2020-2021 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R just now. Finally! Only got one A this cycle but it was the only one I really needed. Best of luck to everyone still vying for a spot here!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
An A is an A!
This is very true. It's hard because you see people with their 18 A's and all, but the reality of being a military spouse means there were only about 5 schools I could have attended without having to move away from my wife, so the one A i got is really the absolute best one for me and for that I am extremely grateful.

Reactions: 4 users
Post II R just now! This was my top choice but honestly I'm just relieved to have closure after interviewing in November haha. Best of luck to all others still waiting!

Post-II R...is Kaiser not doing WLs? I didn't recall seeing any reported on this thread

Edit: interviewed September

Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R, Feb. interview, ORM, OOS. Congrats to the As!

Got the post-II R, a bit crushed since no A's yet this cycle but at least I have closure :'(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Are they sending these out at the same time?

Reactions: 1 user
Post-II R...is Kaiser not doing WLs? I didn't recall seeing any reported on this thread

Edit: interviewed September
According to last year I believe, they gave WL after R's. But I'm not sure if the R's are coming out in one wave or slowly.

Finally got the R after interviewing late last year! My stats were way lower than the first class so not too surprised. I just wish they could have told us in, oh idk, 2 months instead of nearly half a year

Reactions: 2 users
Same. Interviewed mid November and then silence. I emailed them after they passed their March 20th mark, but they haven’t replied.

Honestly, what I learned from this cycle is that being ghosted by a crush is better than Med schools since there’s no fee associated 😂

• Haha
These are the first reported post-II R’s right?

Reactions: 1 users
Waiting for this inevitable post II-R is getting exhausting

• Care
Just out of curiosity, did they say how many applications they received for this year?

Just out of curiosity, did they say how many applications they received for this year?
Wanna say in the ballpark range of 13k-14k? They said it during interview day but I forgot exactly what was said.

Pre-II R. I saw that one coming a mile away

Interviewed in dec, still no news ?? Should I just assume R at this point lol

Honestly, with everything else we've heard from them this year with how they treated Dr. Khoury, this is just another blow of unprofessionalism that makes the school not look great. It's common decency to let interviewees know once their interview season is over.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Honestly, with everything else we've heard from them this year with how they treated Dr. Khoury, this is just another blow of unprofessionalism that makes the school not look great. It's common decency to let interviewees know once their interview season is over.

I understand how frustrating it can be waiting for a response back from schools especially this time of the year. I just want to state the fact that I honestly see the delay in response/inactivity NOT just for KP SOM, but across other top-tier institutions as well due to the unprecedented time. I believe KPSOM and all the other schools are working hard towards giving everyone a response soon.

Reactions: 3 users
I understand how frustrating it can be waiting for a response back from schools especially this time of the year. I just want to state the fact that I honestly see the delay in response/inactivity NOT just for KP SOM, but across other top-tier institutions as well due to the unprecedented time. I believe KPSOM and all the other schools are working hard towards giving everyone a response soon.
This hasn't been my experience. Every school I applied to gave me a decision by early March, except for one place that gave me a decision last week... and Kaiser. Many of those were top-tier. This is definitely unusual.

This hasn't been my experience. Every school I applied to gave me a decision by early March, except for one place that gave me a decision last week... and Kaiser. Many of those were top-tier. This is definitely unusual.
Same, I have heard back from every other school in a timely manner and I feel that this is unique to KPSOM unfortunately.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you think Kaiser is still deciding who to keep on WL vs who to reject? Really curious as to why they dropped a few post-II R's then left everyone else waiting earlier this week.

I thought for sure we would get the axe today.... but now I'm not so convinced