2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!! Did you send them an update or anything?? Also, when were you complete?
Thank you! I didn’t send them anything. I was complete the first week of November.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there an accepted group me or facebook for class of 2025?

Is class attendance mandatory at this school? And does anyone know where to find a block schedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last I heard, there was an interim dean or something and they had removed mandatory attendance.

From what I heard, a new dean is at the school. Can any current students speak on whether not attendance is mandatory and if there is dedicated board studying time?

From what I heard, a new dean is at the school. Can any current students speak on whether not attendance is mandatory and if there is dedicated board studying time?
Note my comment above about attendance. There has been a major overhaul of the curriculum in order to align with the Philly campus and with that there should be dedicated time now in the schedule. The current 2nd year schedule is different form the 1st year due to these changes, but I have heard the current 1st years will be getting 4-6 weeks of dedicated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a current student. When I was going through the application process I remember seeing posts like the one I am typing now and saying "oh i'm sure he/she just didn't do well or oh he/she is over exaggerating". I used to brush off the bad comments. I'll say this once. Do not attend this school. People usually follow it up with "unless you don't get in anywhere else". Well I am saying do not go to this school even if it's your only option. You will be miserable. This school has no organization, no leadership, and many times you are left with a very sketchy feeling of "how did this school even get accredited in the first place". It has been so sad going to school here. Hopefully this post will help others. If you really care and want to do medicine and this is the only school you are accepted to I beg of you to not attend, boost your resume or test scores and go somewhere else. This place will make you not want to become a doctor anymore.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I am a current student. When I was going through the application process I remember seeing posts like the one I am typing now and saying "oh i'm sure he/she just didn't do well or oh he/she is over exaggerating". I used to brush off the bad comments. I'll say this once. Do not attend this school. People usually follow it up with "unless you don't get in anywhere else". Well I am saying do not go to this school even if it's your only option. You will be miserable. This school has no organization, no leadership, and many times you are left with a very sketchy feeling of "how did this school even get accredited in the first place". It has been so sad going to school here. Hopefully this post will help others. If you really care and want to do medicine and this is the only school you are accepted to I beg of you to not attend, boost your resume or test scores and go somewhere else. This place will make you not want to become a doctor anymore.
You can't say stuff like this without offering why. I'm not trying to discredit it you, but multiple people have come out against this school before on SDN, and it turns out they were just the minority. To say don't come here even if its your only acceptance seems absolutely outrageous, especially without any details. It seems like this school has issues like a lot of other DO schools, hopefully the new dean will make improvements for the better. I'm going to take everything you said with a grain of salt, unless you can convince me otherwise

Reactions: 4 users
You can't say stuff like this without offering why. I'm not trying to discredit it you, but multiple people have come out against this school before on SDN, and it turns out they were just the minority. To say don't come here even if its your only acceptance seems absolutely outrageous, especially without any details. It seems like this school has issues like a lot of other DO schools, hopefully the new dean will make improvements for the better. I'm going to take everything you said with a grain of salt, unless you can convince me otherwise
I truly don't have time to type all the things wrong with the school. Good luck, I am not saying you won't do well. You will become a doctor, but you will also be treated like crap from the administration. So just buckle up that is all i am saying. We started with 145 students and now only have 120.. again good luck I wish you the best. We have been through 3 deans and every time we keep saying "oh maybe this dean will help us" to no avail... hopefully things will change but i highly doubt that they will.

I truly don't have time to type all the things wrong with the school. Good luck, I am not saying you won't do well. You will become a doctor, but you will also be treated like crap from the administration. So just buckle up that is all i am saying. We started with 145 students and now only have 120.. again good luck I wish you the best. We have been through 3 deans and every time we keep saying "oh maybe this dean will help us" to no avail... hopefully things will change but i highly doubt that they will.
Would you be kind enough to take some time and type out a few things you believe are wrong with the school?

Just a reminder, I'm a current student and happy to answer questions/concerns in my DMs.

Can you send me an interview
Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office
That's as close as I can get

• Care
  • Haha
  • Love
Interviewed on 1/11 and waitlisted as of 2/10. Fingers crossed 😬

Any current students know if there is good waitlist movement at this school? I interviewed in November and was put on the waitlist a week after.

Any current students know if there is good waitlist movement at this school? I interviewed in November and was put on the waitlist a week after.
Yeah, usually some movement, especially around the big money deadline in April or May when people can only have 1 seat.

i got pulled off the waitlist in Jan after interviewing/getting wl in November

I made a groupme, so feel free to join!

You're invited to my new group 'PCOM-GA' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I interviewed last Tuesday and received my email this morning stating that I was waitlisted at the south GA campus. idk how to feel low-key. I'm definitely still grateful to have even been interviewed so I'm not complaining, just not sure if there will be much movement?

From what I think I know , I don’t believe they rank the waitlist. Some movement will happen after the April mandatory deposit is required. Decent amount of people get off the waitlist.

Feel like I need to provide some context as a 4th year student at this school. OP has 7 messages total and most of them are bashing this school.

If you really care and want to do medicine and this is the only school you are accepted to I beg of you to not attend, boost your resume or test scores and go somewhere else.
Readers plz disregard that. This is the worst advice I think i've seen on this site.

I truly don't have time to type all the things wrong with the school.
Help your future colleagues. Its hard to make an informed decision w/ no examples.

We have been through 3 deans and every time we keep saying
First 1 went to south GA campus. So its not like they left PCOM network. 2nd one was an interim. Never expected anything from this person. Nice guy but even he saw himself as a place-filler. 3rd one doesn't start until new academic year begins in may/june. So I can't judge her for anything if she hasn't officially started her job yet lol.

We started with 145 students and now only have 120
Like most schools, a larger portion of students took a research year or LOA because the unknown of the upcoming year made a lot of people nervous about matching. Especially if you were applying for competitive specialties.

Reactions: 7 users
Hello :( sorry to interject with all of the war and FUD going on about this beautiful school. Just curious -- when do the PCOMs start school for first and second years?

I'm on a few waitlists for other schools (accepted to SOGA campus, but not to Suwanee, etc) and I'm wondering if first years start with the summer term, or if that's for other years.

I realize the academic calendar for the "Fall 2021" term hasn't come out yet, but still. Do first/second years start in June (summer term), or do they start in the Fall, more near August?

Hello :( sorry to interject with all of the war and FUD going on about this beautiful school. Just curious -- when do the PCOMs start school for first and second years?

I'm on a few waitlists for other schools (accepted to SOGA campus, but not to Suwanee, etc) and I'm wondering if first years start with the summer term, or if that's for other years.

I realize the academic calendar for the "Fall 2021" term hasn't come out yet, but still. Do first/second years start in June (summer term), or do they start in the Fall, more near August?
It starts in July/August.

is there a group for roommate searching? if not, is there usually one later in the spring?

For those on the waitlist, does PCOM accept letters of intent?