2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
True, but what about canned cheese like Spray cheese or similar? Surely that has boundaries.

If loving spray cheese is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
All I have to say is, you know you've neglected your applicants for too long when your SDN page devolves into a discussion about spray cheese.

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Have they given a clue to when they are going to start sending them out!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cheese gives me the runs, but goat cheese goes in.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I love this change in topic. I love sharp parmasean cheese

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
on the topic of basically turning this forum into a charcuterie board, i do enjoy some prosciutto and salami along with a good bold cheddar

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
If you like a good Swiss, try some jarlsberg. Little nuttier than Swiss and melts well

Y'all discussing some fancy ass cheese when only cheese I know is cheddar, mozzarella, and American (debatable if you call this cheese or not)

Edit: If Toledo rejects me, I am gonna be hella petty and send them cheese

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
You
Y'all discussing some fancy ass cheese when only cheese I know is cheddar, mozzarella, and American (debatable if you call this cheese or not)

Edit: If Toledo rejects me, I am gonna be hella petty and send them cheese
You gotta go to go on a pilgrimage to Wisconsin. It’ll change your life

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
You

You gotta go to go on a pilgrimage to Wisconsin. It’ll change your life

LOL I really should. I am sheltered and uncultured Californian boi. Only states I have been to are California, Neveda, and Texas (born there but yeeted out there when I was two months old and haven't been back since)

If I/we all get accepted to Toledo, I think my first order of business needs to be organizing a Wine and Cheese night two days before the semester starts.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users
i love how all this cheese talk started with a comment i made about cheese and wisconsin. keep it going fam! and my favorite is american cheese. classic yellow slab of gooeyness

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
i love how all this cheese talk started with a comment i made about cheese and wisconsin. keep it going fam! and my favorite is american cheese. classic yellow slab of gooeyness
FDA says American cheese is not cheese though. Has anyone had poutine and cheese curds? I never had it but at this rate, I'mma go to Canada just for some french fries covered in gravy. If I get accepted, I will bring some wine from Napa Valley to wine/cheese night lol

I'm lactose but I'll eat cheese if that means getting accepted

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
FDA says American cheese is not cheese though. Has anyone had poutine and cheese curds? I never had it but at this rate, I'mma go to Canada just for some french fries covered in gravy. If I get accepted, I will bring some wine from Napa Valley to wine/cheese night lol

Had some poutine with russian borscht gravy and lamb, called the Vladimir Poutine. It was so good.

Reactions: 1 user
My family's originally from Canada so yes I've had poutine and cheese curds lol. The best way to have it is also to have them with gravy. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I know we discussed favorite cheeses but if we're going to plan this party correctly what are your favorite wines? Red, white, rose, sparkling?

I know we discussed favorite cheeses but if we're going to plan this party correctly what are your favorite wines? Red, white, rose, sparkling?
Gotta be a good Pinot Noir or Cab. Can’t stand sweet wines. Also depends on what you’re eating with it.

generally, wintertime: red, pinot noir. Spring/fall: white, pinot grigio or sauv blanc, special occasions and brunch purposes: sparkling. summer: dry rose

Reactions: 3 users
Gotta be a good Pinot Noir or Cab. Can’t stand sweet wines. Also depends on what you’re eating with it.

Agreed on the sweet wine. Pinot and Cab Sav would be great with some robust cheeses. I'd add in a Petit Syrah to the list of reds to have at the table. But lighter cheeses would go really well with a Sav Blanc, or a Chenin Blanc. These are white, but not sweet at all. Of course, these things vary from season to season and location to location.

NY-Cheesecake.jpg
How do people feel about cheesecake?

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
I accidentally clicked on this thread instead of Tulane, but I'm not disappointed. Lotza mozza here

• Haha
I feel like this thread is going to go insane when someone posts the first interview LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Can't stand Cheesecake. You all can have mine. I'll stick with German Chocolate.

I make stuffed strawberries with marscapone filling and dipped in dark chocolate. Da. Bomb.

Okay guys back to the serious questions.
Does Toledo have a beer and cheese festival?

• Haha