2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the WL update email -- Good luck everyone💕
Good luckk !!!Thanks for sharing.
Do you mind also sharing what your interview date was?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if everyone gets the WL update email. I only got the one WL email, 3 weeks after my interview.

I also received the waitlist update email. They just let us know they are beginning to review waitlisted applicants and will start releasing decisions starting May 1st

Reactions: 1 users
Damn I didn't get this email!
Hang tight and maybe double check spam or a different email or something? -- This doesn't seem like an email that's directed only at specific applicants

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hang tight and maybe double check spam or a different email or something? -- This doesn't seem like an email that's directed only at specific applicants
You can also check your application portal - under Status > message center, there should be a copy of all the correspondence UC Davis has sent you.

Just got an email regarding the "UC Consortium for Medical Reappliants" ... trying my best not to see this as foreshadowing of my WL status T.T

You can also check your application portal - under Status > message center, there should be a copy of all the correspondence UC Davis has sent you.
This is perfect. I got the email when I checked the portal. Just didn't get it in my email (or spam folder)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A call today! My only MD acceptance this cycle, so freakin relieved (also still shaking 2 hours later)

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone else received the UC Consortium for Medical School Reapplicants email?

Has anyone else received the UC Consortium for Medical School Reapplicants email?
Sorry, I haven't :/ but if it's from the UC system, perhaps it could be coming from a different school? Is it visible from your portal as well?

Sorry, I haven't :/ but if it's from the UC system, perhaps it could be coming from a different school? Is it visible from your portal as well?
ugh, my nerves ! The email is from UCLA , but the link at the bottom of the flyer is for UC Davis so it's stressing me out.

ugh, my nerves ! The email is from UCLA , but the link at the bottom of the flyer is for UC Davis so it's stressing me out.
Hey! I don't think it has anything to do with your status. I got the email too and I was accepted in December

Off topic, but really quick, is anyone planning on holding more than 1 acceptance after the April 30th date?

Off topic, but really quick, is anyone planning on holding more than 1 acceptance after the April 30th date?
I have multiple acceptances but will be withdrawing from all but one school by the 30th. I will be staying on multiple waitlists though

I have multiple acceptances but will be withdrawing from all but one school by the 30th. I will be staying on multiple waitlists though
I might have to keep 2 acceptances after April 30th. For some reason, one of the schools won't be giving me a financial aid offer until June, which is obviously after 4/30. So I can't really make an informed decision.

I might have to keep 2 acceptances after April 30th. For some reason, one of the schools won't be giving me a financial aid offer until June, which is obviously after 4/30. So I can't really make an informed decision.
You might double check that it’s even possible to do that. Most schools will just withdraw your acceptance if you haven’t “planned to enroll” for their school by the 30th. At least I think that’s how it works.

You might double check that it’s even possible to do that. Most schools will just withdraw your acceptance if you haven’t “planned to enroll” for their school by the 30th. At least I think that’s how it works.
Yeah I called AAMC and the schools in question, and they said that April 30th you should reduce your acceptance to just 1 school. But it is not required. The schools are more concerned with the CTE deadline (at least the schools that I am dealing with).

Do y'all think PTE affects WL chances? I've heard both sides (PTE will make you appear more attractive OR it might make schools shy away from taking you since you already have an A). I've mostly seen that it doesn't change anything but wanted to know your thoughts

Do y'all think PTE affects WL chances? I've heard both sides (PTE will make you appear more attractive OR it might make schools shy away from taking you since you already have an A). I've mostly seen that it doesn't change anything but wanted to know your thoughts
Wow is this a real thing?

Wow is this a real thing?
Yeah there’s been talks of a “strategy” on how to approach PTE but the general consensus is that it won’t change anything and people should just PTE. It’s all mainly speculation/neuroticism/etc

Has anyone from the 4/5 II squad heard anything yet?

Has anyone received interviews for the PRIME programs or ARC-MD?

Has anyone received interviews for the PRIME programs or ARC-MD?
I applied for ARC-MD and haven't heard yet but I also haven't heard back on my interview. II 4/5, so still waiting

Just got placed on the waitlist. Interviewed 4/5. :/

• Care
Welcome to the club my friends. We got this!
Haha thanks!
For all my WL friends, it looks like most of the movement will be in the next 2 weeks. We may also hear about interviews for the scholarly pathways soon even if we're on the WL. Hang in there! There's still lots of hope.

Haha thanks!
For all my WL friends, it looks like most of the movement will be in the next 2 weeks. We may also hear about interviews for the scholarly pathways soon even if we're on the WL. Hang in there! There's still lots of hope.
I heard UC Davis has good WL movement too!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users