2020-2021 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I JUST GOT THE CALLL!! I WAS SUCH A MESS ON THE PHONE BUT AHH -- late Nov interview!
Congrats!! Would you be willing to share the date of your late Nov interview?

Members don't see this ad.

What are the odds of them not finishing today and continuing over the weekend or Monday? Also, it seems they went in order of interview date?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the odds of them not finishing today and continuing over the weekend or Monday? Also, it seems they went in order of interview date?
I had emailed them on Tuesday asking if they were on track to release decisions this week. They said that their goal is to communicate decisions that they've made before they go on winter break on 12/22, so there is still a chance people hear back by end of Monday.

I had emailed them on Tuesday asking if they were on track to release decisions this week. They said that their goal is to communicate decisions that they've made before they go on winter break on 12/22, so there is still a chance people hear back by end of Monday.
Sent an email inquiring and got an automated reply saying they were out for winter break =/

Just got the call! Thought I missed the boat yesterday

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
? Some of us enjoy a personal phone call
Eh, I don’t have that strong an opinion on it and I don’t want to derail the thread any further but I think flipping it so the email goes out first would cause a lot less stress. This sucked way less than the BU trashfire last week, I’ll give them that!

Also got the call this morning!
(Edit: interviewed in late October)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Did those who got the call also get an email confirmation or an update on the portal as well?

Did those who got the call also get an email confirmation or an update on the portal as well?
They said an email and portal update would be coming in a couple of days. No change for me yet, I expect it will be on Monday or Tuesday.

Will applicants admitted in the first wave be eligible for the next wave of scholarships in February (which apparently is a thing according to their website)

Members don't see this ad :)
When do we get the email after the call? I was too overwhelmed.
I think I heard Monday?? But I was also too excited to process anything. They also said something about virtual second look information too :O

Reactions: 2 users
I think like November 10? Seems like there is a glitch with their portal . They sent me an email to schedule this end of Jan/early Feb.

Will applicants admitted in the first wave be eligible for the next wave of scholarships in February (which apparently is a thing according to their website)
I am wondering the same thing... I am thinking about emailing them and asking about this after the holidays if noone else has information on this.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I am wondering the same thing... I am thinking about emailing them and asking about this after the holidays if noone else has information on this.

Please keep us updated if you do! I'm curious about this as well

Please keep us updated if you do! I'm curious about this as well
During my interview they said a third of scholarships would be offered during each wave (1/3rd in Dec, 1/3rd in Feb, 1/3rd in March) which it made it sounds like applicants already accepted in Dec wouldn't be offered scholarships in Feb...I am not sure though!

• Sad
During my interview they said a third of scholarships would be offered during each wave (1/3rd in Dec, 1/3rd in Feb, 1/3rd in March) which it made it sounds like applicants already accepted in Dec wouldn't be offered scholarships in Feb...I am not sure though!
This was how it seemed to go in previous years too

I think that if accepted students w/ scholarship offers decline, that would free up scholarship funds to be re-allocated to others that may be interested. Dunno how likely that it is though

I think that if accepted students w/ scholarship offers decline, that would free up scholarship funds to be re-allocated to others that may be interested. Dunno how likely that it is though
In previous threads they explicitly said they didn't do that, but I'm not sure if things have changed for this cycle

TY that gives the rest of us still in the Pre-II stage a little hope! They said in their email they're going to try until end of March-ish, right? :) Congrats on the interview!

The last update I got from them said they are planning to interview "well into" Feb.

If Vandy could deep dive into my application as much as they want me to deep dive into their curriculum, that would be great. /s

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Yup, another set of deep dive series invites this morning. Feels like I'm training to be a scuba diver.

For anyone that uploaded any updates to the portal did you receive a confirmation of receipt or or acknowledgement in any form? Thanks!

Was accepted in December, but wondering if anyone happens to remember/know what day Vanderbilt has their exams?

For anyone that uploaded any updates to the portal did you receive a confirmation of receipt or or acknowledgement in any form? Thanks!
I uploaded my update in the portal and also sent an email to admissions to let them know about the added file. they sent me an email acknowledging they saw it and added it to my application!

Reactions: 1 users
What do u mean - In terms of like the day of the week? or when their next exams are?
What day of the week! A couple of med students in interview days have said this can be an underrated factor when picking a school (like monday vs friday exams)

What day of the week! A couple of med students in interview days have said this can be an underrated factor when picking a school (like monday vs friday exams)
Oh gotcha. I can't remember off the top of my head but I do know that they have take-home quizzes every week due on Sat or Sun.

Is Vanderbilt still sending out IIs? If so, does anyone know how far out they are booking?

Reactions: 3 users
Just when I thought all hope was lost, I got that MSTP II today!! Completed 8/1

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Was anyone able to get into the Diversity Deep Dive session held rn? I clicked on the link, but it still says waiting for the host to start this meeting. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any announcements about it getting cancelled?

Was anyone able to get into the Diversity Deep Dive session held rn? I clicked on the link, but it still says waiting for the host to start this meeting. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any announcements about it getting cancelled?
Same here