
Yes okay same! Also are you guys going to look up your interviewers before hand or is that just creepy haha

For those who have already interviewed, how was the interview? Thanks in advance.