2021-2022 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R today, finished 8/18. Very sad about this one, I was really hopeful.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Rejected. Complete 08/16. This one really hurt.

• Care
  • Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! So I interviewed in Sep. and I definitely want to send an update letter before the EXCOM meets for the first group of interviews. Our lab is just waiting to hear back from a journal about a recent paper- how long do you guys think I have until I absolutely need to send the letter for it to be included when they review my file? I got an email from them a couple of weeks ago asking for updates- I was figuring I have until mid next week?

Also, does anyone know if people get rejected this time around? Or does anyone who doesnt get the A get pushed to rereview in march?

Thanks!

Rejected. Complete 8/25. LM 72. I wish you all the best!
Sorry to hear that. I'm complete 8/25 so I'll just go ahead and get my red highlighter out so it's ready to go . . .
LM 59 or 77 if you count the last 30 science only (which I have heard a rumor that they might do).

Edit: R at 3:59 EST.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. I'm complete 8/25 so I'll just go ahead and get my red highlighter out so it's ready to go . . .
LM 59 or 77 if you count the last 30 science only (which I have heard a rumor that they might do).
also heard this rumor, no clue about the validity behind it but it's one of the only reasons I applied here as a massive reach lol

Reactions: 1 user
also heard this rumor, no clue about the validity behind it but it's one of the only reasons I applied here as a massive reach lol
Best of luck. I want to see all the reinventors and SMP-crushers get accepted and go on to become great doctors.
Anyways, I should have 1 point of data with sample size=1 to evaluate this rumor soon. I have already taken the cap off my red pen . . .

Edit: R at 3:59 EST.

Last edited:
Best of luck. I want to see all the reinventors and SMP-crushers get accepted and go on to become great doctors.
Anyways, I should have 1 point of data with sample size=1 to evaluate this rumor soon. I have already taken the cap off my red pen . . .
I'll contribute to this study so n=2. The excel spreadsheet has the red paint function turned on.

• Haha
When do we think we should get post-II updates in by this round?

Members don't see this ad :)
When do we think we should get post-II updates in by this round?
I don't know for sure but I'd say by mid-November? I believe that's when they begin to review applicants. Also I was wondering if you guys think we should definitely submit an update since they encouraged them? I did some new things this semester but nothing wow-ing so I don't know if I should announce how underwhelming I have been so far.

When sending additional letters of recommendation, should we have letter writers upload to AMCAS or email directly to BUSM?

Rejected lol rip

4th quartile casper, stats >90th, no ties, L

When sending additional letters of recommendation, should we have letter writers upload to AMCAS or email directly to BUSM?
I emailed them and they said to upload all letters through AMCAS

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know for sure but I'd say by mid-November? I believe that's when they begin to review applicants. Also I was wondering if you guys think we should definitely submit an update since they encouraged them? I did some new things this semester but nothing wow-ing so I don't know if I should announce how underwhelming I have been so far.
What’d you decide on for this? I feel like I haven’t done anything new just continued my gap year activities (already in my app)

R just now, complete end of August, good luck everyone!

• Care
Anybody else completed early September just waiting for the blade to drop lol

I definitely asked this before but I just want to update... is anyone with a July complete date still waiting for a decision? Does anyone know until what month they interview? Thanks in advance.

I definitely asked this before but I just want to update... is anyone with a July complete date still waiting for a decision? Does anyone know until what month they interview? Thanks in advance.
They interview in two rounds: September to November and then December to January. First-round decisions come out around mid-December, and then more IIs get handed out afterwards.

For those of you who have interviewed, did BU release your interviewer name before the interview? Thanks!

Does anyone know what the attire is for the pre-interview faculty address and student panel?

Edit: nevermind, found info on the portal

Last edited:
me too omg... thanks for saying that. have you gotten any update??
if not, I'm wondering if we're just on hold... not cool enough for an invite, but not so far off to reject?
I haven’t heard anything yet. No news is good news I guess!

II today; complete 9/1, ORM, LM 77, WARS 80-84, with strong ties

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
it looks like they go in chronological order... and they're reviewing mid august through early september...
my app was complete 7/28 and still haven't heard anything, so I don't think they are fully going chronologically :( guess nothing at all is better than a rejection...

my app was complete 7/28 and still haven't heard anything, so I don't think they are fully going chronologically :( guess nothing at all is better than a rejection...
I think we are on hold (complete 7/18)

i think going through this and the previous thread, it looks like they mostly go in order. i didn't track and see if anyone waiting months heard back but i'm assuming it's either
1 a hold process -- which honestly, ill take over a rejection at this point :')
or 2 someone has not gotten through the list of applications they're supposed to go through and you and i are just waiting in someone's desk lol

Ooop i sent my thank you note directly to my interviewer not on the portal a while ago. I just saw there is a place for me to put it on the portal, should I add it now?