2021-2022 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MSTP OOS +1 secondary

verified 7/21

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what Colorado pre-screens for?
Its a very holistic review compared to other schools. I remember listening to the head of admissions and they said they wont send out secondaries unless they are interested in interviewing the applicant.

Its a very holistic review compared to other schools. I remember listening to the head of admissions and they said they wont send out secondaries unless they are interested in interviewing the applicant.

This is dangerous lol! Getting my hopes up

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my status says "your application is ready, and under review." Is this the standard complete status or does anyone know if that means they are actually in the process of reviewing. Just asking since some other schools have specific updates along the way! Thanks!

my status says "your application is ready, and under review." Is this the standard complete status or does anyone know if that means they are actually in the process of reviewing. Just asking since some other schools have specific updates along the way! Thanks!
+1

Reactions: 1 user
mine switched to this the second I submitted it at like 10pm at night, so I think it's just the standard complete app status until they make some other decision

Do you guys think it would be ok to use leftover space to give ADCOM's more info? In my case, I have significant ties to the state and would like them to know that, so that I'm not seen as another random OOS applicant.

Is anyone IS still waiting on the secondary? I'm starting to get concerned rip...

Do you guys think it would be ok to use leftover space to give ADCOM's more info? In my case, I have significant ties to the state and would like them to know that, so that I'm not seen as another random OOS applicant.
I would not unless you can tie it into the prompt. You dont want a random paragraph in your essay.

Is anyone IS still waiting on the secondary? I'm starting to get concerned rip...
Also still waiting on a secondary… I’m OOS but strong ties to CO. Right there with ya waiting

Reactions: 1 users
Just checked out that STEEP OOS tuition. Anyone know if you can establish Colorado residency and pay in-state tuition after one year? I've tried to do some research online and I can't find conclusive results. I'll be older than 23, financially independent from my parents, and married (these are some requirements I've seen)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked out that STEEP OOS tuition. Anyone know if you can establish Colorado residency and pay in-state tuition after one year? I've tried to do some research online and I can't find conclusive results. I'll be older than 23, financially independent from my parents, and married (these are some requirements I've seen)
It appears that your residency status at the time you apply is not changeable for the 4 years you attend.
See their web page for more details: Accountable Student Information

believe it or not, there are other schools with more expen$ive OO$ tuition!

IS and still waiting on secondary. Thinking about emailing or calling to make sure I didn't fall through the cracks

IS and still waiting on secondary. Thinking about emailing or calling to make sure I didn't fall through the cracks
If you do so would you mind sharing what they say??

It appears that your residency status at the time you apply is not changeable for the 4 years you attend.
See their web page for more details: Accountable Student Information

believe it or not, there are other schools with more expen$ive OO$ tuition!
I called the admissions office today and they said your residency status can change after 12 month for tuition purposes, so only OOS tuition of one year!

I called the admissions office today and they said your residency status can change after 12 month for tuition purposes, so only OOS tuition of one year!
I know current students and I know for a fact this isn't true unfortunately. You can establish residency and become eligible for certain scholarships/funding, but your tuition doesn't change.

Hey yall!

I am also confused by the secondary prompt by what they meant through the pillars of "leadership, curiosity, and commitment" so I tried to look through their website to see how they defined. I found that they have different pillars in their new trek curriculum (health and society, medical sciences, and clinical sciences)?

Did everybody just define them through what it meant to them?

Hey yall!

I am also confused by the secondary prompt by what they meant through the pillars of "leadership, curiosity, and commitment" so I tried to look through their website to see how they defined. I found that they have different pillars in their new trek curriculum (health and society, medical sciences, and clinical sciences)?

Did everybody just define them through what it meant to them?
Yeah, I tried to be creative and refer to my experiences and my hopes going forward.

If you do so would you mind sharing what they say??
They replied saying at this time I've not been granted a secondary. I'm not sure what to make of that...

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
They replied saying at this time I've not been granted a secondary. I'm not sure what to make of that...
Maybe that it could come later? That's so odd, I'm sorry!

Maybe that it could come later? That's so odd, I'm sorry!
I'm going to call them and clarify. My premed coach said not to worry- that they're still reviewing primaries and there's still time to receive a secondary. I'm not as confident and want to make sure.

I'm going to call them and clarify. My premed coach said not to worry- that they're still reviewing primaries and there's still time to receive a secondary. I'm not as confident and want to make sure.
Are you OOS? I'm in the same boat. This is literally the only secondary I haven't received out of 32 schools. I added them on AMCAS July 6, starting to get annoyed.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they require a CASPER score before sending a secondary? I took mine sort of late and it hasn't been scored yet

Are you OOS? I'm in the same boat. This is literally the only secondary I haven't received out of 32 schools. I added them on AMCAS July 6, starting to get annoyed.
I'm IS. I spoke with an adcom and they're waiting to see my MCAT retake score

I am OOS and still have not received secondary (was verified like very early on) do we think I am just not getting one?

OOS. Primary Verified 08/02. Secondary received 08/05. LM - 70 WARS - 81

Last edited:
OOS secondary received today 8/10. Verified 6/7 😅

Last edited:
MSTP secondary received today. Here we go again!

OOS International secondary received 10/08. Verified 02/07. Keep the hope alive!

I was verified 6/24 and still nothing

• Care
anyone know when they started IIs last year?
According to the interview tracker last year, it looks like the first IIs were sent out 9/4. Admittedly, it's a pretty small sample size compared to the total number of IIs offered, but it's probably the best date we can get.

I was wondering what they meant by “In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why?” on the secondary. Do they mean which areas I can improve on or which area allows for the most growth based on my previous experiences?

Thank you!

I was wondering what they meant by “In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why?” on the secondary. Do they mean which areas I can improve on or which area allows for the most growth based on my previous experiences?

Thank you!
For me, I saw it as which of the three topics, creativity, leadership, and commitment could you see yourself developing further than what you have. Basically it is asking which of these three topics are the "weakest". To answer your question, I went over both which one I can improve on the most and dove into my previous experiences with my "weakest" topic. I said that the one I could work on the most was my leadership. I talked about how I have already done things to get leadership experience in the recent past, but I also briefly mentioned how I can further develop my leadership skills with the opportunities at Colorado.

Has anyone else noticed a delay in Colorado marking Casper scores as "received"? My scores were delivered to other schools last week and I also completed the other two tests 6 days ago, so I would have expected those to have been delivered already since they do not require grading by Altus.

is it too late to submit the secondary in the next few days?