2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the "Secondary Application Complete" email, they say this "Selected applicants will be invited to interview between September and March.", so hopefully they will begin rolling in soon.
Did you get an email marking your secondary complete? I got the secondary 7/17, submitted for the MSTP 8/3, and got my secondary complete email same day (8/3).

Looks like at least for their MD-PhD, interviews don't start until Nov 10; not sure when they started last year, but I think things are definitely delayed by 2+ weeks across admissions.

Good look. Yeah I got the complete email a minute or so after submitting my secondary. I just checked my Status on the Secondary Portal and it says "Your Application is Ready!"

But I am glad they aint deciding until some time this month and onward because I am still working on 20+ secondaries :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!! First one of the cycle. Reapplicant. 3.98 522 OOS ORM

Reactions: 7 users
II!! 3.83 GPA, 513 MCAT, IS, ORM - complete 7/17

Reactions: 6 users
any maine track II yet? or are these all for boston campus

Reactions: 1 user
II, OOS, first one! Literally in tears! URM, non-trad, PM for stats; complete 7/17

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
II - complete 7/22, OOS!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
are these rolling in over time? or did everyone get them at like 10:30 or something?

are these rolling in over time? or did everyone get them at like 10:30 or something?
Idk how much over time they were/are, but people had definitely posted they got II's about 45mins before I got my email, so they didn't all go out at once or something.

Reactions: 1 users
II received: OOS - no ties, 515, 3.81, Complete 7/22. Scheduled for the end of October because you guys are fast lol

also scheduled for 9/16! its really nice that they have a few zoom info sessions before the interview!
by Zoom info sessions, are you talking about the pre-recorded sessions in the portal, or something else? just didn't wanna miss something :)

by Zoom info sessions, are you talking about the pre-recorded sessions in the portal, or something else? just didn't wanna miss something :)
I'm talking about the 10:30am - 12:45pm "virtual interview day" that takes place the morning of our scheduled interviews (on the Boston Interview page tab) ! The pre-recorded sessions are also a nice touch though :)

I'm talking about the 10:30am - 12:45pm "virtual interview day" that takes place the morning of our scheduled interviews (on the Boston Interview page tab) ! The pre-recorded sessions are also a nice touch though :)
ahhh yes I see, thank you!!

its throwing me off that tufts makes the diversity prompt optional. is everyone treating it as a typical diversity essay? not necessarily about demographics?

its throwing me off that tufts makes the diversity prompt optional. is everyone treating it as a typical diversity essay? not necessarily about demographics?
I treated it like normal diversity essay b/c my demographics are boring. Worked for me

I treated it like normal diversity essay b/c my demographics are boring. Worked for me
follow up- for the covid-19 prompt- did you just focus on your activities being impacted or reflected on pandemic itself? I had no significant impact but am working in healthcare in a poor rural community and wanted to use it as a reflection

follow up- for the covid-19 prompt- did you just focus on your activities being impacted or reflected on pandemic itself? I had no significant impact but am working in healthcare in a poor rural community and wanted to use it as a reflection
I only wrote like 400 characters. One sentence for which of my meaningful activities ended. The next two for what I did in response to COVID to help others. In your case, you could probably talk about your job in healthcare!

Did anyone with a 9/16 interview get any information about accessing the interview? It said we'd get the Zoom link a week before the interview (which was yesterday).

Just received their secondary. OOS RD. Here are the prompts:

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine? (If yes, 1000 characters)

2. Please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. Include in this explanation if you will be a student, working, conducting research, volunteering, etc. (1000 characters)

3. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine? (If yes, 1000 characters)

4. Given how the COVID-19 pandemic has altered the world this year, please contextualize how your experiences have been affected which might include your personal, professional and educational journey. (1000 characters)

5. Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s).

(If yes, 1000 characters)

6. Did you take any leaves of absence or significant breaks from your undergraduate education? (Do not include time off after graduation.)
(If yes, 1000 characters)
did anyone use #1 for a why tufts essay? if not, what else did you write about?

wasn’t able to secure an interview september and october so settled for november, based on past do you guys think november interviewers will be at a disadvantage? not sure how the cycle works...

For people who got II how far out are they scheduling? I still havnt gotten one so wonder how long they will be sending invitations. Hoping to get one soon!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone with a 9/16 interview get any information about accessing the interview? It said we'd get the Zoom link a week before the interview (which was yesterday).
+ 1 did anyone receive a follow up email?

wasn’t able to secure an interview september and october so settled for november, based on past do you guys think november interviewers will be at a disadvantage? not sure how the cycle works...

This early in the invite schedule there is no way that a date they offer you is a disadvantage. This cycle is different to the rest and everything has been shifted at least one month so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Plus I think the offer date is a bit more important and a september offer is stellar.

My friend interviewed last cycle at 10 schools solely dec-jan (rolling and not) and got in just fine to 90% of them.

Reactions: 6 users
Any current Tufts students that could provide some information about the school and your experiences? Definitely harder to get a feel of the school without having the ability to physically be there for interview day!

Reactions: 3 users
II at around 6:30 pm for the Maine Track.
Complete 7/19/2020
ORM
OOS, but still New England
Not from a rural background
LM 67

Let us know what they say! @puppers97

emailed them about not receiving the link and then shortly after I received the zoom links! Not sure if it was a coincidence or not! If you havent gotten yours I recommend emailing though