2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I saw that they don't want any more than three letters of recommendation. My letter packet that I'm using for every other school has five letters in it. Does anyone know if it would be ok for me to just submit the packet and let them read whichever three they want? Or should I ask my letter writers to resubmit their letters individually?

I asked the same question - "Thank you for your email and interest in the Chicago Medical School. The letter packet should be fine, there is no way of selecting which three letters to read. It is up to you if you want to submit just three or if you are ok with now knowing which three letters will be read."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1625784397630.png

Is this what everyone else's application checklist looks like? I applied last year and it had more items on it like whether they had received my CASPer score.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how Casper is considered in the admissions process? Like is there a cutoff or is it a very low priority?

This is what mine looks like
Did yall recieve an email about completing your application even though there are check marks next to the supplemental application and MCAT received? I am waiting for a response from RFU but wanted to see if yall got the same email.

Did yall recieve an email about completing your application even though there are check marks next to the supplemental application and MCAT received? I am waiting for a response from RFU but wanted to see if yall got the same email.
I got a file complete email July 7, and I submitted to them July 1

my email took a while to come, I had everything submitted by the end of June and just received a complete email a couple of days ago

Does anyone know if they will waive secondary fees without FAP? I have this essay pretty much ready to submit but I can't because of financials

my email took a while to come, I had everything submitted by the end of June and just received a complete email a couple of days ago
In your application check list how many check marks are there? On my portal there is only 2 (MCAT & Application) is there supposed to be another check mark for LOR?

In your application check list how many check marks are there? On my portal there is only 2 (MCAT & Application) is there supposed to be another check mark for LOR?
mine is the same with only those two, no where to check LOR

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 6 days ago and still have not received a complete email. Anybody else?

It’s been 11 days after submitting, still haven’t received complete email.

• Wow
submitted by secondary 7/9 and received a completion email today!

can anyone else provide updates on when they submitted and when they got the complete email? last time i applied here i submitted july 17th and it wasnt marked completed until september 6th. yes. you read that right. SEPTEMBER.
I submitted July 1, got the complete email July 7

They still haven’t gotten back to me about my completed application. I emailed the admissions committee as well but no response

can anyone else provide updates on when they submitted and when they got the complete email? last time i applied here i submitted july 17th and it wasnt marked completed until september 6th. yes. you read that right. SEPTEMBER.
Submitted 7/1, complete 7/25.

Submitted 7/22, marked complete 7/27!

Just got an email back. This is what they said

"Hello AABC,

Thank you for reaching out to us and your interest in the Chicago Medical School. We are in the process of reviewing the files for all candidates who have applied to our program this cycle. We are checking to make sure that we have received your letters of recommendation, MCAT score from after 2019, Casper score from after May 2021, your supplemental application, and we check your transcripts to see if you have any coursework from outside the United States or Canada that requires third-party evaluations. Please keep an eye on your checklist to see if we need any further materials to review your file."

Seems like there is nothing to do to expedite the process other than checking the portal for additional informations.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Submitted secondary 7/15 and received an email today that it is complete and under review.

submitted secondary 7/17 and received complete email today

Probable because of letters of REC or casper. I submitted and was completed a minute letter because I had everything else in.

Probable because of letters of REC or casper. I submitted and was completed a minute letter because I had everything else in.
Mine says both of those are received so I am curious what is holding it up. I had this happen my last cycle as well and never got a completion email andi submitted mine on the July 12th.

Seems like maybe they send application received emails in waves? Submitted earlier today but haven't heard anything over email.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 5.13.56 PM.png

does anyone else's portal look like this and have any idea what the "NEW Official CASPerp Score" is? Cause idk what that is and its making me worried.

I guess they're manually loading them in and it's taking some time. I did still think that even at schools where Casper scores are manually loaded, secondary portals always include a Casper section though

My portal looks like this and I already received an email confirming my application was completed.
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 4.28.48 PM.png

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone else's portal look like this and have any idea what the "NEW Official CASPerp Score" is? Cause idk what that is and its making me worried.
Hmm mine looks like that too, just with my CASPER marked as received (I took it towards end of June). I don't know what it means by NEW, but I don't think it's a special version of CASPER.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 17.35.32.png

Mine does not include Casper at all and I already got the complete email. Looking back, I am very confused if it is actually complete or not

Reactions: 2 users
Mine does not include Casper at all and I already got the complete email. Looking back, I am very confused if it is actually complete or not
Has anyone asked about the differences in portals? I am not sure how to bring that up lol

After reading multiple people's responses about their portal (which I thought would enlighten me), I'm more confused about how their portal works than I was before I started

Has anyone asked about the differences in portals? I am not sure how to bring that up lol
I have the CASPer and NEW CASPer on mine and I asked what it meant and they just said it was some kind of visual glitch and not to worry...
Maybe someone with no CASPer can ask what theirs means/if they received it?

Reactions: 1 users