2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MCAT 508, GPA 3.5, but over 600 hours in clinical experience, research at prestigious hospital/lab, and leadership position as a lab supervisor.

So I definitely think they look at apps holistically rather than just scores
congrats! I hope you do well on the interview and get that A <3

Members don't see this ad.

Transmitted 6/25, but haven't heard anything. I never sent them my casper score, should I send it now or wait until I receive some form of contact from Indiana?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, the cycle was delayed like a month though because of covid, so I think interviews actually started earlier than September in previous years.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year, the cycle was delayed like a month though because of covid, so I think interviews actually started earlier than September in previous years.
From my understanding, interview dates aren't given/assigned until at least 4 weeks out of the actual interview day, so the earliest interview day at this point would be August 30th (unless people who got IIs were already assigned a date)

From my understanding, interview dates aren't given/assigned until at least 4 weeks out of the actual interview day, so the earliest interview day at this point would be August 30th (unless people who got IIs were already assigned a date)
I think you're right actually. I didn't think about that.

II received yesterday! Verified 7/21, receipt notification 7/23. IS, LM 68 with a lot of clinical and research experience. Best of luck to everyone else, let's get these A's!

Reactions: 1 users
II received yesterday! Verified 7/21, receipt notification 7/23. IS, LM 68 with a lot of clinical and research experience. Best of luck to everyone else, let's get these A's!
Did you send Indiana Casper before or after you got your receipt notification?

IS receipt notification 7/2... no II... is this a soft R? should i bother with a LOI? anyone else a few weeks out of receipt notification and no II?

IS receipt notification 7/2... no II... is this a soft R? should i bother with a LOI? anyone else a few weeks out of receipt notification and no II?
It is still extremely early in the cycle - it runs through May. We're probably just getting past the first "wave" of IIs. You should not take this as a soft R; as far as I know, IU doesn't do soft rejections/ghost. If you look at some comments above yours, there are still several people who were verified early and still haven't gotten a receipt notification as well as others in your position (and I'm sure a lot of other people who just don't comment or don't visit SDN). Just my $0.02, I don't think you should send an LOI (not sure if you mean letter of interest or intent - either way, those are usually reserved for post-interview)

• Care
It is still extremely early in the cycle - it runs through May. We're probably just getting past the first "wave" of IIs. You should not take this as a soft R; as far as I know, IU doesn't do soft rejections/ghost. If you look at some comments above yours, there are still several people who were verified early and still haven't gotten a receipt notification as well as others in your position (and I'm sure a lot of other people who just don't comment or don't visit SDN). Just my $0.02, I don't think you should send an LOI (not sure if you mean letter of interest or intent - either way, those are usually reserved for post-interview)
my anxiety *needed* this 😂 thanks so much for the encouragement! my stats are similar to some OOS people that have gotten II's so i feel like i'm not insane to be hopeful? thanks!!

Anyone who has still not received confirmation of primary being received by IU email admissions?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you still waiting for confirmation this is what they said when I emailed:

"Once we have downloaded your application, you will receive a notification via email, which we encourage all applicants to check frequently. We download applications frequently, and as soon as yours is downloaded, you will be notified."

For those of you still waiting for confirmation this is what they said when I emailed:

"Once we have downloaded your application, you will receive a notification via email, which we encourage all applicants to check frequently. We download applications frequently, and as soon as yours is downloaded, you will be notified."
Okay, great. So we're guaranteed to be at least notified that its been downloaded? So we will hear from Indy at some point simply because we've applied - please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm OOS but my entire immediate family lives in Indiana so I was hoping to at least get *some* attention from them, even if it is just the confirmation at this point:rofl:

my anxiety *needed* this 😂 thanks so much for the encouragement! my stats are similar to some OOS people that have gotten II's so i feel like i'm not insane to be hopeful? thanks!!
No, it's not insane at all! Be hopeful! There's still lots of time left :)

Could anybody gauge my likelihood of getting an interview at Indiana?
science GPA: 3.2
non-science GPA: 3.5
cGPA: 3.33
Ivy Undergrad
507 MCAT
URM (Black Woman)
Division I Athlete (2x Captain)
1000+ research hours
400 clinical hours
500 volunteer (mainly because of Athletics) hours
Indiana Resident (born and raised in Indianapolis)!

received the confirmation email before, but new MCAT score was available Friday (07/30).

Did you guys submit the virtual interview acknowledgement or do we do that after we get a date?

Ivy Undergrad
507 MCAT
URM (Black Woman)
1000+ research hours
400 clinical hours

received the confirmation email before, but new MCAT score was available Friday (07/30).

I'd assume, very likely.

Did you guys submit the virtual interview acknowledgement or do we do that after we get a date?
Yep, you need to do this within 7 days of receiving your II. It's the 'Interview Invitation Confirmation Form' that is sent later/closer to your actual interview date that was accidentally sent out early.

I submitted everything to IU on like 7/22, but none of my stuff has been marked off yet on my portal. Anyone else in the same boat or anyone have everything marked off yet?

I submitted everything to IU on like 7/22, but none of my stuff has been marked off yet on my portal. Anyone else in the same boat or anyone have everything marked off yet?
Same for me. From what I've gathered from previous threads it can take anywhere between 2 - 4 weeks for it to be marked off and receive our interview dates. ED will get priority processing for now

Same for me. From what I've gathered from previous threads it can take anywhere between 2 - 4 weeks for it to be marked off and receive our interview dates. ED will get priority processing for now
Gotcha, glad to see it's not just me then !

I kind of decided last minute to not apply EDP and just apply broadly... my wallet and mental state are regretting that now lol

Anyone who has still not received confirmation of primary being received by IU email admissions?
My AMCAS was sent out on 6/25 and I just received a confirmation email from them today. (OOS)

Reactions: 3 users
My AMCAS was sent out on 6/25 and I just received a confirmation email from them today. (OOS)
Also was sent out on 6/25, but I have yet to get anything from IU still

Might be a silly question, but what do we need to do to get the "Prerequisites Met" box checked (this is after receiving an II)? I think I understand the process for the rest of them and am just waiting for them to process what I've sent, but I wasn't sure if I needed to send a transcript or something?

Might be a silly question, but what do we need to do to get the "Prerequisites Met" box checked (this is after receiving an II)? I think I understand the process for the rest of them and am just waiting for them to process what I've sent, but I wasn't sure if I needed to send a transcript or something?
They’ll just mark it off based on your AMCAS. It just takes time. I didn’t send anything but it’s now checked off for me.

was just assigned an interview date! 8/25

Reactions: 5 users
Graduate fee marked as paid today, actually paid 7/22

was just assigned an interview date! 8/25
Should I be concerned if I got an II on the first day and paid and sent everything in immediately but it still says my LORs and Deans eval aren’t in? And CASPER even though I took it 6/17? I know I should be patient but I can’t help feeling like I did something wrong

Should I be concerned if I got an II on the first day and paid and sent everything in immediately but it still says my LORs and Deans eval aren’t in? And CASPER even though I took it 6/17? I know I should be patient but I can’t help feeling like I did something wrong
I don't think so, they're probably just working through things really slowly. I was really surprised when I got the email because my Dean's eval still hasn't been marked off. I can't say anything about CASPER since I haven't gotten my score back yet, but I don't think it was one of the things that IU needed to have before assigning an interview date. In the email they sent, they mentioned that they need all of the supplemental materials within 30 days after your interview

My interview is scheduled for august 25th. I’m EDP

Does anybody know where it matters you are interviewing? I am interviewing "at" Terre Haute (which is really just online so I won't actually be there) on 8/25. Would I still possibly be able to go to the Indianapolis campus? Or does the Indy campus only open to those who interview at Indy?

Basically: does the campus you are set to interview "at" mean anything for which campuses are available to you?

(I'm ED btw)

Does anybody know where it matters you are interviewing? I am interviewing "at" Terre Haute (which is really just online so I won't actually be there) on 8/25. Would I still possibly be able to go to the Indianapolis campus? Or does the Indy campus only open to those who interview at Indy?

Basically: does the campus you are set to interview "at" mean anything for which campuses are available to you?

(I'm ED btw)
ED applicants get to choose their campus. Regular MD candidates rank preferences then get assigned

(I'm ED btw)
No, it doesn't matter! I think it's just based on their availability and probably where they think you have the best fit (but again, you get to choose the campus if accepted)

Just got my interview date assigned! 8/25.

was invited to interview on 7/13, and completed all the forms that same day.

Strangely enough, my CASPer score is still marked "not received" despite me receiving the interview date lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
II just now!! Completely unexpected and so excited. OOS, URM, strong ties

Reactions: 6 users
OOS (but in the same region), regular decision MD applicant. Primary verified 6/17 and transmitted 6/25. Just received my application confirmation email! Like a lot of people have already said, it is still incredibly early in the cycle-most schools are just getting past early decision applicants, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t have an II yet or even a receipt of primary app yet—this is the second “app receipt” I received this morning despite transmitting on my first day.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd assume, very likely.
Ivy Undergrad
507 MCAT
URM (Black Woman)
1000+ research hours
400 clinical hours

Interview and Secondary invite received (08/4). Forms completed.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my interview date assigned! 8/25.

was invited to interview on 7/13, and completed all the forms that same day.

Strangely enough, my CASPer score is still marked "not received" despite me receiving the interview date lol.
Yeah same boat. Interviewing 8/25 with everything marked complete except CASPer, which I took like middle of June. IDK what's up with that.

Primary verified 7/13 still no confirmation from IU confirming my primary was received.