2021-2022 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we know if Baylor will be pre match heavy or if they’re planning on sending it out first day?

Members don't see this ad.

Can’t predict, as this will be their first year as a TMDSAS school! Last year as an AMCAS school their first offers went out in late November.
But y’all please share any news you get next week!

Reactions: 1 user
Can’t predict, as this will be their first year as a TMDSAS school! Last year as an AMCAS school their first offers went out in late November.
But y’all please share any news you get next week!
I interviewed around a few weeks ago. Would you say a letter of intent is a good idea (if not too late at this point?), or do you think it doesn't really make a difference? Baylor is definitely my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed around a few weeks ago. Would you say a letter of intent is a good idea (if not too late at this point?), or do you think it doesn't really make a difference? Baylor is definitely my top choice.
Letter of intent- maybe later this winter or if you end up on a WL. Too early for it right now since they haven’t made any offers at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we know if Baylor will be pre match heavy or if they’re planning on sending it out first day?
If this is any reassurance, I interviewed last week and they said they probably won't be ready by this week. I think they hinted towards early/mid-November, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck to the late November as before.

Haven't received an interview invite from Baylor, Long, or McGovern yet... You all think it's time to start losing hope?
Yes. You should really start to panic.

No, I'm joking. Same boat as you. The general recommended advice is that you should start worrying about a lack of II if you haven't received any by Thanksgiving. There are a few people saying that this "standard" needs to be pushed back to end of December.

Anyways, you still have around a month or two before you should really start to worry.

Any updates/insight on to when Baylor will start giving out pre-matches?

Any updates/insight on to when Baylor will start giving out pre-matches?
16300598731684de751f2129868bd80604f5f83255_thumbnail_900x.jpg

Allow me to consult my crystal ball....

Okay for real, this is the first year Baylor has been in TMDSAS so there's no past timeline to compare to.
When they were AMCAS the first offers were usually in mid-November, so I'm going to guess the same for this year.
Let's see how it goes!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I know Baylor is pretty transparent about their admissions, so if anyone who has interviewed in the past week can comment on what they've said that'll be greatly appreciated!

I know Baylor is pretty transparent about their admissions, so if anyone who has interviewed in the past week can comment on what they've said that'll be greatly appreciated!
I interviewed today. They said an interview cohort typically is reviewed in the two weeks post interview and put into a ranked list of candidates going back to the first cohort in August. A typical candidate can hear back a month after their interview all the way until April. They do plan on releasing prematches and acceptances, but atm they sound heavily focused on using the match to fill their class. Their timeline doesn’t seem focused on filling up their seats with prematches as fast as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today, praise God!! Definitely a reach school for me seeing as I am OOS-- so I am incredibly grateful for this. But let me say, things will work out as they should. XOXO

Complete 9/7/21

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
II today, praise God!! Definitely a reach school for me seeing as I am OOS-- so I am incredibly grateful for this. But let me say, things will work out as they should. XOXO

Complete 9/7/21
Do you remember what dates were offered?

I interviewed October 8th, and was planning on sending a letter of intent today. Have there been no pre-match offers yet? maybe I should wait to send the LOI?

Last edited:
No prematch offers so far! More time to work on your letter, if needed 💝
Would you say a letter of intent is even worth writing? I don't imagine it means much, but I am wondering if I should write one as well

Would you say a letter of intent is even worth writing? I don't imagine it means much, but I am wondering if I should write one as well
definitely worth it. I believe you can only send one letter of intent, so its basically telling them that they are your top choice and you will matriculate if accepted

definitely worth it. I believe you can only send one letter of intent, so its basically telling them that they are your top choice and you will matriculate if accepted
Ah I was under the suspicion that for TMDSAS schools a letter of intent wasn't really necessary until after the Match when students go on WLs

I think it would seem anxious to send it now before any offers have been made. Wait to see if you get in, or if not send it in December/ January

Yes, you state your intent by ranking a school number 1
Yeah that's what I was assuming, I figured they would know your intent by match day so a letter is unnecessary until then. I'll take your advice and just wait until the match. Hopefully, my ranking is sufficient indication of my intent lol!

Yeah that's what I was assuming, I figured they would know your intent by match day so a letter is unnecessary until then. I'll take your advice and just wait until the match. Hopefully, my ranking is sufficient indication of my intent lol!
I agree probably best to wait, but they can't see your rankings at all so that at least has no bearing

I’m wondering if they’re waiting until late November to make their first decisions like last year

Baylor seems to be the only school to not have sent out prematches yet. Let's cross our fingers we find out soon y'all 🙌 🤞

Reactions: 3 users
Since they didn't seem to have changed their process, I would suspect they are following their standard routine of announcing around thanksgiving - so next weekend or week after.

do you think it's too late to send a pre-II update letter to baylor? I feel like their interview season might be over by now

do you think it's too late to send a pre-II update letter to baylor? I feel like their interview season might be over by now
recent interview invitations were for dates in early December. Only send an update if you have a new and significant addition to your application.

I submitted my thank-you letters through the email they gave us post-interview, but they haven’t shown up in my “documents” tab. Do you think I should manually upload them for the formality of it all?

Do y'all think Baylor will release today or wait till next week?
In past years I think it's been the week of thanksgiving so I'm going to guess next week

but a lot of the TMDSAS schools haven't been following trends of years past so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In past years I think it's been the week of thanksgiving so I'm going to guess next week

but a lot of the TMDSAS schools haven't been following trends of years past so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Baylor just got to TMDSAS but they did not issue any admits to go with the new timelines which means they are staying with their original timelines of admitting some this weekend or next week. Would be shocking if they at least dont stick to their original process since they didnt change.

I’ll add that last year’s SDN page had some great user named Goodma27 post the history of Baylor’s first wave of acceptances. Here is what they found.

“Past acceptance schedule

2016 - November 15, Tuesday, nine days before thanksgiving

2017 - November 21, Tuesday, two days before thanksgiving

2018 - November 19, Monday, three days before thanksgiving

2019 - November 21, Saturday, five days before thanksgiving”

Then 2020 - November 23, Monday, three days before thanksgiving

Reactions: 5 users
I’ll add that last year’s SDN page had some great user named Goodma27 post the history of Baylor’s first wave of acceptances. Here is what they found.

“Past acceptance schedule

2016 - November 15, Tuesday, nine days before thanksgiving

2017 - November 21, Tuesday, two days before thanksgiving

2018 - November 19, Monday, three days before thanksgiving

2019 - November 21, Saturday, five days before thanksgiving”

Then 2020 - November 23, Monday, three days before thanksgiving
Does anyone have an idea of how many pre-matches baylor sends out? like do they send out most acceptances as pre-matches or do they save a lot of them for match day? UTSA said during the interview that they were pre-match light but I wasn't sure about baylor

Does anyone have an idea of how many pre-matches baylor sends out? like do they send out most acceptances as pre-matches or do they save a lot of them for match day? UTSA said during the interview that they were pre-match light but I wasn't sure about baylor
this is baylor's first year in TMDSAS (aka their first year following the match/prematch system) so we don't have any history to go off of

Baylor just joined TMDSAS & the Match system this year, so there is no precedent.

During my interview they said they'd probably be "somewhere in the middle". So not prematch heavy like UTSW but also not like UTSA lol.

Maybe some prematch calls today? Seems like today or tomorrow if they follow the past years

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Welp seems like today's not the day either. It has to be tomorrow then since they haven't done calls the day right before thanksgiving I don't think.

• Care
I’m still holding out hope (gotta factor in time spent freaking out and calling people before hopping on SDN)

• Haha