2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok so since my joke has gone viral on the internet, and by internet I mean the utoledo 2021 sdn thread, serious question, Did anyone email admissions? because when I did , they said they're are almost done reviewing and are going to send out IIs VERY soon. This isn't too specific so maybe someone else had had a chance to call or email them?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
ok so since my joke has gone viral on the internet, and by internet I mean the utoledo 2021 sdn thread, serious question, Did anyone email admissions? because when I did , they said they're are almost done reviewing and are going to send out IIs VERY soon. This isn't too specific so maybe someone else had had a chance to call or email them?
Can I know what joke was it....I'm new so kinda missed it.
Nvm, just got it, the joke was separated by page

Reactions: 1 user
Can I know what joke was it....I'm new so kinda missed it.
Nvm, just got it, the joke was separated by page

yea, the joke is me thinking that Toledo was going to start sending interview invites two months ago

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Emailed admissions today and they told me that they have not sent out interview invites yet, with the reason stated that they were sorting out their virtual interview platform. Also said they are going to notify applicants when they have it sorted it out

Reactions: 9 users
Did anyone have to explain a low MCAT/GPA on the secondary?

I don't know how to fill 600 words for this simple question...
I just read slow, so I got a 123 on CARS... (total score 507)

Maybe this is why I got a low CARS score lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
For question #1, when it says to clearly indicate which of the six domains you are responding to, did you guys actually start of the essay by saying "I'm responding to f (interacting effectively with people from diverse backgrounds"? And then commence writing your essay?

For question #1, when it says to clearly indicate which of the six domains you are responding to, did you guys actually start of the essay by saying "I'm responding to f (interacting effectively with people from diverse backgrounds"? And then commence writing your essay?
I actually did have a sentence at the beginning saying that, I thought it might be overkill but I was worried they wouldn't be able to tell which prompt I was responding to and I think the instructions said to clearly indicate the prompt you chose

I actually did have a sentence at the beginning saying that, I thought it might be overkill but I was worried they wouldn't be able to tell which prompt I was responding to and I think the instructions said to clearly indicate the prompt you chose
I also started with a sentence stating which prompt I was responding to.

Did anyone have to explain a low MCAT/GPA on the secondary?

I don't know how to fill 600 words for this simple question...
I just read slow, so I got a 123 on CARS... (total score 507)

Maybe this is why I got a low CARS score lol
don't think of the limit as what you should strive for. As long as you effectively explain your case you should be fine.

Is this school still worth applying to OOS (PA)? Does anyone know approx how fast their review process has been going?

Is this school still worth applying to OOS (PA)? Does anyone know approx how fast their review process has been going?
I would say yes, especially since they haven’t send any II yet. But do consider, this is IS heavy school, but if your mission aligns with theirs, than go for it.

October 1 and no interviews, I’m pretty amazed by that tbh.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there guys. Our IIs are coming soon in a nice envelop.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Toledo, FAU, Stanford, Meharry, and Seton Hall. We've made it to the final five of last schools to not send out any II's. As long as Toledo doesn't decide to just scrap their virtual interview platform and try zoom interviews like a normal school I think they have a reasonable chance of winning the title.

Reactions: 9 users
Toledo, FAU, Stanford, Meharry, and Seton Hall. We've made it to the final five of last schools to not send out any II's. As long as Toledo doesn't decide to just scrap their virtual interview platform and try zoom interviews like a normal school I think they have a reasonable chance of winning the title.

i applied to 3/5 of those schools, love that

• Care
people on this frickin toledo thread, pls don't post until u get II lmaooooo. Every time i get an alert for toledo thread my heart stops and thinks that someone finally got a II from this school. im just kidding but yea

Reactions: 6 users
From what I can tell Toledo is now going to be the last school to sent out IIs. Anyone emailed them lately, I did but that was now 3 weeks ago...

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
yea they sent an email back saying that by May of 2021, they will maybe possibly start reviewing secondary applications

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 16 users
So many people are going to already be committed to a medical school by the time II are sent out lol

has anyone emailed them recently???
I did send them an email again, and they said they hope to have the interview system finished by the end of the month and then send out IIs in the first couple weeks of November

Reactions: 10 users
So many people are going to already be committed to a medical school by the time II are sent out lol
Yeah this is a total nightmare for them. It definitely will change their class profile. I am going to guess that their average stats will probably be a little lower than normal for them this cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
I did send them an email again, and they said they hope to have the interview system finished by the end of the month and then send out IIs in the first couple weeks of November
That's astonishing to me. Have they never heard of Zoom breakout rooms? This interview system is really gonna be worth delaying sending interviews for four months compared to previous cycles?

when I clicked the "jump to new" button, I was ready to like all the posts with IIs but guess not. Will be back again!

I wonder why they haven't sent out any Rs. If they plan to send out IIs the first weeks of Nov, I am sure they already have processed enough apps to know who they want to interview and who they dont.

yea they sent an email back saying that by May of 2021, they will maybe possibly start reviewing secondary applications
I wont mind waiting that long if that means they will just send me an A lol.

I wonder why they haven't sent out any Rs. If they plan to send out IIs the first weeks of Nov, I am sure they already have processed enough apps to know who they want to interview and who they dont.
I am guessing they know they are in trouble by dragging II. So, they are gonna hold us like fish in aquarium and see who looks fresh and hot after so many applicants already snatched by other schools

Yeah this is a total nightmare for them. It definitely will change their class profile. I am going to guess that their average stats will probably be a little lower than normal for them this cycle.
Well this just sounds like it’s my time to shine. Toledo here I am, no acceptances in sight! As long as you need, I’ll wait for you❤️

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users
Toledo's inability to come up with an interview solution is quite embarrassing. Surely they have known since March that online interviews would be required for this cycle. Being the last school, with what still seems like weeks to go, is not a good look. I was born in Toledo and worked near the city for a time during my undergraduate studies. Toledo has always been near the top of my list of places I would wish to go. This fiasco definitely tarnishes my desire a bit. It makes me question the heads of the school and those who make meaningful decisions. I hope they get on track here soon.

Toledo's inability to come up with an interview solution is quite embarrassing. Surely they have known since March that online interviews would be required for this cycle. Being the last school, with what still seems like weeks to go, is not a good look. I was born in Toledo and worked near the city for a time during my undergraduate studies. Toledo has always been near the top of my list of places I would wish to go. This fiasco definitely tarnishes my desire a bit. It makes me question the heads of the school and those who make meaningful decisions. I hope they get on track here soon.
Agreed. I was talking to some of the current students and even they are annoyed at the way this makes their school look. You'd think at least think they could hand out rejections and/or say "We're interviewing you but you but you can't schedule it yet". Even if they can't figure out zoom breakout rooms for their MMI's, god forbid they just do traditional interviews for the one cycle during a global pandemic. Not to be overly dramatic, but there are definitely going to be some applicants who will have spent an absurd amount of stress, time, and money reapplying by the time Toledo finally gets around to accepting them in the summer.

they honestly could take 5 mins to write a few sentences to the applicants to keep us in the loop. /: idk

they honestly could take 5 mins to write a few sentences to the applicants to keep us in the loop. /: idk

agreed but at this point I need all the help I can get so if more competitive ppl have already committed to other schools I'm not mad about that lol

Reactions: 8 users
Since we're all just kind of chilling in here, are there any current students who would like to talk about the program? Their thoughts about residency options? Favorite cheese?

Since we're all just kind of chilling in here, are there any current students who would like to talk about the program? Their thoughts about residency options? Favorite cheese?
i thought toledo was in ohio not wisconsin

• Haha
i thought toledo was in ohio not wisconsin

Toledo is in Ohio. I'm assuming (I don't live there but have some family that do) that cheese is important to most Ohio citizens that and tires (Goodyear) :).