2021-2022 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll just say this, Harvard wouldn't have invited you to interview if you didnt have a shot at admission. Additionally, 10% of the class every year has scores at the 10th percentile or below, why not you? :)
What was heavily emphasized at my interview day was that HMS picks a class in which no two people have the same story. They really look to curate a class that will mesh well together and enhance each others best traits. I think of it this way, obviously HMS could have a class with a median of 524+ and 4.0, but they don't. That's for a reason!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just got the II this morning for pathways!! Dates available second week of January

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
By the way, do we have any idea what later IIs mean in terms of chances of acceptance or is just impossible to say what goes on behind closed doors at HMS? Any words of wisdom from the current students who may be skimming this thread from time to time?

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, do we have any idea what later IIs mean in terms of chances of acceptance or is just impossible to say what goes on behind closed doors at HMS? Any words of wisdom from the current students who may be skimming this thread from time to time?
they don’t do rolling admissions so I don’t think having a later interview makes a difference like it would at a school with rolling admissions

What makes you say that?
Historically week before Christmas has been last IIs and they only interview until 2nd week of Jan so guessing all the invites have already been sent out since someone said they were scheduling for 2nd week of Jan. Given this, it’s very likely over

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone MSTP booked for Jan 11th? Just curious to know if I should hold out hope or count this one as an R lol.

The poster above was wrong. Received an II for Harvard today!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users
Congrats! Assuming they are scheduling only for next week? I guess today was the last day

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!
Anyone know if Pathways accepts/considers update letters post-I? If so, what's the general timeline before March that the letter might get full consideration? Wondering if I should try to wait till mid-late Feb in hopes a manuscript is accepted.
Thanks!

Just saw a (non-****post) post on LinkedIn announcing someone’s acceptance and commitment to HMS today… I thought decisions came in March. Am I missing something?

Just saw a (non-****post) post on LinkedIn announcing someone’s acceptance and commitment to HMS today… I thought decisions came in March. Am I missing something?
Maybe it’s a different program? HMS has masters and other graduate degrees IIRC

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe it’s a different program? HMS has masters and other graduate degrees IIRC
They explicitly said it was for the MD program… I dunno, it’s not a big deal but I’m definitely curious if they were BS’ing or if there’s some sort of special early acceptance program?

Maybe they differed their acceptance last year?

Maybe they differed their acceptance last year?
That’s what I thought at first too, but this person is currently a senior in undergrad so I don’t think they could have applied last cycle

That’s what I thought at first too, but this person is currently a senior in undergrad so I don’t think they could have applied last cycle
I wouldn't get too excited. Anyone can post anything they want on the internet. Harvard doesn't release decisions until March. Period.

What are the odds that someone so special that Harvard would make an exception would also be so careless as to post it publicly for all to see, and maybe for Harvard to rescind? Also, there is literally no way anyone can commit anywhere until the CTE functionality in the CYMS tool goes live on 5/2.

Total nonsense that is having the desired effect by provoking this conversation right here. No super secret early acceptance program that you can only learn about on LinkedIn after the fact! :laugh:

Has anyone uploaded an update on the HMS portal? I uploaded one, but when I try to click on the upload, the document isn't opening. Is anyone else having this issue?

Current student here. Admissions decision wont be released until March, as stated already. I know for a fact that final decision meetings will be held in the next coming weeks as our last interview date is next week.

Current student here. Admissions decision wont be released until March, as stated already. I know for a fact that final decision meetings will be held in the next coming weeks as our last interview date is next week.
Thanks for letting us know! Do you know if they work sequentially through each date? I interviewed in January and am wondering when I should post an update/interest letter such that it would be before a final decision is made. In any case, thank you!

So anyone who hasn't heard about an interview invite can safely assume that they're a soft-R if the last interview date is next week?

Reactions: 3 users
For post-II updates, I know Harvard gives you the option to upload in the portal but does anyone recommend emailing them the letter directly instead? Kind of ballsy so i'm wondering if anyone here has done this lol

I'm fortunate enough to have multiple acceptances from T10s as well as full-ride scholarships at some of these schools. HMS is still one of my top choices, but I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten or heard of someone getting HMS to match their merit aid (not need-based) from another school? From what I can tell, HMS seems to be against merit aid scholarships as a whole.

I'm fortunate enough to have multiple acceptances from T10s as well as full-ride scholarships at some of these schools. HMS is still one of my top choices, but I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten or heard of someone getting HMS to match their merit aid (not need-based) from another school? From what I can tell, HMS seems to be against merit aid scholarships as a whole.
No. They’re definitely not going to match your merit aid offer. I doubt they match need based aid offers most of the time either.

Last edited:
They have 0 merit scholarships

Yea same ... I know I would get a substantial amount of need based aid from Harvard , but I’m not sure if paying an extra 50k for the name over another T10 is worth it.

But maybe the stress relief from P/F clinicals is worth it, a whole year of pain alleviated.

Hello folks! How’s everyone doing?
I was wondering if it’s too late now to submit a post-ii update (would applications have been already revisited/finalized)?

Hello folks! How’s everyone doing?
I was wondering if it’s too late now to submit a post-ii update (would applications have been already revisited/finalized)?
Better late than never, just proceed with the idea that they might not see it/ read it at this point

Ok I know they said first week of march, but has any one heard of an actual day?? Asking for a friend....

So if no II yet we can assume an R?
yes, unfortunately. I’m sorry 😓😓. Last interview date was mid Jan according to the Canvas site. HMS typically does just one decision dump at the end of their cycle.

for those curious, here are decision dates and times for the previous 5 cycles:

-2017: Fri, 3/3 (~10:45 am EST)
-2018: Fri, 3/2 (~10:00 am EST)
-2019: Fri, 3/1 (~10:15 am EST)
-2020: Fri, 2/28 (~10:00 am EST)
-2021: Tues, 3/2 (~9:15 am EST)

you're welcome :p

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
Guys if Harvard accepts me I think I would actually die … my immigrant parents could never talk bad to me ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
to temper my hope I’m gonna say Friday 3/4, but either way this is coming up soon ig… good luck everybody!!

Does HMS have a special way of communicating As, or will all candidates hear back via email regardless of outcome?

Does HMS have a special way of communicating As, or will all candidates hear back via email regardless of outcome?
E-mails around 9 AM. I received mine at 9:28 AM EST (just double checked).

You guys are almost there! These last few weeks are the worst, best of luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I applied here for the fun of it, not even thinking I had a shot. Regardless of what happens, still feeling mad lucky to have been interviewed here. Best of luck to everyone! May all your wishes come true

Reactions: 7 users
Financial aid website updated their deadline to 3/14... decisions coming before 3/1?

• Hmm