2021-2022 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete 7/29 submitted secondary 7/7.

Members don't see this ad.

II 10 min ago! LM 82.7, WARS 94, complete 6/28 OOS

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
II received, complete 7/5, LM 83, IS, almost started crying

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone know how to schedule the actual interview? I see the upload photo, but nothing about scheduling...

You deserve this much, MUCH more than you might think
you are so very kind :') <3 been feeling an immense amount of imposter syndrome from peers/online and feels like a brick just came off my chest

• Care
Hey does anyone know how to schedule the actual interview? I see the upload photo, but nothing about scheduling...
same here, I uploaded my photo/refreshed/logged out but don't see the date anywhere...it almost seems like they are assigning us a date from the portal though?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone still have the awaiting review status? I submitted the secondary in early July.

Same error here. Just emailed them about it, we shall see!

Can you email them to fix my status to interview too

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
same here, I uploaded my photo/refreshed/logged out but don't see the date anywhere...it almost seems like they are assigning us a date from the portal though?
Ok, well good to know that it's just not me. I was also thinking that when I read the email, but it still says in the portal that we have to select a date. Hopefully they'll fix it soon!

Was able to schedule an interview just now - fwiw I only saw one date available for me in August/september (didn't check October) so maybe they are assigning dates

Anyone still waiting to receive a secondary? Should I email them? IS applicant

just received an II! complete 7/9

• Love
Massive W they got like 10k applicants last year. Does anyone know what their II to acceptance rate is, or yield?
Looks like in 2019 they interview 718 and accepted 105, but that was their first year so maybe things have changed

Looks like in 2019 they interview 718 and accepted 105, but that was their first year so maybe things have changed
Ya, I was assuming their catch ratio is pretty high considering it's LA and free haha, but Jesus that's t20 level enrollment in a brand new school.

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

Just curious but what is the interview date range? August, September?

Thank you!! I was offered one single date at the end of August

Ya, I was assuming their catch ratio is pretty high considering it's LA and free haha, but Jesus that's t20 level enrollment in a brand new school.

I bet one of the main reasons for this is the C O S T

Congrats all! I looked back at my secondary....there are a couple of mistakes there lol. I shouldn't have rushed it. One of my top choices and hoping for the best anyways!

Congrats all! I looked back at my secondary....there are a couple of mistakes there lol. I shouldn't have rushed it. One of my top choices and hoping for the best anyways!
Never look back at your secondaries, its only a recipe for depression!

Is there any medical student from Kaiser here? I would like to learn more about the school.

Any other MD/PhD applicants still not receive the secondary? (i'm OOS if that matters)

Any other MD/PhD applicants still not receive the secondary? (i'm OOS if that matters)
I don't think kaiser screens for secondaries, so I would contact them asap.

II :D Really excited about this one! OOS, LizzyM = 70-something (can't remember)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
In case anyone didn’t know, Kaiser does not offer federal financial aid due to its current accreditation status with the DOE. Of course, the free tuition for the first four entering classes is the perk that very well offsets that. Any other aid is from institutional grants, outside scholarships, or private loans.

In case anyone didn’t know, Kaiser does not offer federal financial aid due to its current accreditation status with the DOE. Of course, the free tuition for the first four entering classes is the perk that very well offsets that. Any other aid is from institutional grants, outside scholarships, or private loans.
didn't know this! thanks for sharing this info

Does anyone know if this school screens primary applications? It has been two months since my primary has been verified, and I have not heard a thing from this school? I only received the email that they have received my application.

Does anyone know if this school screens primary applications? It has been two months since my primary has been verified, and I have not heard a thing from this school? I only received the email that they have received my application.
As far as I know, I don't believe Kaiser screens the primary application. I was verified 7/26 and received the secondary application on 7/26. I would suggest reaching out!

For those complete, did you receive a confirmation/complete email? My portal says complete and under review but I'm wondering if that's just on my end.

Spoke w/ my pre-health advisor who said after September is done you can always send a letter of interest restating interest and highlighting new additions/pursuits in your life

Last edited:
I thought they don't screen, what are your stats like?

IS II received 30 min ago! So so so excited about this one!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I’m pretty sure the portal will say that until you either get an II or an R (or maybe a hold, idk if Kaiser does holds)
I agree. I think its just in review until you get the II or the R. The R may be throughout the app cycle or at the end.