2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes this means you have not been reviewed. Perhaps you had a rec letter or transcript come in late, but this doesn't make a lot of sense especially if you applied to a bunch of schools?
Hmm, that’s odd then. Other schools I applied to haven’t had any issues on that front. I’m ok with withdrawing but it doesn’t seem fair if it hasn’t even been reviewed given the app fee.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you just receive that completion email today??
No, it came the day after I submitted my secondary. I originally thought that email meant it automatically went to a screener, but reading it over I don’t think that the case anymore.

For those of you who sent in a letter of intent, did y'all just update it to the portal? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how many seats are available too since it is the end of the season, but Ive heard from current students that there is a lot of WL movement in May. I doubt that the scandal could have had that big of an effect on admissions considering the application pool. It does make me scared going forward about the program, I would have never gotten that vibe from TUSOM, it seems like such an inclusive community but the hype around it has died down, I hope there will be change at the instuition following what occured.
Tulane like every other school overaccepts. For them, I think they do it by a good bit because they know so many people will go elsewhere cause of COA (around 100k 1st year). However, last year, they sent an email to all of us on the waitlist that there was significantly less movement than previous years so it’s a mixed bag. With COVID, everything is a little... off.

by the scandal, Tulane was more hurt in the residency pool than the med school pool. You’re right, they have too many apps to be significant hurt by them, but I know some people that dropped Tulane from their ranking because of the incident. The “hype” around it has died down significantly, but not within the school.

Reactions: 1 user
do you guys think its worth sending an update letter here if we're not even under review yet lol. thinking no but wanted to ask. thanks!

do you guys think its worth sending an update letter here if we're not even under review yet lol. thinking no but wanted to ask. thanks!

You could. Worse that can happen is that you send it and no one reads it. But, if you don't send it, definitely no one will read it. I always say that if the school offers it, send one periodically to show continued interest in the school :)

Reactions: 1 users
II today. Under Review 9/21/20. Hold for II 12/15/20. Super excited this is my top choice!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Whos still not under review? Bc I am not 🥲

II today. Under Review 9/21/20. Hold for II 12/15/20. Super excited this is my top choice!!!!!
Congrats!!! Just wondering, Would you be comfortable sharing what time of day you received ur II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email for hold for possible interview this morning, submitted in august and put under review in jan

under review this morning...probably just initial set up for the pre-II R slam dunk when they send the wave

Reactions: 2 users
congrats! Quick question if you don't mind. Did you send an update letter any-time in between?

congrats! Quick question if you don't mind. Did you send an update letter any-time in between?
Yeah I sent a couple actually. ALWAYS shoot your shot you never know 🙏🏽

Pre-II R! After 2 months of “hold for possible interview”. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
My day has come...I'm finally under review!!! Complete in mid-Sept

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
also finally under review, complete early sept hahahaha probably just got this email so they can reject me soon

• Care
Hold for interview this morning, complete 8/29, under review 1/23

"If you do not receive an invite by the first week of March, our slots are full and you will receive a rejection letter"

The above is from the Tulane website . Why do they put applicant under hold category now ? March 1st week will end in another couple of days . Mine is on hold for 2 months and sure Tulane will send rejection next week .

• Sad
"If you do not receive an invite by the first week of March, our slots are full and you will receive a rejection letter"

The above is from the Tulane website . Why do they put applicant under hold category now ? March 1st week will end in another couple of days . Mine is on hold for 2 months and sure Tulane will send rejection next week .
Wondering the same. On hold for II for about a month now

I've been on hold since October. It's possible but unlikely we'll hear anything

I've been on hold since October. It's possible but unlikely we'll hear anything
On hold since September here....just waiting for the R at this point

• Care
Pre-II R! After 2 months of “hold for possible interview”. Good luck everyone!
Two months hold for interview...That is sad and cruel. I am pretty sure you will secure a spot in your desired line MD/DO and do well and be a successful caregiver...Chin Up

lmao so them putting me "under review" yesterday means they're not even going to review my app?...I wasn't hopeful at this point at all, already counted it as an R, but it just feels shady taking my money and "reviewing" me when there're no interview slots left

lmao so them putting me "under review" yesterday means they're not even going to review my app?...I wasn't hopeful at this point at all, already counted it as an R, but it just feels shady taking my money and "reviewing" me when there're no interview slots left
at least they gave you something I haven’t even been put under review 🥲 feels like a phat waste of money

• Sad

This was from the pre-pandemic times. So, since everything is pushed back due to COVID-19, the 1st week of March deadline may not apply this year. I'm just speculating; no credible sources aside from my own train of thought.

This was from the pre-pandemic times. So, since everything is pushed back due to COVID-19, the 1st week of March deadline may not apply this year. I'm just speculating; no credible sources aside from my own train of thought.
I’d imagine it is since they have an interview date the second week of March!

I wonder if those who interviewed 2/04 will hear back today. Those who interviewed 1/8 heard back on 2/8

This is validating because I interviewed 2/4 and have been refreshing my email like a mad woman
+1, I check SDN every 30 minutes to see if anyone has heard back. However most people who get a decision hear back around 3/4 pm EST.