2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Havent even gotten back to all November people yet. WL movements a while off

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Crap I guess I gotta do it today.... smh also any word on the next wave of As??
If we’re going by the two week rule, then the next wave should be released this Friday (3/4) or next Monday (3/7)

• Care
Ik this place isn't exactly Harvard or Yale level of prestige- but why do they keep falling in the rankings every year? Tbh bit of a red flag for me

Hopefully tomorrow, there will be news for both WLs and Regular Decisions? :OO

Ik this place isn't exactly Harvard or Yale level of prestige- but why do they keep falling in the rankings every year? Tbh bit of a red flag for me
u realize rankings are based off of research funding and not off of the merit of the school?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
No one gives a **** about those us news rankings. UCLA is like in the 20s this year but its reputation is top 5 prob

Members don't see this ad :)
No one gives a **** about those us news rankings. UCLA is like in the 20s this year but its reputation is top 5 prob
u realize rankings are based off of research funding and not off of the merit of the school?
Look I fully realize that this is a controversial and sensitive topic to discuss, but it needs to be had nonetheless. The fact is rankings DO matter, and Georgetown, while a good school, is ultimately a mid-tier institution. Clearly some people give a **** (and important people at that) if top residencies are consistently filled with students from top programs, and more often than not Gtown is not one of those top programs.

The reputation of its medical school is simply not on par with its undergrad institution and law school, and it has consistently fallen in the rankings every single year. If you don't want to pay attention to the rankings, that's good on you, but I'm not so much concerned with the actual ranking as the downward shift in its rankings. Two or three years ago it was at 45, now it's at 55.

It's one of the most expensive medical schools in the US, so I think these questions need to be asked if we're willing to commit that type of money to this institution. Might be an unpopular opinion but I think it's worth discussing.

Reactions: 1 users
Look I fully realize that this is a controversial and sensitive topic to discuss, but it needs to be had nonetheless. The fact is rankings DO matter, and Georgetown, while a good school, is ultimately a mid-tier institution. Clearly some people give a **** (and important people at that) if top residencies are consistently filled with students from top programs, and more often than not Gtown is not one of those top programs.

The reputation of its medical school is simply not on par with its undergrad institution and law school, and it has consistently fallen in the rankings every single year. If you don't want to pay attention to the rankings, that's good on you, but I'm not so much concerned with the actual ranking as the downward shift in its rankings. Two or three years ago it was at 45, now it's at 55.

It's one of the most expensive medical schools in the US, so I think these questions need to be asked if we're willing to commit that type of money to this institution. Might be an unpopular opinion but I think it's worth discussing.

If you go on ResidencyExplorer you'll actually see that there are Georgetown grads at a ton of the top residency programs around the country. Rankings have utility but they should be taken with a grain of salt. I personally think that match list is a more important tool to compare medical schools and Georgetown's match list is very strong

Oh youre good bro its not sensitive at all. The automated asterisks made me sound upset when i wasnt. Didnt even say a bad word idk why it was censored

I’m guessing no decisions are being sent out today…

• Sad
I’m guessing no decisions are being sent out today…
If you look at previous responses in this thread, people have typically received the phone calls at 5pm or 6pm EST. I assume this is because whoever is making the phone calls is finishing up their normal job responsibilities throughout the day and then make phone calls before they leave the office.

GUSOM Stewart Scholarship Application was sent along with the acceptance email! not sure if everyone gets this or select people? kinda confusing

It has been longer than 16 weeks for me now..looking at this thread, it seems like the WL’s and R’s tend to come out after the A’s?
Interviewed mid Nov

It has been longer than 16 weeks for me now..looking at this thread, it seems like the WL’s and R’s tend to come out after the A’s?
Interviewed mid Nov
I interviewed early November, so anything is possible!

Interviewed 11/10 and have yet to hear back. I have sent 2 update/interest letters since then, the latest being three weeks ago. I know Gtown liked interest letters, but I feel like it would be overkill to send a third. any advice?

Hey everyone! To those that got accepted, is there a GroupMe that we are able to join? To everyone else, good luck!

Does anyone know how the waitlist works at Gtown? Do they take a lot off the list? Or when do they start waitlist movements?

• Care
Hey guys my MSAR expired like a week ago. Can someone share the stats it says in the section about how many applicants land on the waitlist and how many applicants get acceptances off it? I’m not down to pay 40 bucks again just for that lol

Hey guys my MSAR expired like a week ago. Can someone share the stats it says in the section about how many applicants land on the waitlist and how many applicants get acceptances off it? I’m not down to pay 40 bucks again just for that lol
Just checked and they don’t provide it unfortunately :(

Waitlist Information
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
Not Available
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Not Provided
Waitlist procedures and information
Not Available”

JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!! Interviewed on 12/3!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just checked and they don’t provide it unfortunately :(

Waitlist Information
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
Not Available
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Not Provided
Waitlist procedures and information
Not Available”
Thanks friend

Sooo does anyone know how many get off the waitlist? And how many on the waitlist?

• Love
got the acceptance email about two hours ago. interviewed mid nov, sent update letters early jan and mid feb. good luck to everyone. it ain't over until it's over folks.

Last edited:
got the email about two hours ago. interviewed 11/10, sent update letters early jan and mid feb. good luck to everyone. it ain't over until it's over folks.
Oh nice! Was it an acceptance or waitlist email??

• Haha
I am surprised there has been zero waitlist movement considering the past two years it began late February..

• Wow
oops it was an acceptance! i was too excited and forgot to mention the most important part 😅

• Love
A this afternoon! Got the call around 3:00 pm EST! Interviewed 11/04

• Love