2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cant believe we still haven’t heard back. I was expecting the waitlist to come through this morning , if not me, one of you guys letting us know it came through.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Cant believe we still haven’t heard back. I was expecting the waitlist to come through this morning , if not me, one of you guys letting us know it came through.
I'm surprised as well. Maybe we'll get something in a few hours? If not it'll definitely be some time this week.

Correction: There have been cycles where waitlists aren't given out until late April/early May, so we may have to wait even longer :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those as bored/curious as I am wondering when IUSM applicants first commented WL notifications in previous cycles (all times in EST):

2014-2015: 4/23/15 (Thurs. 12:09 pm): 2015-2016: 5/6/16 (Fri. 8:38 am): 2016-2017: 5/4/17 (Thurs. 3:38 pm): 2017-2018: 4/19/18 (Thurs. 3:44 pm): 2018-2019: 4/18/19 (Thurs. 4:12 pm): 2019-2020: 4/15/20 (Wed. 2:28 pm): 2020-2021: 4/23/21 (Fri. 2:58 pm): 2021-2022: 😭

Just trying to provide some form of predictability in these times of chaos. If anyone wants to know more information on what went on around this time in previous cycles, just click the link below the year and it will take you to that first waitlist comment in each cycle. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
For those as bored/curious as I am wondering when IUSM applicants first commented WL notifications in previous cycles:

2017-2018: 4/19 (Wed. 3:44 pm EST)
2018-2019: 4/18 (Wed. 4:12 pm EST) 2019-2020: 4/15 (Mon. 2:28 pm EST) 2020-2021: 4/23 (Thur. 2:58 pm EST) 2021-2022: 😭

Just trying to provide some form of predictability in these times of chaos. If anyone wants to know more information on what went on around this time in previous cycles, just click the link below the year and it will take you to that first waitlist comment in each cycle. Hope this helps!

[Note: I didn't bother providing cycles before 2017 as it seems IU followed a different schedule compared to the more recent past few years]
Didn’t they also do like two waves of WL in 2021?

Didn’t they also do like two waves of WL in 2021?
I'm glad you pointed that out. Apparently there was one according to this comment: 2020-2021 Indiana

However I couldn't find the exact time the second wave came out (has to be some day between the first wave 4/23 and that comment 4/30). Plus a lot of comments in other cycles say there is only 1 wave, so no idea what's going on there. Let's just hope to be part of the "first" one lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does IUSM require the use of the AAMC CYMS tool by May 2nd?
Admissions said "Plan to enroll" is not required ever. But you have to select "commit to enroll" by July 11th.
1650973481529.png

What if maybe there is no waitlist this year?
Relax fam, I highly doubt that's possible. If you check one of my earlier messages on this forum you'll see that the waitlist dates vary every year, from mid April to even early May some years. I'm sure we'll hear something within these next two weeks

(btw I updated it shortly after I originally posted it to include even more cycles. Turns out the past 10 or so years have followed "similar" schedules. I just didn't put together that early May is right after April lol)

Relax fam, I highly doubt that's possible. If you check one of my earlier messages on this forum you'll see that the waitlist dates vary every year, from mid April to even early May some years. I'm sure we'll hear something within these next two weeks
Yes I saw that, hahah maybe I’m overthinking. But IU def wins this Silent Game they’re playing

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how the campus lottery works?
Admissions is super murky on this topic... Online it says applicants are ranked and that's it. After attending a few of the First Look events each campus dean shared some more insights. Indy and Bloomington are the two most popular campus selections. If you rank Indy as your top choice, I was told it's like a 30% chance you actually get it. If you rank any other regional campus as your top choice, except Bloomington, you'll most likely get that spot. Not sure what the odds are for bloomington.

Also, the time when you rank the campuses may be factored into the lottery (one dean said yes, another no). So maybe people who were accepted early have a higher probability of getting their top choice.

One thing I heard faculty and deans talk about was students who went to the undergrad institution that hosts the regional campus are more likely to be placed there. So people who went to Purdue are most likely to be placed in West Lafayette even if ranked differently, Notre Dame in South Bend, IU in Bloomington and so on... Not sure how that's factored in but that's what I was told.

So it's not as simple as just ranking applicants. there are more things factored into placements. Take this with a grain of salt because it's still one of the great mysteries of the world.

Do we think there is any chance waitlist notifications have gone out already and just people who got it don’t use this site? Lol just super stressing

Do we think there is any chance waitlist notifications have gone out already and just people who got it don’t use this site? Lol just super stressing
I think those odds are very low. In years past, 10-15ish people have posted on SDN that they were waitlisted.

Reactions: 2 users
IUSM waitlists have taken as long as early May to be sent out in some cycles. No worries, I'm sure we would have heard by now if they were sent out. Still another 2 weeks minimum that we can expect an update.

For those of you also waiting, I just called the admissions office, they said they have no concrete date for when decisions will be given out for applicants who haven't heard a decision. They said the committee meets periodically and that the latest they could deliver a decision would be June 1 and unfortunately, they have no additional information other than that.

• Sad
  • Haha
Do campus placements go out next week?
Last year they went out May 7th (Friday of the 1st week in May).

They only tell us they’ll come sometime in May, but hopefully next week.

Is anyone familiar with IUSM's drug testing policy?

Do they test students at all? Is it at the start of 1st year, or the start of clinical rotations?

Also withdrew my A from here this morning. Good luck and congratulations to all of you, wherever you may end up!

Reactions: 5 users
I withdrew my application from further consideration today. I wish I could have heard back from IU SOM one way or the other but I have an acceptance elsewhere that I am ecstatic about.

I hope those who are still waiting hear back soon.

Also received a waitlist less than an hour ago, October interview, IS
There's still hope!!

Same. Waitlist email
Interviewed in Jan

Is there a difference between alternate list and waitlist?

Also got the alternate list email.
Interviewed January OOS.

Make sure to check all of your folders. I found my email in promotions.

waitlist email recieved. What do they mean by “Date by which the Admissions Office will receive final transcripts”. Don’t they already have that?

Same waitlist email about an hour ago! OOS interviewed in early February

Wow. Some many WLs. Anyone know how good/bad this WL is? How many WL spots? And how many accepted from that pool?

waitlist email recieved. What do they mean by “Date by which the Admissions Office will receive final transcripts”. Don’t they already have that?
I’m wondering this too! I graduated two years ago so the transcripts they got when I sent in my app are my final transcripts.

Approx 100 and about half are accepted IS and OOS waitlists are diff
MSAR says about 150 are on WL but no indication of how many are accepted. But there email says 100 are on WL. I wish they would release amount of accepted!

I’m wondering this too! I graduated two years ago so the transcripts they got when I sent in my app are my final transcripts.
You have to send transcripts directly to the school. It is stupid, but they cant use the transcripts from AMCAS as "official" so they need a fresh set of them directly to the admissions office.

So does no waitlist email and no portal update mean rejection? I'm assuming so...

You have to send transcripts directly to the school. It is stupid, but they cant use the transcripts from AMCAS as "official" so they need a fresh set of them directly to the admissions office.
This is fair, but do I send It to them after I have been accepted already?