2020-2021 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
File complete email today. To those who received IIs, how long did it take between the “file complete” email and the II? :)

It was about a month for me- complete end of August and II beginning of October

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm trying to figure out how much time to take off of work for my interview date. How long did it run for most people? I know it starts at 10am (PST) but i haven't heard about and end time or schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to figure out how much time to take off of work for my interview date. How long did it run for most people? I know it starts at 10am (PST) but i haven't heard about and end time or schedule.
9-2 PST

Interesting. My day started at 9 PST.

You should get an interview schedule as the day gets closer to confirm.

Is there a thread for those who have been accepted and are planning to attend?

Hello! I was complete over a month ago and still have not received a secondary here!

Do they usually take a while to send secondaries?

Hello! I was complete over a month ago and still have not received a secondary here!

Do they usually take a while to send secondaries?
They do. I think what happened with me, however, was I emailed them and got it right away

Just got an ll!! :)
OOS, 512, 4.0
secondary sent in 9/3/20

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they offer a waiver for secondary app? I asked for the code a week now but no replies

Does anyone know if they offer a waiver for secondary app? I asked for the code a week now but no replies
Yes they do give a code unique per student. If you don't hear anything after 7 business days I would probably just call them. They for sure offer it.

• Love
argh I just finished writing the secondary for this school, but I saw earlier in the thread that the instructions meant that all the questions under the 250 and 500 word headings should be under that word limit??? Would it be bad if I just submitted the two 250 and two 500 word essays I wrote :(

argh I just finished writing the secondary for this school, but I saw earlier in the thread that the instructions meant that all the questions under the 250 and 500 word headings should be under that word limit??? Would it be bad if I just submitted the two 250 and two 500 word essays I wrote :(
I'm just another applicant but I think it would. You want to show that you are capable of following the school's instruction while completing your application.

For folks who have already interviewed, did you get a schedule ahead of time? Mine's tomorrow and I haven't gotten anything besides the zoom link

For folks who have already interviewed, did you get a schedule ahead of time? Mine's tomorrow and I haven't gotten anything besides the zoom link
Yes, I think in the email where they confirm your interview, there's an attachment with a schedule

Yes, I think in the email where they confirm your interview, there's an attachment with a schedule
I am also interviewing tomorrow and haven't received a schedule. For those of you who have interviewed could you provide us with at least a rough idea of what to expect?

Hmmm interesting. I got the confirmation email but just double checked and there's nothing attached.

I am also interviewing tomorrow and haven't received a schedule. For those of you who have interviewed could you provide us with at least a rough idea of what to expect?

Day starts off with Dean's welcome and intro to curriculum etc. Then presentation on DO/MPH pathway. Next session includes overview of financial aid and then finally the interview. After the interview, there's Q/A session and wrap-up

Day starts off with Dean's welcome and intro to curriculum etc. Then presentation on DO/MPH pathway. Next session includes overview of financial aid and then finally the interview. After the interview, there's Q/A session and wrap-up
Thank you for this! Is there allotted lunch time? And if so what time is the lunch and is it before or after the interview? (I know this is oddly specific, I just have a roommate I'm kicking out for the day and need to tell her when she's allowed to come in haha)

Thank you for this! Is there allotted lunch time? And if so what time is the lunch and is it before or after the interview? (I know this is oddly specific, I just have a roommate I'm kicking out for the day and need to tell her when she's allowed to come in haha)
Lunch was 30 minutes, right before the interview.

II (OOS) a little nervous about the interview format honestly. Are you all asked one question and whoever answers first is the only one who answers it? Never had this before. Good luck everyone!

II (OOS) a little nervous about the interview format honestly. Are you all asked one question and whoever answers first is the only one who answers it? Never had this before. Good luck everyone!
Nope! Each person is asked different questions individually

Has anyone had an issue with not being able to schedule an interview because no one is answering the phone ?

Has anyone had an issue with not being able to schedule an interview because no one is answering the phone ?
I left a message and was called back the next business day.

Interview tomorrow morning! Excited to learn about the school

good luck!!!

Thank you! I’m on break rn. The dean’s presentation was awesome. There is 2 more hours of presentations though, hope my coffee doesn’t wear off too much by the time my interview comes around lol

• Love
Thank you! I’m on break rn. The dean’s presentation was awesome. There is 2 more hours of presentations though, hope my coffee doesn’t wear off too much by the time my interview comes around lol
Haha, I think they keep it engaging. Everyone is super nice. You'll be awesome!

Don't be nervous! Everyone was really nice and the interview portion was chill. Plus you get to sit at home with a blanket on your lap and tea and snacks which helps :)

Got the email. Accepted today, OOS. Interviewed 10/13

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got the acceptance today at 2pm PST. IS, Interviewed 10/26. However, I will be turning it down so I hope the spot goes to one of you very soon!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Interviewed Oct 26, IS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey anyone, is casper required for TUCOM? Also, how long after your secondary submitted did you receive an interview invite? I'd appreciate your help!

Last edited:
Hey anyone, is casper required for TUCOM? Also, how long after your secondary submitted did you receive an interview invite? I'd appreciate your help!

You could just check their website to see what they require. Also I don't think there is a set amount of time before you get an interview, its pretty random.

No Casper required :)

I received an acceptance to TUCOM-CA last Friday, and I was wondering whether or not I should pay the $2000 non-refundable deposit. I am not sure whether I will receive interviews let alone acceptances from other schools later on, and thus I am having trouble deciding whether or not to pay the deposit. It's a lot of money. Any thoughts from those who have been accepted as well?

I received an acceptance to TUCOM-CA last Friday, and I was wondering whether or not I should pay the $2000 non-refundable deposit. I am not sure whether I will receive interviews let alone acceptances from other schools later on, and thus I am having trouble deciding whether or not to pay the deposit. It's a lot of money. Any thoughts from those who have been accepted as well?
I paid the deposit even though I am not 100% committed to this school. It is a lot of money.. but if this is your best option so far, think of it as insurance. It's better to be certain you secured a spot for next year than to risk it since you're not even sure you'll get accepted elsewhere. Just my two cents. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
I paid the deposit even though I am not 100% committed to this school. It is a lot of money.. but if this is your best option so far, think of it as insurance. It's better to be certain you secured a spot for next year than to risk it since you're not even sure you'll get accepted elsewhere. Just my two cents. Hope this helps!

I agree with this. I am also going to pay my deposit but still have an MD interview and 2 more DO interviews lined up that I haven’t attended yet. Knowing that I have a spot secured at a great school will probably take the edge off at the rest of my interviews which should be nice

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,
Has anybody had luck with emailing them because you did not receive a secondary nor a rejection within ~6 weeks of submitting your primary application?

Do you have to keep your camera on for the whole schedule from 9-2 over the interview or just when is time to interview?

Do you have to keep your camera on for the whole schedule from 9-2 over the interview or just when is time to interview?
I interviewed Tuesday and I had to keep it on the whole day, but you turn it off during breaks

Last edited: