2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you send a letter of intent or an update letter since? I can't believe you have been waiting so long thats insane. I interviewed 02/4 and I'm just counting down the days
Yea its definitely insane. I haven't yet, but I'm planning on sending a letter of intent this week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got a hold for interview, does anyone know what that really means? Do they often interview ppl from the hold? Or is it more of a soft r?

Got a hold for interview, does anyone know what that really means? Do they often interview ppl from the hold? Or is it more of a soft r?
Be positive - you're inching towards an interview ! It's a good sign !

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I don't mean to be a pessimistic person, but from lurking in the forums and this thread, the odds of receiving an interview are slim, as the interview season is already over. While SDN is not reflective of all applications, I think I've only seen 2-3 holds becoming interview invitations.

With that being said, if you remain interested in Tulane, I recommend you submit a letter of intent/continued interest. Some SDNers will from upon this, as it's not sure if your letters will be read. But, in my opinion, if the school allows you to upload letters, why not take advantage of it? It will be another contact point and allow the Admissions Committee to learn more about you :)

Just my .02 and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Lol its a huge, frustrating mystery. Some people who interviewed first week of January have already heard back, and than there are people like me. I interviewed November 13th and haven't heard anything yet
I also interviewed 11/12 and haven't heard anything.

I interviewed in January and I was accepted last week. I don't want to be too specific but just want to let people know it's really unpredictable.

• Love
I also interviewed 11/12 and haven't heard anything.
Okay good to know. Apparently there's a bunch of us. I think many people who interviewed after 11/12- December haven't heard anything yet. For some strange reason, we were all passed over and people who interviewed in January heard back first.

Okay good to know. Apparently there's a bunch of us. I think many people who interviewed after 11/12- December haven't heard anything yet. For some strange reason, we were all passed over and people who interviewed in January heard back first.
I'm going to call tomorrow and ask what's going on for the people who interviewed in late November and December cause we are running on 12-14 weeks waiting and they clearly said that they would give us a decision 5-8 weeks after we interviewed. If anyone has called about this recently please share.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm going to call tomorrow and ask what's going on for the people who interviewed in late November and December cause we are running on 12-14 weeks waiting and they clearly said that they would give us a decision 5-8 weeks after we interviewed. If anyone has called about this recently please share.
Thanks so much for doing this, please let us know what they say!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks a lot!!

II yesterday. Yay.
Complete August. Hold for Interview last week. Only one date available 3/11. All the best to all those who await.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now as well. Under review early February.

• Care
Lol just under review today.... feels like they did it just to justify taking my money saying they "Saw" my application

Reactions: 5 users
woohoo! best day of my life wow!! Application is complete and under review!! /s

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
II yesterday. Yay.
Complete August. Hold for Interview last week. Only one date available 3/11. All the best to all those who await.
Wow congrats. You've done the impossible, may have actually taken the last interview spot at the school haha

Reactions: 2 users
For those of us that are still waiting to hear back from November and December, admissions just said that they don't offer admissions in a chronological timeline post interview and that its basically just random. Not a ton of help so I guess we should get comfortable

Reactions: 5 users
For those of us that are still waiting to hear back from November and December, admissions just said that they don't offer admissions in a chronological timeline post interview and that its basically just random. Not a ton of help so I guess we should get comfortable
Lol okay then. I guess probability just wasn't on our side so far, and other apps were reviewed first. Thanks for finding out the info!

Guess I've spoken it into existence, under review today and complete 9/11

On hold for interview today after being put under review 1/12. Complete mid August

For those of us that were just informed that we are now under review, I’m confused. Are there even any interview invites left to give? Why not just give us the R?

For those of us that were just informed that we are now under review, I’m confused. Are there even any interview invites left to give? Why not just give us the R?
I suspect they’re avoiding a Rosalind situation and so sending confirmatory emails to everyone that their application was at least reviewed

Based on recent messages on SDN, there is only 1 interview date remaining (mid-March). When I interviewed in December, there were about 20 interviewees that day. I'm not privileged to know what occurs behind the scenes, but just giving personal anecdotes. Good luck and hope you secure an II!

Based on recent messages on SDN, there is only 1 interview date remaining (mid-March). When I interviewed in December, there were about 20 interviewees that day. I'm not privileged to know what occurs behind the scenes, but just giving personal anecdotes. Good luck and hope you secure an II!
Ahhh yes, false hope. You love to see it.

Congrats! AFTER YOUR interview did you get an email about when ur application went under review or any kind of email
No I didn't! I submitted my secondary 9/13, went under review 9/18 and then got my Il 9/21. I didn't get any correspondence after my interview until getting my acceptance today!

No, they don't email you when your full application is being reviewed. The review process is not chronological either. To quote TUSOM's admissions' policies, "The Admissions Review Committee (ARC) receives a random assignment of 10-12 applications per week of the admissions cycle". So, depending on when your application is reviewed, your decision may or may not come out in the near future.

"We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success."

Can someone explain the above? My application still has a red exclamation point. Does that mean they never assigned it to even a screener? (Applied in November)

"We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success."

Can someone explain the above? My application still has a red exclamation point. Does that mean they never assigned it to even a screener? (Applied in November)
Did you just receive that completion email today??

Yes this means you have not been reviewed. Perhaps you had a rec letter or transcript come in late, but this doesn't make a lot of sense especially if you applied to a bunch of schools?

If our applications are still under review today- does that mean we’re eventually getting the rejection email?

If our applications are still under review today- does that mean we’re eventually getting the rejection email?
Seems pretty likely, unfortunately - I just got the R a couple minutes ago and have been under review for the last few weeks.

Do they hand out decisions (acceptances/rejections/WL) weekly or has it been in batches? Ive been trying to scroll through past comments but it seems there is no pattern

I wonder if they'll make a second pass through on all the people on hold or just go ahead and send the R for everyone

Just got the under review update. Application was complete early September

Do they hand out decisions (acceptances/rejections/WL) weekly or has it been in batches? Ive been trying to scroll through past comments but it seems there is no pattern
It seems like over the past three weeks, at least one person has posted about an acceptance. Considering there are probably a few more out there that are getting acceptances and not posting on sdn about it, I’d say they been sending out weekly acceptances but there hasn’t been any pattern on what day of the week it’s been that they release those decisions. Oddly enough haven’t heard of any people saying they have gotten WL in a while

Pre-IIR. OOS. Complete in September, under review in January

I wonder how many seats are available too since it is the end of the season, but Ive heard from current students that there is a lot of WL movement in May. I doubt that the scandal could have had that big of an effect on admissions considering the application pool. It does make me scared going forward about the program, I would have never gotten that vibe from TUSOM, it seems like such an inclusive community but the hype around it has died down, I hope there will be change at the instuition following what occured.

Just got put on hold for II today...seems super late in the cycle for this lol