2021-2022 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone send a Letter of Intent? Or if you have interacted with the adcom, are they receptive to such a letter?

Anyone send a Letter of Intent? Or if you have interacted with the adcom, are they receptive to such a letter?
In my zoom meeting with the dean, she said they are very receptive to letters of intent, especially later in the cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Chello, withdrawing my application but just want to send well wishes to those who are waiting to hear back. You really got this and I am hoping the best for you all!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone happen to know when the committee meets this month? I'm sending a late LOR update and am curious if it might be too late.

Anyone know if Financial Aid can be negotiated at BUSM? Just got my FA package and she's not cute 🙃 Wondering if I can mention a merit scholarship from another school!

Anyone know if Financial Aid can be negotiated at BUSM? Just got my FA package and she's not cute 🙃 Wondering if I can mention a merit scholarship from another school!
When did you complete your FAFSA and css out of curiosity?

Reactions: 1 user
I think you can try to use another school to get better aid! But how did you know that your FA package came in already?

But how did you know that your FA package came in already?
I also got a notification today that my FA package was ready. Notification is via email telling you to check your financial aid portal.

Has anyone received a scholarship or know if/when they give them? OUTSIDE of the 10k Dean's scholarship in the acceptance letter

Has anyone received a scholarship or know if/when they give them? OUTSIDE of the 10k Dean's scholarship in the acceptance letter
I received a pretty generous need-based scholarship yesterday along with my financial award letter. No merit scholarships for me.

I received a pretty generous need-based scholarship yesterday along with my financial award letter. No merit scholarships for me.
How long did it take from when you were complete submitting your FA stuff? I didn't realize we had to send them our tax documents directly until like last week lol

How long did it take from when you were complete submitting your FA stuff? I didn't realize we had to send them our tax documents directly until like last week lol
I sent my stuff over in December! I’m assuming they didn’t start reviewing in December, so you should probably (hopefully) have a shorter turnaround time haha

Members don't see this ad :)
The email sent out in Jan said decisions in mid march. Hopefully we'll find out this week tho

Is it going to be via phone calls only or will they email as well? Would it be an issue if they call and you don't pick up from being busy?

Is it going to be via phone calls only or will they email as well? Would it be an issue if they call and you don't pick up from being busy?
I was part of the December acceptance wave. I got an email with no call. Seems like the phone call is just something nice that interviewers can do if they would like to!

I was part of the December acceptance wave. I got an email with no call. Seems like the phone call is just something nice that interviewers can do if they would like to!
Do you remember what time the email came out?

anyone getting incredibly anxious waiting to hear back?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Calls usually started going on the first Wednesday in March last year and the year before

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Were all/most of the decisions rolled out on first Wednesday of March in the previous cycles? Or was it spread across a week or so?

Were all/most of the decisions rolled out on first Wednesday of March in the previous cycles? Or was it spread across a week or so?
No iirc only a few calls/emails were made. Most decisions came out on Friday via email/portal update

Congrats! Same...interviewed 12/2 and just got the call from my interviewer. Eeeeeee! Hoping for the best for you all
Interviewed early January and just got the call from my interviewer as well! Has your AMCAS or BU portal updated yet? I'm too nervous to start celebrating until we get tangible confirmation o_O

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
has anyone who was deferred heard back yet?

AHHHH JUST GOT THE A!!!! Interviewed mid-November and my interviewer just emailed me this morning with the news bc they were traveling. Literally was panicking all yesterday. Soooo excited bc this was my top choice!!

Congrats and good luck everyone!

• Love
Interviewed early January and just got the call from my interviewer as well! Has your AMCAS or BU portal updated yet? I'm too nervous to start celebrating until we get tangible confirmation o_O
Congrats! No, they haven't yet, but I think it is safe to celebrate...you got into med school!

• Love
Got the A call ~10 pm est yesterday because my interviewer is on the west coast!! felt so surreal!
Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For others waiting, I never received a call from my interviewer in the first batch, and only found out via e-mail/portal update like 24 hours later

Reactions: 6 users
For others waiting, I never received a call from my interviewer in the first batch, and only found out via e-mail/portal update like 24 hours later
+1
if things go the same way they did for the first wave of A's, I'd expect emails will go out by 5pm tomorrow. Until then, no call doesn't necessarily mean anything

Reactions: 3 users
Do you think deferred updates will be at 5:00 PM tomorrow too? The email and portal say to expect a decision Mid-March. Do they send out their second interview rounds acceptances first, take a week or two, then do the deferrals?

Do you think deferred updates will be at 5:00 PM tomorrow too? The email and portal say to expect a decision Mid-March. Do they send out their second interview rounds acceptances first, take a week or two, then do the deferrals?
I think all decisions come out at the same time

Got the A from my interviewer early this morning via email!!

• Love
Accepted via phone call from my interviewer about an hour ago! Nothing via email yet and I honestly spaced out from excitement about whatever else was said. I interviewed in the very last week.

• Love
A just now via email! Interviewed in late November !!

A!!! Got the email this morning at 8:01am EST. Also included a merit scholarship offer 😮